Chapter 16: From Past to Present (Part 2) - The Godly Couple

Secrets of the Ordinary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(!Double Update!)

 

Chapter 16:

 

„Damn that Mino!“ Seungyoon gritted his teeth as his call was once again rejected.

The other one ended their call as soon as he mentioned Sora’s family.

 

„You’re not part of this anymore, don’t concern yourself with other people’s matters.“

 

After that he refused to take any of his numerous calls, no matter how often Seungyoon tried again.

He cursed once again under his breath, thinking of a different solution.

 

There were only two options left.

None of them were pleasant for him, it was choosing between being uneasy or being guilt tripped.

 

Seungyoon sighed. His head started to pound.

 

He would rather face the demon than meet the angel.

It was going to get uneasy.

 

 

He was able to catch a whiff of the intense smell even before he spotted the huge warehouse at the end of the bloc.

Seungyoon strolled past the numerous same-looking buildings, deeper into the more secluded part of the harbor.

Silence followed him like his own shadow, only the sound of his steps bounced off the walls.

As he got closer, the soft sounds of puttering around intensified.

Seungyoon became more and more aware of his situation and what he planned to do.

With a beep breath while involuntarily inhaling the odor of gas, cigarettes, sweat and car finish, he stepped inside.

 

Two dozen cars were scattered around in the yellowish-illuminated hall and even more people were bustling around: in front of the open hood, lying under the car, sitting inside or working around the car.

 

Seungyoon knew that the majority of the modifications on those cars were scratching at the limit of the law. To put it simply, it was illegal as .

 

He quickly set himself into motion, as people started to stare at him oddly.

It wasn’t a place where everyone was friends with everyone but everybody knew each other, be it from short conversation or only seeing them around.

It was rare to see new faces enter the place without someone familiar around them who introduced them to everyone.

People don’t just come to that place.

Of course, they’d eye him suspiciously and watch his every move.

 

Seungyoon knew how things went there. So, he held his head high and walked confidently through the cars towards the end of the hall where he slowed down when he spotted a familiar green sports car.

 

Thick thighs in ripped jeans poked out from under the vehicle, while various tools were scattered around the body.

Seungyoon stomped into a noisy halt right next to that person, his sweaty hands hidden in his pockets.

 

The other one slid out from beneath and an unimpressed look greeted Seungyoon.

„Yeah?“ He murmured as he got into a sitting position while looking expectant at the younger boy who he hadn’t seen for more than a year already.

„Got some time?“ Seungyoon answered curtly while facing away.

 

The young man swiped his hands on a dirty cloth, letting his eyes wander into the hall.

Those who were staring curiously at them, quickly ducked away, pretending to be busy.

 

„Do I look like I have?“, came the cynical reply.

„No, you don’t. But you never refuse a break.“ Seungyoon remarked, his eyes falling on the boy on the floor once again who got up with a deep sigh.

„You never change.“

As he stood in front of him, Seungyoon scanned the muscular body of the tall man in front of him.

He didn’t changed much either.

 

He brushed past Seungyoon to the blue cool box next to the wall and took two cans out.

Wordlessly, he tossed one to Seungyoon and made his way towards the back exit. Seungyoon followed him in silence, surprisingly there was no awkwardness even thought they hadn’t seen each other for such a long time. Must be the familiarity.

 

Outside, he turned into a small alley and sat himself down while opening his can. Seungyoon did the same and sat opposite him.

For a while, they sat in complete silence while taking sips from their drinks.

 

„It’s been a while, hasn’t it?“ Seungyoon was the first to break the silence. „How are you doing?“

 

Silence emerged again as the other boy only stared at Seungyoon.

 

„How… How’s business going these days?“ He continued carefully.

 

But he didn’t get an answer once again.

Seungyoon sighed and rolled his eyes. Was it going to get difficult?

 

Suddenly, the other one bursted into laughter. „You really had a though time of it with Mino, didn’t you?“

Seungyoon turned away, embarrassed.

 

„You’re so obvious with your actions, it’s unbearable to watch.“

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter