Chapter 7: Happy Family

Secrets of the Ordinary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7:

 

Seungyoon woke up when he felt something cold on his right cheek. There was an unknown man next to him who retrieved his hand from his face as he just placed a cold napkin on his swollen cheek. Seungyoon looked at him questioningly, his mind still half-asleep. The man who looked like he was in his mid-twenties wore a dark turtleneck pullover and jeans under a white doctor’s coat. His pushed up hair was dark brown and he had a pair of glasses of the same colour. He had a stoic facial expression, giving him a serious aura. Nonetheless, he tried to lift the corners of his mouth into a faint smile upon noticing Seungyoon’s stare.

“You woke up. How are you feeling right now?”

Before he could answer with ‘Good’ out of reflex, he felt the soreness from his whole body. He groaned involuntary.

“Not that good, as expected.” The doctor stated matter-of-factly. “Can you sit up?”

Seungyoon nodded weakly and with the help of the doctor, he slowly got in a sitting position. His body ached with every movement.

“You got in an ambush yesterday. You were beaten up quite badly, I treated your wounds when you were still unconscious, but we should still go to the hospital for a quick check-up. I’m Doctor Jung, by the way.”

The doctor got up and opened the curtains, unveiling two big windows. It was dawn, the yet greyish sky was starting to light up.

It’s morning? Was he knocked out for only one night? It felt like days for him.

“Where am I?” Seungyoon croaked out before trying to clear his dried out throat.

“At a safe place, that’s all you need to know. Our priority right now is to get you in the hospital. We should get going when it’s still early.”

“Sora...“ He whispered while clutching his drumming head.

The doctor stopped in front of the windows and stared at Seungyoon with an unreadable expression.

Fine. She was fine.

Yunho helped Seungyoon to get on his two feet and supported him out of the room. After adjusting to the lingering pain, Seungyoon was able to walk half-way properly while shifting most of his weight on the doctor.

They entered a wide hallway; a white marbled floor with a long dark brown carpet in the middle, cream-coloured walls with white pillars which supported the beautifully decorated ceiling. Three enormous chandeliers were lined up in the hallway, illuminating the space in a white and warm light. There were some small tables at the walls which held expensive vases of beautiful roses in red, rose, white, orange. There were also two portraits, one on each end of the hallway but before Seungyoon could make out what was on it, they arrived already at the marble staircase with an elegant stain-less banister. It had floral ornaments as motives; Seungyoon could make out little leaves which were wildly running down the banister. They both made their way downstairs.

If the hallway was impressive, then there were no words to describe the entrance hall, the both of them arrived at. It was an enormous open space in white with a massive wooden front door in the middle. A golden ornate double door was on his right side and on his left there was no door; it was an open passage, leading to a room unbeknownst to him. Before Seungyoon could catch anything beside the white roses next to the entrance, he was pulled through another door next to the staircase. It led down one more level; in the basement of the building. Upon entering the room, the lights went on automatically, revealing a sight that Seungyoon would never forget in his life. There were vehicles lining up the wide space of the garage. But not just any ordinary ones, they were one of the most luxurious and expensive ones; from the newest models of sports cars to huge all-terrain vehicles to shining black limousines to flashy bikes. There were at least fifthteen in total.

Seungyoon’s jaw dropped at the sight.

Where the hell did he end up? This was paradise, for sure.

The doctor took out a pair of keys from the key cabinet on the grey wall and stuffed it in the pocket of his coat.

“Let’s get going.” He monitored Seungyoon to follow him to a - compared to all the other flashy ones - rather average silver car.

At that moment, the garage door started to roll up and two bikes; one in red, one in green, rolled in. The doctor who already opened the driver’s door of their car, stopped mid-movement and closed it again. Seungyoon stood at the other side of the car, leaning against the door, unsure of what to do next and observed the newcomers.

Black combat boots stamped on the ground as the two strangers in all black clothes and matching leather jackets approached them.

The first one took off his helmet and ruffled through his blonde slightly wet hair.

A quite young boy. Seungyoon would say some years older than himself. Maybe in his early twenties?

“Sup, doc?”

He had a grin on his red lips and a smug expression on his face. His eyes fell on Seungyoon standing behind the doctor. Even thought his expression remained the same, something in his eyes changed, triggering pure fear in Seungyoon. He stiffed slightly and gulped down his nervousness. The other boy smirked at the younger’s response which didn’t go unnoticed and adverted his attention to the doctor.

“Zico. P.O. You guys are early.” The doctor stated matter-of-factly.

The other boy, called P.O, had removed his helmet in the meantime and glanced around with a bored expression. Seungyoon was taken by surprise as he recognized the face of the other boy. There was no mistake, it was him. He was the broad shoulder boy who he had spotted Sora with that one afternoon.

“How’s Sora?” His baritone voice echoed in the garage, shocking Seungyoon who wasn’t prepared to hear such a deep voice coming from a teenager.

“Fine and still sleeping. What else were you expecting at seven in the morning?” The doctor retorted with a snort. “But he’s already awake, so there’s no problem with you guys being so early here. Anyways, I need to take him to the hospital now. We might see each other later.”

The doctor nodded in Seungyoon’s direction and he instantly became their centre of attention again.

Seungyoon cowered under the intense stare of the P.O boy.

Why was he glaring at me?

It was the first time they ever met each other and that boy was already looking at him with murderous eyes.

“So, he’s the one.” The guy called Zico murmured, scrunicizing him from head to toe.

But the doctor climbed in the car without responding and Seungyoon quickly followed suite under the uncomfortable stares of the two bikers.

With both their gazes still on them, the car engine started and the vehicle drove out the garage in a vast green site.

A garden.

Big strong trees stood on both sides of the short alley, they drove through. An explosion of colours greeted him as they passed flowers of any kind in their full blooms. Seungyoon was in awe.

Where was this place?

With a quick glance in the side mirror before driving out the now open gate, Seungyoon caught sight of the most magnificent and glorious mansion in his life. Mansions that he saw on TV of those super rich Jet-Setters but never in real life.

Heck, he never even thought something like that existed in Seoul.

Where did he end up at?

 

 

Sora woke up to the sounds of chirping birds. Someone had opened the shutters and the windows of her room. Warm sunlight was flooding inside and a soft breeze brought in the smell of fried eggs and toast.

Sora rubbed her sleepy eyes. She flinched slightly when her hand unintentionally brushed her bruised cheek.

It’ll take a little for the pain to disappear...

Her stomach growled with the thoughts of the breakfast that was being prepared downstairs. She hopped out of her bed, grabbed some fresh clothes to hit the shower. Inspecting her face in front of the big mirror, she saw that the swelling from yesterday went down a little, it won’t be long and the pain will too.

That’s right, stay optimistic!

 

As she was blowing her hair dry after the shower, she remembered Seungyoon and the conversation with her brother yesterday.

He was fine, some injuries but nothing serious. Her brother assured her that. But still, she can’t help but worry.

After she was finished, she went straight to the guest room where - she was told by her brother - Seungyoon was staying. She knocked softly on the door and poked her head in when nobody answered. Against her conviction, the room was empty. Confused, she went to the second bathroom.

Maybe he was there?

Sounds of running water were heard through the closed door, as she knocked. Someone closed the tap and there were footsteps towards the door.

“What?”

Light brown strands clung on his wet face as the door opened a crack. The youngest of her three older brothers looked at her questioningly.

“Sorry Changmin, I thought you were someone else.” Sora replied sheepishly.

 “Tsk. This girl.” Changmin could only shake his head while watching her retreat from his sight in the speed of light.

 

Sora made her way downstairs to the kitchen which was connected to the living room. There she found some delicious smelling food but also the person she’d been looking for between two servants and the cook.

“Yoochun!” She called out as she hopped into his open arms.

“You’re better.” He smiled while cuddling her.

“Eww. If you don’t stop the eggs will have an inedible amount of grease which will be bad for our cholesterol level.“

Their heads turned at the snappish remark. A smirking Zico leaned at the doorway, while an amused P.O stood beside him.

“ZZZiaco!” Sora copied his favourite pronunciation with a laugh and ran towards him. He caught her in his arms and squeezed her tightly.

“Thank Goodness, you’re fine!” He whispered in her ear. Despite his carefree attitude, his voice was full of relief.

Her brothers weren’t the only ones who were worried about her.

“How are the others?” She asked him with a grin. “Still crazy as ever?”

“What do you expect?” He winked. “They were asking about you a lot. They’ll be happy to hear that you still didn’t changed your mind about them one bit.”

They broke out laughing.

“Come here, Princess!” P.O shouted as she and Zico broke apart. He engulfed her in a bone-shattering tight hug and nuzzled his h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter