Chapter 6~

Hold You Tight |Park Jimin| Re vamped

The chill air hit me as I ran outside. It was dark and I was getting worried as every second passed. All I could see was the hustle of the grass but no one. One of the things troublesome about the countryside is that there is so much open land. He could be anywhere. Then my eyes drifted to the forest. He mostly likely to run in there

As I ran into the forest and I saw a warm glow of a house nearby. Then it hit me.

The shed.

I saw the shed and found the door locked.

"Ryu are you in there?!" I banged the door.

"Go away!" a voice replied.

"Ryu come out. Let's talk this out" I said calmly.

"No I hate you!" I sighed resting my head on the door trying to get my breath back.

"I'm sorry okay. I'm sorry I yelled at you. It's just....this isn't easy on me either"

After more words exchanging from the door and with some reasoning, I managed to get him out.

"I'm sorry dad" Ryu lowered his head and I hugged him and soon after that our bond was mended. He may look like me but he had a forgiving heart like his mother.

"Now let's go back and apologise to mum and I still haven't given you my surprise yet"

"Oh! I forgot about that let's hurry" we were about to run back until a light flashed in our eyes stopping us like a deer in headlights.

"Oh it's just you two" Hoseok turned the light away.

"What are you doing in my shed?"

"Sorry uncle I was hiding there" Ryu mumbled.

"Ah you're playing hide and seek? At this time of the night? You should've invited me" Hoseok laughed as he rubbed Ryu' head.

" Well its getting pretty late now. I think we should go home. Sorry to disturb you see you tomorrow" I pulled Ryu hoping Hoseok won't question us.

"Wait! It's Ryu 's birthday isn't it? I'll come with and we can celebrate it together. Hop in my car" Hoseok hung his arms around my shoulder.

"Uh no you shouldn't come...um the house is really messy" but Hoseok shook his head.

"I'll help you clean up. Three men can do the job" and he dragged into his car.

"I haven't been at your house since..." Hoseok silenced himself regretting what was about to come out his mouth.

"It's..it's fine" I stuttered.

"Sorry I didn't mean to bring it up...I just...I miss you guys a lot. After all that happened I'm sorry I didn't reach out properly " Hoseok quickly glanced at me before staring back at the road.

"No..um it's okay. It was hard on you as much as me and I kind of pushed you away but.. I....uh...I need to show something when we get there but you need to keep it a secret okay?" Words were fumbling out of my mouth as I try to rack what to do when we reach home.

"Of course I'm your best friend. My lips are sealed" and I let out a small chuckle at his comment remembering that he was so bad at keeping his mouth shut.

Flashback (Back in high school days)

"Just tell her already!" Hoseok yelled as I sat in the corner of the classroom glancing out the window, wallowing in my depression.

"No, if she really liked me she'll say no" I said trying to be confident.

"Argh! Jimin it's Y/N we are talking about. She's like the nicest girl in school. And you're gonna let Jungkook confess to her?! She'll say yes cause shes nice! And heck the only reason she'll say no to him is if you tell her you like her!" Hoseok said the last few words slowly trying to empathise them to get me understand but I was a huge coward.

"You know what....its my time to shine. It's the ultimate wingman time to save the day" Hoseok stormed off down the corridor

"Wait Hoseok!" I ran after him trying to stop him.

"No more waiting. More action" he said.

"You promised you wont interfere. You promised you won't say anything" I said.

"Grashahdjghdkjskh......" Hoseok stopped and turned to face me putting on an annoyed face with his hands in his hair.

"Jimin it's like I'm watching a kdrama here except you're about to become the second guy and not the main character anymore. And as the biggest fan of this kdrama I cannot let that happen. And most importantly I'm your wingman" Hoseok made weird bird like actions with his arms.

"Time to fly" he said and ran off with me giving chase.

"Come on man" Hoseok whined as I trapped him under my arms. Squirming in my arms and his arm failing around as if he's a trapped bird. "What are you afraid of?"

"I just...what if...all these years as friends....she never developed feelings like I do...I just don't want to be rejected again....you know my parents rejected me....I don't know if I can live through another rejection...we shouldn't have been friends to begin with"

"Jimin I know she likes you...okay look I promised to keep my mouth shut but seriously like for real....she likes you okay! She even told me. Like you know the time when.." Hoseok babbled on but my mind was stuck on the past.

Hoseok was silent then giving up when he noticed his words no longer was going through to me.

"I wish I was never her best friend" I stuttered and of course just like in Hoseok's kdrama she walked in at the wrong time and heard me. Regret started to drown me instantly.

"I...didn't know...I'm sorry" and she ran.

Another chase I gave and my legs ignored the pain in my heart as I chased her. No I don't want to be another mistake.

"Wait Y/N. Please listen to me just once more please" I begged she stopped breathing heavily.

"I didn't mean that. I want to be your friend gosh I always wanted to be your best friend forever" I said and she darkly chuckled.

"Stop lying" she spat. I never saw a dark Y/N before.

What have I done to her.

I really don't want to lose her.

"I...really thought you were my best friend Jimin..." she started to cry. " why... do you not want to be my friend. What did I do wrong?...Is it because..."

Well here goes. Might as go hard or go home.

"I love you" we both said the same time and we both looked at each other shocked.

Y/N looked at me as if she's trying to read me. "....like as in love love. Cause I love you in that way and I don't think we can stay friends if its one sided" she confessed and my heart soared with pure happiness. 
 

"Yes...I love you. I always have loved you" I poured my heart out to her and grabbed her hand and kneeled on one knee. "Will you be my girlfriend Y/N?"

And she said yes. We shared our first kiss there until it was interrupted by an ugly sob and it took me two seconds to realise we were standing on top of bridge and I saw Hoseok standing at the bottom of the bridge watching us.

"This is the best kdrama ever!" Hoseok shouted.

Flashback ended

I shook my head laughing to myself. If it wasn't for Hoseok big mouth we wouldn't have ended up together. That's why Hoseok will always be my best friend. I promoted him as my best friend after marrying Y/N and that day he was as happy as the bride.

I nervously opened the door and we dried ourselves with some towels.

"Go and look for mummy" I whispered to Ryu and he nodded running off. 

"What do you mean messy? It looks so clean. Better than my place that's for sure" Hoseok laugh sitting on the couch making himself home.

"Ah the cake you haven't cut it yet. Guess I wasn't too late for the party" he laughed and I laughed along nervously. Ryu came running back with tears in his eyes.

"What wrong son?" Hoseok came and wrapped his arms around Ryu.

"It's all my fault. I....I.." Ryu sobbed against Hoseok's chest. My heart shook and cold sweat started to appear as a thought entered my head. Ryu choked another set of tears before finishing his words.

"She's gone" and that's what it all took for me to run again....

A/N: dashi run run run! Sorry Jimin making you run again. It's just you've been running through my head all day.......(sorry bye bye)