The Mesmerizing Sprinklers

I choose you, Rapmonster!

“And she kicked him in the balls for—“ munching on crackers, “for being a complete jacka** who couldn’t care less. She kicked it well—making sure to grind the balls of her feet to give Rapmon a good teaching lesson.” I chuckle to myself, evilly, as I finish editing the first chapter to my new fanfiction featuring Rapmon. “Yes. He was rather a rude, wasn’t he?” I assure myself as I lay down on my bed for the first time since last night’s disaster and stretch like a furry kitten. “I really hope I get a chance to meet Suga someday…” I murmur, falling into a deep slumber just as the glowing orange amber of the sun starts to rise in the east.

“GRACE!” There’s shrieking of my name coming from down the hallway. The heavy footsteps thumping grows closer and closer—until it stops. CLANG! I open my eyes to see my sister, Faith, draped in a fluffy blanket huffing and puffing. Her eyes are watery and red—enough to match her runny nose she’s been plugging with her fingers. “GRACE!” she snorts. “Can you go and buy me some medicine? I finished it.” She holds up an empty bottle of Nyquil.

“Didn’t I buy that for you yesterday?”

“It’s like alcohol.” Hiccup. “One shot just wasn’t enough.” Her weight tramples on top of me. I struggle underneath her.

“Fine,” I say, escaping from her collapse. “But it won’t be Nyquil this time! We’re going back to the old fashion bugs and soup!”

 

I stand in front of the vegetables, shivering at the coldness of the refrigerator. I yawn, mesmerized, as I stare at the healthy foods getting a morning shower sprinkle.

“It’s mesmerizing, isn’t it?” I smack my lips twice, roll my tired eyes half way—turning my head to the right to see a tall young man making a quirky comment. “Hello, Grace.” He smiles, waving at me.

“Rapmon?” A sly grin appears across his face as he looks down at his feet. He’s grinding the sole of his foot down on the washed out market tile.

“Does this action look familiar?” His eyes shoot up and pierce into mine. I gulp just in time for the sprinkles to turn off.

“What—What do you mean?” I croak, taking a step back while he comes forward.

I try to get away but the stupid sample table is blocking my way--- there’s no way to back off now. Rapmon’s distance is closing in fast. “I don’t like to get kicked in the balls, Grace. I don’t think any man does.” His hands are pressed firmly against the table behind me. I’m captured in between the space of his arms and chest. Rapmon smells earthty and musty-- like the way the air smells after a heavy downpour. But all in all, he smells warm. ‘It’s not bad,’ I think to myself.

His voice deepens as he hisses into my sensitive ear. “I wonder what’s equivalent for a woman to feel the pain of a man and getting his privates kicked.” Rapmon pulls away from my ears and searches for my glance. I look down at how his toes are pointed towards me. His face leans in forward towards mine—his eyes are slowly closing the closer he gets to me. Closer and close—

“NNOOOOO!!!!!” I swing kick him in the balls-- him grabbing unto his privates out of reflex.

“Grace!” He growls as he’s crouched over a bit by the fish section of the market. I run full speed towards the medical department for my sister’s medicine—only to fall face flat from the leakage of vegetable sprinklers that no employee knew about.