Suga, you ain't that sweet!

I choose you, Rapmonster!

“You’re my inspiration. You’re my muse,” I tell him, looking into his crystal clear eyes that reflects the candlelight on the dinner table. “I know it must get difficult sometimes—but thank you for what you do.” An unescapable smile makes its’ appearance. “That’s what I wanted to tell Yoon Gi if I had a chance to meet him.”

“But you’re stuck with me.” Rapmon fidgets in his leather chair—squeaking each time he adjusts his position.

“No. It’s not that.” I try reasoning with the man I’m supposedly on a “date” with. “It’s just…” Another smile appears, thinking of Yoon Gi. “I just really like Yoon Gi oppa.” I say as I tuck a strand of loose hair back behind my ears.  

Rapmon leans in closer from across the table. “If you don’t mind me asking,” he’s looking straight into my eyes. “What is it that he has inspired you to do?”

A small laughter escapes my mouth. I blush a bit—too embarrassed to tell him. “I write fan fictions.” Making eye contact again. “With Yoon Gi in it.”

A smile creeps unto Rapmon’s face. He brings his long slender fingers up to cover his smile but I can tell that he’s more than amused. I look down at the untouched piece of steak, regret telling him; but his deep voice booms over. “Can I read them sometime?” My eyes shoot up, meeting his once again. His eyes are serious and his smile seems genuine.

Cautiously, “If you promise not to make fun of me.” His smile just grows bigger, revealing his shining white teeth. He nods. My voice fades as I get closer to finishing my sentence. “It’s called, ‘Suga, you ain’t that sweet.’”

“Puahahaha!” Rapmon breaks out into laughter, making the tip of my ears burn with embarrassment.

“You promised you wouldn’t make fun of me!” I look up at him, sadly. Rapmon tries to stop his laughter but he fails when another burst of laughter comes rushing forward like vomit.

“No no no!” He assures me that he’s not laughing from the title. “It’s just—it’s true, Grace! Suga, really ain’t that sweet!” He’s mimicking me. “Where can I read it? It sounds rather enticing!”

“On Asianfanfics.com…” I say, fidgeting with my fingertips underneath the table. Rapmon takes out his cell phone and looks it up.

“Found it! Hahaha!” He’s scrolling through.

“I never should’ve said anything.” I whisper underneath my breath.

“I think I love you…” Rapmon mimics in a high pitched voice. “Suga hyung? In love?! HA HA HA!” Rapmon’s face is shoved into the red table cloth, banging his free hand up and down.

“That could be happen!” I say, getting up as I slam my palm down unto the table. Rapmon looks up at me, startled. I ease my way down back into the seat, avoiding any sort of eye contact. “Or not…” I whisper. “It is fan fiction after all…”

His laughter stops as a smile appears across his face. “I’m sorry. It’s just—He’s Suga hyung, you know?” He’s observing my face for some compromise. “But I do think it’s amazing you are able to create a story based on your knowledge of who we really are.”

“Do you really think so?” I say, searching for honesty in his eyes.

“Of course! And I do hope after our very special ARMY date prize that you’ve won, you’ll be able to write one about me.” I blink twice. “And—Three. Two. One. I’m afraid our date is over now!” Rapmon points at his white watch, showing me that our date truly is over.

Managers start walking into the room to clean everything. Like queen bees, everybody’s moving quiet efficiently. Without me even knowing, I’m out of my chair and standing in the middle of the room—attempting to avoid the cleaning crew. “It was a pleasure meeting you, Grace.” Rapmon puts out his right hand very professionally. “And I hope you have a good rest of the night.” Rapmon grabs my hand in his, shaking it twice before dropping if off back to my side. “Let’s go, hyungnim.” He says as he and his managers start to leave the room, leaving me confused and dazed as to what just happened.