"So, uh-- Where's Rapmon?"

I choose you, Rapmonster!

“So, uh—where’s Rapmon?” Faith observes around the busy evening airport. I grip tightly onto the blue passport I have in my hand.

“He’s not coming because I didn’t tell him I’m leaving.” I make my way to the terminal. Faith struggles to keep up with me.

“Well- How’s he ever going to know that you lov—“ I stop in my tracks and turn around sharply, jerking Faith up against the luggage she’s pulling behind her.

“I don’t do love.” I head once again for the terminal.

“What’s wrong with you?! How could you be so frustrating?! Just because Yoon Gi didn’t return your love for you—“

“It’s not that!” I snap once again, facing Faith’s scowling face.

“Then, what is it? You don’t want no long distance relationship?”

“It’s because he’s an idol, Faith! He has eyes watching him everywhere!” I point to the poorly disguised paparazzi left and right with their massive cameras “hidden” in their purses and luggage. “And I’m just an ordinary girl who’s leaving for America in an hour. If I really care for him, how could I stand in his way of becoming something greater?” I turn back around, facing forward towards the terminal for the one last time. “Besides, I don’t want no ARMY fan bashing me.”

“Don’t you trust that Rapmon will protect you?”

“It’s too late for that. You don’t just bump into the person your destined for.” Just as I’m about to bend down to die my red converse, a stranger bumps into me.

He grabs unto my elbow to help me not tip over. “Oh, I’m sorry.” His voice is soft like his big hands. I look up to see a beaming cheesy smile that falls in the shadow of his army green bucket hat. His smiling eyes slowly uncover from the brim of his hat to reveal that man I once knew: Jimin.

“Oh!” We gasp simultaneously as we point at each other. “Jimin/Grace, what are you doing here? No, you!” He chuckles, brushing his fingers through his red hair to press his hat back down.

“I’m not sure if I’m supposed to tell you but…” Jimin leans in closer to me. “We’re headed to Thailand.”

“For the V-app?” Jimin’s eyes widen with surprise.

“Oh! How’d you know?” I laugh for the first time in weeks at Jimin’s confusion: He obviously doesn’t know the power of the ARMY.

“Hyung!” Jungkook and Jin, with their flopping hair, come running over. Faith pushes me aside as she smooth out her hair.

“Yah! We already lost one person, we don’t need to lose another one.” Jin playfully smack’s Jimin’s head. Jungkook gives Jimin a back hug—making me wonder if ‘Jikook’ is a real thing.

“Hello, Jin,” Faith s her way through, pressing the side of her body towards him. I push her ridiculous act out of the way.

“Who’s missing?”

“Yeah, Rapmon said he left something important behind and that he just couldn’t leave without. It’s probably his passport, again.” Jin laughs wholeheartedly, wanting to get rid of the anxiousness.

“So, Jin. My name is Faith and I think—“ Faith coos, blushing madly in front of Jin when we hear screaming in the distance.

“Shoot! How do ARMY fans keep on figuring out when we’re leaving?!” Jin grabs Jimin and Jungkook’s hand like a mom to go save V and J-Hope in the midst of paparazzi and love struck girls.

“Have a safe trip!” The BTS members go off running.

“Jin!!” Faith flings out her arm towards him running in the distance. “I LOVE YOU!” She growls. Jin turns around and winks as I drag her body away so we don’t miss our flight.

 

After the massive struggle of shoving and dodging people on the plane, I plop down unto my airplane seat in the back. Somehow, Faith ended up in the middle of the plane next to some robust man who could possibly pass off as a body builder. I, on the other hand, was fortunate enough to have a person in a gray hood, simply looking out the window—minding his own business. “It took you long enough.” The man in a gray hoodie takes off his hood, revealing a familiar blonde hair and the dimple implanted smile I’ve desperately missed. “Do you know how long I’ve been waiting here?”

“Rapmon.” Rapmon puts his hand up to my mouth, shushing me.

“Namjoon,” he whispers. “I don’t want people to know I’m here.”

“You’re not supposed to be here. You’re plane to Thailand is leaving soon.”

Namjoon smiles and sinks into the airplane seat. “Didn’t you hear from Jin?” I crouch up calling for the attendant’s attention, hoping he can get off to make his flight in time. “I left something important behind and I couldn’t leave without it.”

“Well, what are you doing here? Shouldn’t you go get it?” Namjoon breaks out into a chuckle.

“It’s you, dummy.” Namjoon says, pulling me back down into my seat. He gives me a quick peck on the cheek. “I couldn’t leave without you.”

“Namjoon, I’m leaving for America. This is a flight to America. You have a place to—“

“Be in your heart.” He stops me. “Like you are in mine.” He smiles at me. I look at his hands slowly sliding down from my wrist to grab unto my hand.

“You’re not making any sense,” I whisper.

“No matter how far we are, there’s always technology. Although it’s 16-hour time difference, I don’t mind staying up just a little bit later to talk to you. I don’t mind visiting you when I have the chance. I don’t mind putting up with long-distance because as long as it’s you,” his fingers interlace with mine, “Anything is worth it.”

“You’re an idol—“

“Idols need love, too.”

“And I’m just a normal girl—“

“Whom I choose to love very much.”

“Long distance is difficult.”

“But they’re not us.”

I pause. “That’s what they all say.”

“But they’re not us,” his voice softens. I look into his clear eyes, which are always determined with such passion, honesty, and confidence. A small smile appears on my face, thinking of how Namjoon always had an answer for everything. I lean in and slowly close my eyes to feel a warm but refreshing taste of mint hit my lips.

“They’re not us.” I smile back at him as his eyes widen in shock by my sudden kiss initiative.

 

“Flight attendance, prepare for takeoff, please.” Namjoon looks around frantically.

“Oh shoot!” We shout simultaneously.

“I have to get off!”

“Please, sir. We’d ask you to remain calm for a smooth takeoff.”

“You don’t understand—“ Namjoon stutters.

“Sir. I ask you to remain in your seat until takeoff is complete.”

Namjoon flops back into his seat. “What about Thailand?”

He smiles at me. “It’s all preparation for the next couple of days. I’ll sure they’ll be suffice without me.” I raise an eyebrow. “The only one who really worries me is Jimin but on the bright side, I guess I’m meeting your parents early!” I lean against Namjoon’s warm and broad shoulders as we both look out the plane window, overlooking the glistening evening Seoul city lights where we fell in love. 

 

Author's Note: 
Thank you very much to all my subscribers and readers out there! Honestly, I feel like i did not do Rapmon justice because in reality he's a much dorkier and funnier guy with an oozing amount of charm; With that said, I might come back and edit it later in the future. But all in all, I just wanted to tell you guys that I really enjoyed reading your comments and having this "community" where we could squeal over Rapmon together. hahah. Hope to see/hear you guys in my future stories, too! 
- Funnyransom