Slyly Slippin'

I choose you, Rapmonster!

“Girlfriend?” Rapmon keeps on staring at me as he repeats himself constantly.

“When did this happen?” V asks, happily. “Wait. Does that mean we—“ Before V can finish, Rapmon wraps his hands around mine as we hustle out of the room.

 

The two of us are sitting awkwardly on the blue leather imitation couch, holding hands. “Rap—“ I start.

“Do you like me?” I feel his hand tension underneath mine. His grip is stronger, now.

“I—I was just going to tell you to—“ My fingers wiggle in between his, asking his to let me go.

“Oh.” He slowly takes his hand away from mine, holding unto his own hands together. After a moment of silence, “Everybody thinks you’re my girlfriend. What are you going to do now?” I blink nonstop, hesitating about the mistake I’ve made. Now, I’m fumbling with my own fingers. Rapmon places his hand in mine again. His touch takes my unnerving anxiousness away. He, slyly, slips his fingers in between mine, again. “Do you want to try being my girlfriend?”

My eyes shoot up to meet his. “Is this another cliff hanger?” I ask him.

“No.” A small but genuine smile appears across his face. “I’ve just come to like you.” I stare blankly at him. My eyes slowly fall back into our hands.

“I—I---I-IIII---“ I murmur on and on and on.