Chapter 9. Cube Family

The Lion's Pride

 

Melody sprawled on a couch in one of the rooms outside a recording booth next to Doojoon.

The two of them were waiting for Summer and Dongwoon to finish recording their part in the collaboration song that Cube was planning to use to formally introduce 4D as part of the Cube Family.

Trina and G.NA came around the corner with Jun Hyung and Ilhoon hot on their heels.

“What are you kids doing?” Melody asked with a smile as she watched the four of them laughing as they came towards them.

“The guys challenged us to a rap battle. We lost.” Trina grumbled.

Melody raised an eyebrow. “And you are surprised by this? You two took on two very strong rappers.”

G.NA smiled sheepishly, “We thought they may take it easy on us since we are girls.”

Hearing something that sounded suspiciously like someone trying not to laugh, Melody refused to turn her head to look at Doojoon.

“How’d that work out for you?”

Trina tossed a look over her shoulder at Jun Hyung. “We will be prepared for next time.” She promised glowering at her oppa.

 

Feeling something poke her back Melody reached behind her without looking to swat at it.

When her hand connected there was a yelp of surprise and she turned so fast she caught Eunkwang before he could step away.

“Why you!” She exclaimed as she went for him. His laugh was cut short when he turned and bolted down the hallway with Melody not far behind. Her infectious laughter filled the hallway and as the two of them raced past Yhinny, Peniel, and Rain the two younger ones joined her in her chase.

 

As Rain joined the others one of BTOB’s manager’s Jiyong also met up with them.

Melody’s giggle reached them faintly and they couldn’t help but smile.

“I have never known an Unni like Melody.” G.NA said fondly.

Jiyong nodded, “Even though she is older than most of the idols, her sweet nature and cheerful personality have brought much laughter and life to the family.

When Rain indicated for Jiyong to step away with him for a moment the younger man obliged.

“How are things with Melody-ah and Eunkwang-ah”

“The two have become almost inseparable.”

“Melodies know?”

Jiyong nodded, “A few pictures have been leaked but the response has been mixed. It seems many approve of the two of them as a couple, while others insist they are only friends and Eunkwang is taking care of her for Leo-yah from VIXX.”

 

Rain thought back to a few days before when Melody had let it slip that Leo had not contacted her lately.

Melody’s eyes were filled with sadness. “I have not heard from him in a couple weeks, but it’s okay. I know he is busy with them working towards their comeback.” The cheerful smile she gave him did not quite reach her eyes but Rain smiled and nodded like he believed her.

 

Hearing voices the two of them turned to see Melody and the others returning.

Yhinny was being carried piggyback by Peniel while Melody and Eunkwang were walking beside each other. Doing a double take Rain realized the two of them were more like dancing their way down the hall.

“And you? What do you think of them Jiyong-ah?”

Watching the two coming back towards them thoughtfully he rubbed his chin.

“I think the two of them make a handsome pair together. I’m a little surprised that their friendship has been allowed to blossom as freely as it has."

Rain and Jiyong looked up as they heard someone calling out to Melody, a moment later the Troublemaker duo joined the group that had gathered.

“If nothing else 4D have brought everyone closer together then they ever have been.”

Nodding in agreement Rain watched as Eunkwang reached out to hold Melody’s hand, a small smile formed on his lips as she took it…