Chapter 19. The Arrangement

The Lion's Pride

“Eunkwang-ah! I need to speak to you!” Melody burst into the practice room surprising the members of BTOB.

Eukwang hurried over impatiently pushing his sweaty hair out of his eyes. He was concerned at the tone of her voice and the way she seemed to be trembling.

“Noona?” He asked concerned.

“Tell me it’s not true, please tell me it is not true.” She said her voice rising in pitch.

Grasping her shoulders he looked into her eyes. “Calm down noona, what is going on?”

Her sky blue eyes were almost wild in their distress. “Us, they want us together so badly they made me choose between the love of my life and my sisters.”

Eunkwang shook his head, she wasn’t making any sense. Grasping her arm he led her out of the room and into one of the small recording booths away from curious ears.

 

“Now tell me what you are talking about?”

“There is a rumor that a big reason I had to break up with Taekwoon-ah was because they want you and me to become a couple.”

Pulling away in shock, Eunkwang’s mouth dropped open.

“What? There is no way they would do that.”

“Please, Eunkwangie, you swear you didn’t know anything about this?”

The look of surprise on his face wiped any lingering suspicions she had.

Seeing the pained expression on her face his face became softer and he gently took her hands between his.

“Noona, please believe me, I knew nothing about this and I would never betray you or Taekwoon-ah like that.” The look of helplessness that crossed her face had him taking her in his arms.

“We will get through this. You and Taekwoon–ah will never have to worry that I would tell your secret. But maybe this gives you two a way to worry less.”

Melody looked up in surprise. “What do you mean?”

“What if we give them what they want?”

Wide blue eyes stared up at him in confusion.

“What if we become a couple?” When she would have protested he put his finger against her lips. “Hush Noona, listen, if they think you and I are together they will not be watching you as closely as they are. Perhaps we might even be able to arrange a “date” and have you meet with Taekwoon-ah at that time.”

Her voice sounded small and tiny, like a child’s. “Eunkwangie, I could never ask that of you.”

He smiled, “You aren’t asking, I’m offering.”

With a soft sob she flung her arms around his waist. “Oh Eunkwangie, thank you, thank you so much.”

 

Tenderly he her hair and felt his chest tighten. He would do anything for his friend and the woman he loved, even if it meant faking a relationship with her to give her any chance at happiness.

He couldn’t help but wonder if what she had told him was true and their CEO did really want them to date.

Melody stood on her toes and reached up to kiss Eunkwang’s cheek.

“Thank you.” She whispered as she stepped back and waved before heading to the room she and the other members would be practicing in.

 

Reaching up to touch where she had kissed him he watched her walk away a small smile on his face.

 

Peering from around the corner Minjae couldn’t stop a grin from breaking across his face.

He had seen them both rush into the little booth and then their touching goodbye and he wanted to shout with joy.

Eunkwang and Melody were indeed an item. Now he could stop worrying that she was sneaking behind their backs and seeing that young pup from Jellyfish Ent.

Whistling softly he headed for his bosses office, his step lighter than it had been in a long while.