Chapter 14. Meeting the Pride

The Lion's Pride

Cautiously the group of fans bowed and greeted them back.

“Are you 4D fans or are you Starlights?” He asked softly.

Melody and Taekwoon were surprised to hear they were fans of both groups.

“Actually…” a smaller girl towards the back raised her hand to get their attention.

Melody smiled and indicated for the girl to come forward.

Shyly she did and looked up at the two of them from beneath bangs that had streaks of teal. “We go by another name.”

A taller girl tried to shush her but Melody smiled sweetly and told her it was alright.

“What name is that?”

Barely above a whisper the little one told them they were known as “Pride”.

Taekwoon tilted his head curiously. “Pride?” The word was an English one he was not familiar with.

Melody also look confused. “Why Pride?”

The group of girls all became silent and would not meet their eyes.

 

Looking over at Taekwoon’s blank face Melody gave his hand a tight squeeze. When he met her eyes she tilted her head towards the fans and gave a small smile.

With a quick nod to show he understood Taekwoon crouched down to be closer to the smaller girl and gave a small smile.

“What is your name?”

She stammered slightly as she told them it was Ji-hyo.

“Ji-hyo-ah, will you not tell us why?”

Ji-hyo looked around and saw the other girls were captivated by Taekwoon’s sweet smile and would not help her.

“A group of lionesses and some lions along with their offspring are called a Pride. The members of 4D represent the lionesses, and VIXX are the lions, with Taekwoon being the leader of it. Us fans… we represent the younger ones who help support the pride.”

Melody’s brow furrowed in concentration. She didn’t think that was exactly the correct definition of a pride but she thought she did understand the reasoning behind giving themselves the name.

“Does this mean…” her voice trailed off as she felt the sting of tears threaten.

Ji-hyo looked nervously at them. “It means we support 4D members dating VIXX members, but most especially we approve of the Lion and the Lioness being together.”

Melody’s hand rose to where her necklaces from Taekwoon nestled.

Taekwoon looked confused.

The taller girl from before shook her head. “Oppa, we want you to date Melody Unnie.”

He swallowed hard as he looked at the dozen girls before them.

“You all are okay with the two of us?” He asked as he held up their joined hands.

“It’s not just us.” She said, “there are tons of Pride members all over the world.”

Biting her lip Melody sniffed trying to hold back tears.

“Unnie?” Ji-hyo asked concerned.

Gathering her close Taekwoon smoothed her hair back. “Your unnie is overwhelmed. We did not realize there would be fans who would support us being together.”

Raising tear filled eyes Melody smiled sweetly. “Thank you.” She whispered before reaching to give Ji-hyo a hug.

For a moment the younger girl froze before awkwardly hugging back.

“Thank you all.” She said reaching out to hug the other fans.

Even Taekwoon patted most of them on their heads as he thanked them for their support.

 

When the fans grew quiet Melody turned to see Ravi, Angel, and the rest of 4D walking towards them.

“Everything okay?” Ravi rumbled in his deep voice.

Nodding the two of them started introducing them to the group of fans.

The group of fans chatted with all of them for a little bit longer before they had to say their goodbyes.

When they started to drift away Ji-hyo darted forward. For one of the youngest of the group at 15 she had a darling personality that they all found endearing.

“Please…may I take a picture with you Melody Unnie.”

Melody’s heart melted at the question and she hugged the younger girl. “Of course you can.”

This started a round of picture taking that was filled with lots of laughter.

After it was over they waved as the girls all headed home.

Trinity stared after them. “They are all sweet kids.”

 

Ji-hyo looked at her phone surprised to see that she had tons of retweets and mentions on twitter.

Her tweet of the picture of her with Melody and Taekwoon had already been retweeted over 100 times! She only had like 48 followers…

The tweet only said “Me with my favorite male and female idol.” She had not even hash tagged it. Her eyes widened at some of the mentions and realized people were hash tagging them.

“OMG you met them? I’m so jealous!” #Pride #Starlight #4D #VIXX”

“Are they really as sweet as everyone says they are?” #Pride #Starlight #4D”

“Are you friends with them?!? #Pride #Jealous #KIdols”

“They are soooo cute together! #Taekwoon #Melody #Pride”

 

“Sook-ja! My Twitter!” she called in surprise to the tall girl that had been with her earlier.

Her friend nodded as she came over to her. “I know, mine is the same! I posted the picture of me and you with all of them. I’ve already gained 200 followers in the last hour.”

Surprised Ji-hyo checked hers and was shocked to see that how many new ones she had also gained.

The two friends clutched each other tightly as they saw all the love and support pouring in for the couple….make that couples, Ji-hyo amended as she saw support for Ravi and Yhinny also being tweeted.

“We really have the best fandoms.” Sook-ja said as she grinned widely.

“I just hope we didn’t get them in trouble.” Ji-hyo said as she bit her lip….