Chapter 2. Another Leader Enters The Scene

The Lion's Pride

Melody looked up surprised when the intercom went off alerting them someone was at the door.

Crossing over her eyes widened in delight when she saw who it was. Rushing to the door she flung it open and pounced the man on the other side.

 “Oppa!” she squealed as she launched herself in Rain’s arms. He caught her with a laugh and swung her around before carrying her into the apartment.

“I take it you missed me?” Melody giggled as Rain set her down, and a delighted squeak escaped her when she saw Eunkwang hovering just in the doorway.

“Eunkwangie come here!” She exclaimed going to pull him inside and give him a big hug. “Girls” she called over her shoulder. Turning back she started in surprise when she saw a third man standing outside awkwardly.

Rain realized that he had not come inside and he indicated for him to come in and shut the door.

“Melody-ah I’d like you to meet Doojoon, the leader of Beast.”

Melody nodded shyly, “I’m familiar with Beast. “Fiction” is one of my favorite songs.”

Her next words were interrupted by a resounding chorus of “Oppas!” as the girls came charging out of the bedroom to exchange hugs with Rain, and Eunkwang.

Melody bit back a laugh at the sudden silence when they saw Doojoon.

“These are the other members of 4D, Trina is our vocalist in charge of height.” She said indicating the tallest girl with black hair and white streaks. Trina grinned and bowed in greeting.

“This little cutie is our visual Summer.” The perky blonde with pink streaks waved shyly.

Pointing to the smallest girl with black hair with purple streaks, “And Yhinny is our maknae and rapper.”

“I loved you in G.NA unni’s music video.” Summer said shyly.

Doojoon took another glance at the smaller girl and smiled, he watched with interest as a rosy blush spread across the girls pale cheeks.

 

“What brings you all here?” Melody asked curiously, indicating they should sit on the sofa.

When she went to pass by Rain to sit with the others on the floor he grabbed her wrist and pulled her on his lap.

“Oppa!” she squealed as he started to tickle her.  “Eunkwangie help!”

Eunkwang grinned and shook his head, “Sorry Noona. I won’t win against Hyung.”

Doojoon’s eyes were wide as he took in the scene. “Noona?” He asked confused.

She nodded, “Mm I’m older then you.”

He looked at her in surprise. “You are?”

Her laughter made her seem even younger than he had thought she was. “Ne, I am an 83 liner.”

When his eyes widened in shock the other girls giggled. “Jinjja?” he asked in disbelief.

Slipping off Rain’s lap to sit on the edge of the couch with her legs draped over Rain, she nodded.

Doojoon couldn’t stop his mouth from dropping slightly when he saw Eunkwang and Yhinny playing some odd game with their feet.

Rain watched him with a hooded expression. “I know Melody from years ago, she is a good friend. Things are different in America then how they are here with how friends interact. Although, I don’t think I am helping them get used to how to act when they are here by just doing that to you did I Mel?” He looked at her apologetically.

Melody had the grace to blush. “It was my fault Oppa. I was just excited to see a familiar face and acted without thinking.”

Yhinny paused in her game with Eunkwang. “But…Unni…when we are in our home it is okay right?”

 

Rain shook his head smiling, he admired the girl’s spunk. Answering for Melody he assured her he was fine with them continuing with their close friendships when they were alone.

Realizing he had never answered Melody’s question earlier he told her they had come to help them go shopping for stuff for the apartment.

At her sigh of relief he smiled knowingly. “I thought you would appreciate it. There is a place not far from here where we can do and not be disturbed.”

Doojoon nodded, “My dongsaeng Dongwoon-ah will meet us there.”

Melody’s eyes flew up to watch Summer. At the small gasp that escaped her Melody shook her head slightly. This was going to make for an interesting night.  Beast was Summer’s favorite group and Dongwoon her ultimate bias.

Seeing Rain looking at her curiously she indicated she would tell him later.

“Well if everyone is ready, we have a van ready to take us to the store.” Rain said as he stood and herded everyone to the door.

Even though there had been a small crowd of fans that had greeted 4D at the airport when they had arrived several days before they felt they did not need to try to disguise themselves. Rain smiled as he pushed his sunglasses up, he hadn’t realized how much he was looking forward to this usually mundane task…