Chapter 15. A Managers Regret

The Lion's Pride

4D’s manager Minjae’s mouth dropped as he stared at their fan run website.

“We humbly ask all Pride members to join us for a meet up this weekend.  The admins have decided to do a group project to show our beloved 4D and VIXX members how much we love and support them as one. We want to find a way to convince the two companies to let them see one another.”

Underneath the message was the time and location.

With a muttered curse he shut down the computer to go speak to his boss.

As he strode down the hall part of him shook thinking this could be the end of the girls he had grown very fond of.

Even though they were still learning the customs and ways of the culture over here he was captured by their sweetness.

The three younger ones he easily treated as little sisters. Yhinny was the youngest but with her fiery spirit she was the one he worried about the least. Her sassiness constantly warred with her need to show respect to those older but he noticed she seemed to have picked up some of the traits of the “evil” maknaes from other groups.

Secretly he approved of the match with Ravi as he seemed to help calm her and he was teaching her a lot to help improve her music.

Summer with her bubbly personality and sweet face easily stood out as the visual of the group, even though she didn’t look Asian at all. It had been no small shock to all of the staff to learn her grandmother had been Japanese.

Trina with her seemingly cool personality had been a welcome surprise when she got comfortable enough to be herself around him, and he learned she had quirky sense of humor hidden behind that droll smile.

Then his thoughts circled back to the one who was the root of the problem… Melody.

Ironically she was only a few years younger than him, and even though he was her manager he had to keep reminding himself of that fact.

She was pretty but by no means beautiful, yet those who met her, both male and female fell under her spell.

He tried to remember what his life had been like managing the trainees before 4D came to South Korea but every time he tried all he could see was Melody’s beaming smile as she sang, and the pure joy that radiated off her when she danced.

Minjae had never known anyone who loved it as much as she did, even when her knee was causing her agony, she still danced with joy. He had asked her once about it.

“Oppa…the pain reminds me that I can still do it. I just have to want it enough to dance through it. After the accident…” Melody’s eyes had grown darker with shadows from the memories as she rubbed her knee. “After the accident when they told me I would never dance again…I felt like my world had ended. I would rather dance every day in pain then never dance again.”

Her honesty and genuine joy for life and people endeared her to all who met her, which made his chest feel like there was an elephant on it as he walked into his boss’s office. 4D had been warned after the pictures with fans had surfaced on the internet. Pictures that were proof Melody had broken her word about ending things with the young man from VIXX.

The regret was evident in his voice as he started to speak.

“Sir, I have just learned about a fan gathering hosted by the biggest 4D run fansite.”

 

 

Across the city a scream of pure rage erupted from the woman looking at the same posting.

“I’ll not have it! She can NOT have my Taekwoon! How dare she come to my country and try and take my man away from me!” She raged as she prowled the empty room.

Her decision made she quickly made the deals to sell the rest of the cell phones she had stolen. She would need the money for what she was planning…