Chapter 5. Vixx's Gifts

The Lion's Pride

 

The members of VIXX were coming out of the practice room when they saw Rain.

“Sunbae!” N exclaimed in surprise.

The others looked up thinking it was In Guk and were pleasantly surprised.

Taekwoon hurried forward, “Hello Hyung.”

Ji Hoon grinned as he greeted them and watched Taekwoon with a knowing expression.

After exchanging pleasantries he told them that regretfully he could not stay.

“I have gifts for you though.”

N tripped his head to the side in confusion. “For us?”

“They are special gifts from some fans of yours.” He said knowingly.

While the others looked at Ji Hoon in confusion, Taekwoon reached for the box that he was holding.

Relinquishing it he smiled at Taekwoon. “She was up half the night making them and made me promise to bring them right over.”

Taekwoon nodded, he wanted to ask so many questions but he knew that Ji Hoon had to leave so he settled for the one he was most concerned over.

“How is she living here?”

Placing a hand on the younger man’s shoulder, Ji Hoon smiled. “She is doing okay. They all get along well with the other CUBE artists and the BTOB members are watching out for them.”

He saw Ravi and the others watching him. “They are all doing well. It is a difficult adjustment but their friends and I are helping them.”

After glancing at his watch he saw he was going to be late for his date with Angel so he bid them all goodbye and hurried out.

 

“Do we want to wait until we get home to see what is in the box, or go back into the practice room?” N asked curiously.

A chorus of practice room met his question and they all hurried back into the room.

Taekwoon opened the box carefully, unsure of what was inside.

Taking a long package from Trina addressed to Ken, he handed it to him.

There was a cap shaped one for Ravi from Yhinny, and a small square-ish one for Hongbin from Summer.

Two small packages were addressed to N and Hyuk from Melody and there were three round containers also in the box.

Attached to one of the containers were little cards for each member.

Lifting out one of the containers he saw one more package that had been underneath it.

He felt the tight band around his heart ease when he saw his name in Melody’s handwriting.

“Cookies!” Hyuk yelled in excitement as he opened one of the tins. “Hyung this one has your name.” He said handing one to Hongbin that sure enough had his name written on it in icing.

Shifting through Hyuk handed each of them a cookie with their names.

Opening another tin N’s eyes widened. “More cookies! But these ones are different.

The third one also contained another type of cookie and something that brought delight. “Is that brownies?”

 

Setting the cookie with his name to the side Taekwoon his fingers over Melody’s name.

Ken drew his attention when he burst out laughing and he looked up to see what was going on.

In his hand was a fly swatter. Taekwoon looked at him puzzled; he didn’t understand why Trina had given him such an odd gift.

Hongbin reached over and took it from him when Ken started making his mosquito sound. There was obvious enjoyment in his face when he wacked ken’s arm with the swatter.

Holding onto his gift Taekwoon decided to wait and watch the others open theirs.

Hyuk has received a bunch of magnets from different places in America, and Summer had given Hongbin a little plushie camera.

Yhinny’s present to Ravi was a black snapback with the word “Ravish” in white. Ravi immediately put it on with a big smile on his face.

Hearing a startled sound from N, he looked over to see an odd expression on his face.

“What is it?”

N shook his head and smiled as he held up a handkerchief. “She put my initials on them.”

Carefully opening his own gift, he saw it was a type of journal with the picture of a lion and a lioness on the cover.

He stood abruptly and left the room. Looking after him concerned N reached over and picked up the book he had been looking at.

Opening it he saw writing on the inside cover.

“From the moment I saw you I loved you. Use this book to write the beautiful music I know you can. Perhaps one day we will be able to sing a song you write together.

My heart is always with you. Saranghae Taekwoon.”

Placing the book down gently N felt a prick to his heart at the love she had for Leo.

Getting to his feet he went in search of his friend, who he had a feeling was in rough shape…