Chapter 18- The Little Fan's Guilt

The Lion's Pride

Melody came out of the store and almost bumped into a young girl.

Bowing she apologized and as she got a good look she was surprised to see her young fan Ji-hyo.

“Well hello little one, this is a surprise. How are you?”

Melody frowned at the sad look on the younger girl’s face. “What is wrong little one?”

“Unni… are you and oppa really over?” Ji-hyo’s voice trembled and Melody was shocked to see tears in her eyes.

Drawing the girl off to the side she knelt down before her, “Och little one, things are complicated right now between me and your oppa.”

Ji-hyo started to speak and choked on the words before the tears spilled over, “It’s our fault isn’t it Unni? We ruined it for you.”

“Ji-hyo-ah, why would you think that?” She asked shocked.

“A friend who knows someone at Unni’’s company said CEO ahjussi doesn’t want you with Taekwoon Oppa, he wants you with Eunkwang oppa and because of the pictures of us with you he found out you two were dating.” Ji-hyo started crying harder and Melody wrapped her arms around her.

“Ssh little one, it’s okay. It’s not your fault at all sweetie. Right now Unni and Oppa just cannot be together. I promise it is not because of anything you did.”

Tipping the young girl’s chin to look up at her Melody smiled sweetly. “No more tears Ji-hyo-ah.”

Sniffing Ji-hyo tried to control her tears.

Smiling Melody hugged her. “Good girl. Unni has to hurry back to the studio but I will see you soon.”  Patting her cheek Melody winked before she hurried back towards the studio where the others would be waiting.

 

When she turned a corner and was out of sight she leaned against the wall and felt her heart clench as she thought of Ji-hyo’s words.

‘… he wants you with Eunkwang oppa…’

Surely that couldn’t be why the CEO had been so insistent about her and Taekwoon ending things?

It had been just over a month since she and Taekwoon had publicly ended their relationship in front of Rain but secretly they still spoke. She knew she was taking a terrible chance but she could not let him go. She loved him too much.

Messages from him were few and far between but they knew this time they had to be very careful not to get caught.

4D’s debut was looming on the horizon and their tentative debut date had been set for next month.

Their schedule was packed until then with rehearsals and photo shoots.

In just a few days they would start filming for their debut mv and the Cube family singers had been spending time with them to help them prepare for what they would experience.

Eunkwang’s smiling face flashed before her eyes and she shook her head.

Whatever the CEO’s plans were there was no way her beloved Eunkwangie was part of them. He was her friend, her confidant, the only one who knew the truth behind her and Taekwoon’s breakup.

Pushing away from the wall she hurried down the street.

No, there was no way he would betray her like that.

In a rush she didn’t notice the shadow that detached itself from one of the door ways.

 

The hatred radiated off the person’s body as they watched Melody enter her company building.

“Your time here is almost up Melody-ya. You never should have messed with me or my Oppa. I will make you sorry you ever did.” …