Chapter 13. The Lion's Kiss

The Lion's Pride

 

Melody and Angel locked the car and headed towards the door to go up to the dorm, each laden with packages from a day of shopping.

The two best friends had enjoyed a day spent together away from everyone else but now were eager to show the others the treasures they had found.

A few steps away from the door an arm reached out to grab Melody around the waist and haul her towards them.

Startled a scream escaped her lips at the same time a familiar scent washed over her.

Before she even had time to process what that meant a pair of lips crushed against her own. For one brief moment her eyes met ones that were filled with different emotions, before her eyes closed and she dropped the packages she was holding.

Her arms rose on their own accord to wrap around the man’s neck as he lifted her in his arms, and her shaking fingers tunneled through his hair.

A quiet moan escaped her as her lips parted allowing his tongue to plunder the inside. Savagely he laid claim to , his passion inflaming her own. She was only vaguely aware of her back being pushed against the wall as her legs wrapped around his waist. Gradually the kiss gentled and tenderness replaced the fiery desire, his teeth nipped and lightly at her lower lip that had become swollen under his fierce assault.

Slowly her chocolate eyes opened, slumberous with desire, her voice a breathless whisper as she spoke, “Mita cante…”

A small smile tilted the corner of his lips. She had spoken without thinking and spoke neither English or Korean but instead in Lakota, a language he did not know, but he did know the meaning of those words. Once before she had murmured them to him as she fell asleep in his arms.

My heart…

He knew then then beyond a doubt that she still loved him.

Gently he set her on her feet and held her in his arms. Trembling arms slid around his waist as she buried her face in his chest, small sobs shaking her body as she wept.

The little sounds she made tore at his heart and he murmured soft words to her, knowing she probably did not understand them but needing to tell her how sorry he was. To tell her he loved her and he would not let anyone keep them apart anymore.

A louder cry broke them apart to see Yhinny racing into Ravi’s arms, practically bowling him over as she clung to him almost like how Melody had clung to Taekwoon only moments before.

Seeing the two younger ones embracing brought Melody fully to her senses and she looked at Taekwoon with a thousand questions in her eyes.

Before she could voice even one of them she heard voices and looked over to see a group of fans taking pictures.

Her eyes widened with panic and she hurried over to separate Yhinny and Ravi.

Herding them towards the door she grabbed Angel and looked over her shoulder to see Taekwoon walking towards the fans.

“Taekwoon.” She breathed softly not understanding what he was doing.

As if he heard her he turned, looking straight at her he stopped and beckoned her towards him.

Turning back to the door she saw Yhinny’s fearful face, Ravi’s frustrated one, and Angel merely looked curious.

“Stay here.” She said through lips almost frozen with fear.

On shaking legs she walked towards where Taekwoon waited patiently for her.

When she was only a couple steps away he held out his hand and trustingly she put her trembling one in it.

The two of them walked toward the group of girls that were standing there confused.

It was evident from their expressions they had never had an idol walk purposely towards them like they were doing, and they didn’t seem to know what to do about the situation.

Reaching them Taekwoon pulled Melody closer to him as he bowed and greeted the fans.

“Annyeong haseyo.”…