Chapter 11. Rain's Wait

The Lion's Pride

 

She shivered slightly in fear as she watched Rain pace back and forth checking his watch.

Yet though she was feared his temper, she felt a thrill tingle through her as she started walking.  Never in a million years would she have thought she would have had this opportunity. Her head down she hurried forward, she had not gone far before she bumped hard into someone.

Stuttering out an apology she glanced quickly up at Rain’s face before dropping to her knees to gather the items that had spilled from her purse.

She heard his soft laughter as his hands reached to help her.

“This is a lot of phones for one girl.” He said as he handed her two.

Gasping she grabbed them from his hand and stuffed them in her bag before rushing away.

What an idiot. She berated herself as she ran away. She should have left VIXX’s phones at home but she was afraid her parents or brother might find them. She had overheard them talking about her the other night and that she was getting too old to be spending so much time and money on a boy band when she was now an adult.

As if I would give up Leo, she thought with a laugh.

 

Rain watched the girl hurry off as he absently rubbed his shoulder. For such a small thing she had hit him with the force of a small train.

Glancing down he saw a phone on the ground and reached down to pick it up. Realizing it must have been another one of her’s he looked back up to call out to her but after scanning the area he realized she was nowhere to be seen.

Putting it in his pocket he glanced at his watch again and felt his earlier impatience return.

 

He had half a mind to box N’s ears the next time he saw him.  Melody would be upset if she found out he had messaged N but at this point Rain really didn’t care.

If anyone else had told him those boys were really like this he wouldn’t have believed them, but watching the 4D girls the last few weeks trying to hide their feelings he had reached the point he felt he needed to step in.

 

While he was annoyed with all of the members for their general disregard of the girl’s feelings he found he was beyond disappointed with Taekwoon.

He had become fond of the quite boy and even though Angel did not feel he was right for Melody, Rain disagreed.

There had seemed to be something very special between the two of them and he had originally planned on speaking with their companies on their behalf.

Seeing the sadness that would steal over Melody’s face when she thought no one was watching had made him rethink that idea and he had found himself agreeing with Angel lately that perhaps Eunkwang was the better choice for Melody.

Eunkwang was a good lad and although he had a goofy side it complimented with Melody’s playful personality and helped the two of them balance the tough line they had to walk as leaders of their groups.

Not to mention with the two of the being through the same company it would make things easier in the long run.

Even more so since it seemed they still were encouraging the two groups to interact and spend more time together. When it first started happening the media has speculated on the destruction of the newly debuted group and that the backlash would affect BTOB but in a surprising twist that had shocked everyone, the fans not only were okay with it…but they wanted more!

Several fan sites for both groups had even started petition’s requesting to have a joint 4D and BTOB concert.

He had heard that there was also one going around requesting concerts with those two groups and VIXX.

 

Shaking his head to clear his thoughts he looked around once more and a fierce glare spread across his face as he stalked back to his car.

He had had enough and was going to find out what was going on and he wasn’t going to wait anymore.

Putting the car in gear his foot was slightly heavy on the gas as he sped towards their company, the phone in his pocket completely forgotten…