Chapter 20. Best Friends...

The Lion's Pride

Melody closed the door and sighed loudly, once again their debut had been pushed back another month. She understood things didn’t always happen as planned but at least knowing why would have made things easier. Instead she just kept being told something had come up and it wouldn’t be much longer.

The delay had given the members more time to practice and get ready for which she was glad. She wanted them to debut at the top of their game.

The grueling practices were testing her limit for her leg but she kept telling herself that after their debut they would have time to rest a little.

She picked up the copy of their debut song and went over to the piano, but it was not that song that she started to sing.

“In the light of day, I’m no different than anyone else. But I have a secret that no one knows. It’s a secret I’ve hidden well, one I dare not even tell. That when the sun goes down, everything changes, when the night is in shadows, I return to you.”

 

The sorrow in her voice made the song even sadder and as Eunkwang stepped up behind her, he felt his heart ache at her pain.

The last few months they had spent much time together as a “couple” and even though the relationship was not real the friendship they had had only grown stronger.

Never in his life had he met anyone like his precious noona and he knew he never would.

Since that day in the practice room Melody had only shown smiles to everyone except him. It was only when they were together and alone that she dared let down her act and let her true feelings show.

Though they were almost inseparable he knew there was still some little secret she was keeping from him, and he had to admit it was killing him not to know.

He knew Melody trusted him more than anyone else so he couldn’t help but wonder what the secret was that she would not speak about.

 

As her voice trailed off she felt familiar hands on her shoulders and Melody leaned back gratefully to feel Eunkwang’s hands gently massage her neck.

“Mmm Eunkwanie, that feels wonderful.”

She felt more than heard his soft rumble of laughter and her own eyes crinkled up at the corners.

Turning around she looked at her best friend.

“The debut has been pushed back again.”

Eunkwang looked at her in surprise. “Again? But why?”

She shrugged, “No idea and they won’t tell me.”

He frowned in confusion but then his eyes lit up. “If you are done for today than noona let us go get some yummy food.”

Melody laughed, his mind was always on food.

Standing up slowly she braced herself for a moment. Lately she had been fighting waves of dizziness and nausea. She saw Eunkwang looking at her concerned and she waved him off.

“I’m fine Sweetling, I just haven’t been feeling well lately.”

Eunkwang refused to move away from her until she promised him she would see a doctor soon.

As they headed out the door she shook her head carefully as she laughed, Eunkwang was getting as bad as she was about mothering people.

Still her mind had latched on to that thought and would not let go.

Could it be?...

 

******************************************Author's Note**************************************

I'm so sorry it's been so long since I updated.