Chapter 4. The Gift

The Lion's Pride

Chapter 4

 

Rain pulled the SUV into the underground parking for the building tenants where the girls lived.

He and Doojoon each took an end of what would be a bookcase after it was put together.

The girls loaded Eunkwang up with packages like he told them too and they all couldn’t help but giggle as he staggered to the elevator.

Picking up more of the bags the girls locked the vehicle and started towards the stairs planning on getting a little exercise. Melody groaned as she realized she had forgotten her purse.

“You girls go ahead, I’ll be right up.”

 

Juggling the bags she unlocked the door and reached in for her purse.

Hearing the faint sound of her Kakaotalk alert going off she dug through her purse looking for her phone.

Seeing the message a shaky laugh escaped her as she shook her head.

“1433” she typed back to Taekwoon.

Putting her phone back in her purse she closed it and shifted the bags in her hands as she stepped back.

She let out a yelp as she bumped into something and stumbled.

Feeling someone’s hands grab her she looked up to see a familiar face with a mischievous smile.

“Hey Noona, can I help?”

“But of course.” Without a second thought she dumped all her bags into Peniel’s waiting hands.

“Did you just get here?” 

“A couple minutes before you all did. Ilhoon-ah and Hyunsik hyung are upstairs helping the others.”

 

“No, here we are.” Melody looked up and smiled as she saw the boys in question.

“Anything we can help with?” Hyunsik asked with a big smile.

Melody grinned and crooked her finger as she walked to the back of the vehicle.

“Whoa…noona likes to shop.” Ilhoon said with a low whistle.

Giving him a side eyed look she started loading them up too, when she was done all she was left with needing to carry was her purse and a lone bag of feminine products.

She had seen the look the two had exchanged when they got a peek of what was in the bag and had taken pity on them.

 

The four of them were laughing as they reached her apartment door and walked in.

“Oppa!” Yhinny squealed as she lept of the couch and tackled him.

Ilhoon grumbled something under his breath and Melody looked at him curiously.

“He said she wasn’t that excited to see him.” Eunkwang said as he came up beside Mel.

“Yhinny has always been our most…enthusiastic member.” Mel said with a laugh.

“I have something for you.” Eunkwang said as he took her hand and led her to her bedroom.

“For me?” She asked confused as she went along willingly with a giggle.

 

Hyunsik watched the two go and a smile lit his face. “They pair well together.”

He said to Trina who was standing next to him.

“They do look good together; they are very similar personality wise.”

Before opening the bedroom door Eunkwang made Melody close her eyes and led her into the bedroom.

Holding her hand he inched her forward before telling her she could stop and open her eyes.

With a grin she opened her eyes and gasped.

On her bed were the turquoise blanket and a matching pillow. Rushing forward she clutched the pillow in her arms and gently touched the blanket.

Turning she saw Eunkwang was right behind her and she startled him as she threw her arms around him.

“Oh Eunkwangie, thank you, thank you so much! How on Earth did you know?”

He grinned, “I have my ways. I am glad you like them noona.”

 

Several hours later the men had left and Melody fell back on her bed exhausted.

Picking up the pillow Eunkwang had given her she held it above her and then brought it down to snuggle and caress its softness.

She fell asleep with a smile on her lips, her head on the pillow, and the blanket wrapped around her…