Back in the Lab

Project X: The Failed Experiment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He frowned at the 6 bodies lying motionless on identical cots infront of him. 

"Only 6?"

The man beside him sighed. 

"Well, we are short on people. We'll get the others by tomorrow. They've already been targeted,"

The man nodded at the information.

Meanwhile, the other was still uncomfortable with the whole situation.

"Max, are you sure this is going to work?" he asked his partner

"I saw it with my own eyes, David, I'm positive," he walked away, examining the extent of the damage to their bodies.

Still unsatisfied with that answer, he pressed on, "That was sixteen years ago, you could have just messed up and accidentally switched the poison."

Max shook his head, "No, they definitely died, I watched it happen before my own eyes,"

He thought back to that fateful day sixteen years ago, where the setting had been similar. Twelve bodies instead of six hooked up to multiple machines calculating heart rate and body functions. He saw the poison drip into their IV tubes and enter their bodies. One by one, the machines stopped beeping. 

He looked at the machines now, hooked up to the bodies of the 6 grown test subjects. The screen showed a straight line, not picking up any signs of life. 

David shook his head as he watched his friend zone out. He knew what he was thinking. 

He glanced at the bodies lying before him, all carrying multiple injuries that he himself had some part in doing. They were mostly covered with the white sheets leaving their heads and chests exposed. 

There was something wrong with the whole idea of killing someone just to steal their bodies

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter