Pests

Project X: The Failed Experiment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Xiumin was sitting up when the doctor walked into his room. 

"Oh, you're finally awake? Excellent." 

The doctor made his way over to the bedside and picked up his clipboard. 

"I'm Doctor Kard. I've been watching over you for the past little while,"

Xiumin nodded, "Xiumin, Kim Xiumin," he introduced himself

"And how do you feel, Kim Xiumin?" 

Xiumin shrugged, "Alright I guess," he replied quietly.

He looked up at the doctor with his almond shaped eyes, "Where am I?"

"Hospital," the doctor replied curtly, then paused to consider, "What is that last thing you remember happening?"

The boy thought for a moment, "Snow. I was outside," he recalled, "There was a power outage, and an explosion, so I went outside to check it out. Then, the snow blocked my way in, and before I could get back inside, and..." his face scrunched up, "...I don't remember after that..."

The doctor nodded and marked it down. 

"What happened?" Xiumin asked, voice small

The doctor sighed, feinting sympathy, "There was an avalanche, right by your cottage. You appeared to be outside at the time, and was buried under the snow."

He stared at the doctor dumbstruck, "Avalanche? Are you sure? That shouldn't be possible."

The doctor nodded, "We had to dig you out of the snow,"

"But...that physically isn't possible. There is a small hill behind my cottage, yes, but there isn't enough snow there to reach my cottage and possibly bury the cottage..."

The doctor shrugged uncaringly, "That's what happened," he informed nonchalantly, "anyways, I have some questions for you,"

____________________________________________________

The doctor walked out of the room a little later, leaving a sleeping Xiumin in his bed.

He had injected a sedative into his IV tube. Slightly out of curiousity, because he wanted to see if the drugs would have any effect on him, and so he could get himself a blood sample.

So far, out of all the conscious subjects that he had encountered, Number 99 was the most bearable. 

He pulled a small blood tube

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter