Punishment

Project X: The Failed Experiment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

12 days.

That's how long it took them all to wake up.

Every subject excluding Number 10 had regained consciousness within two days. For some odd reason, Number 10 had managed to wake up before the rest of them. That was something he would have to look into.

It was Number 68 that woke up last, screaming when he woke up, and when someone walked in through the doors. The boy was terrified of everything and it was extremely annoying.

Whatever, now he had a punishment to inflict. 

__________________________________________________________

Chanyeol groggily pulled himself up into a sitting positon. Blinking the sleep from his eyes, he took a look around.

For a moment, confusion took over him. Why was everything white? Then he remembered.

Right. Hospital. Doctor dude. Something about a fire.

He had woken up yesterday to see an old man staring at him as he slept. Of course, he had freaked out and made a big fuss about everything until the doctor explained everything through clenched teeth. 

Someone had found him in the forest. Apparently there was a fire. He was lucky to survive. He remembered the explosion and the heat, and he found it odd that he was completely unscathed. He was sort of freaked out by this entire thing to be honest.

The Doctor man, who's name he had instantly forgotten after he said it, had asked him a bunch of random questions and then proceeded to inject him with a needle that made him feel very sleepy. Being awake now, he had the mind to be offended by it. The doctor had just grabbed his arm and stabbed him with the damn thing. 

He wasn't in pain or felt bad at all so he saw no reason to be put under again. 

Making an annoyed humph sound he got up and went to the door. 

Except he stopped when he saw what he was wearing.

He noticed the jumpsuit for the first time as the blanket fell away from his body. 

It was nearly skin tight, fitting him perfectly which was odd because of his height and odd porportions. The collar was tight and slightly uncomfortable, and it was the same around his wrists and ankles. He also noticed that he was barefoot. 

What was more weird was the fact that he was also covered in plastic. It crinkled with his every movement.

Was he dressed like this the last time he woke up too? He must have been freaking out too much to have noticed. 

Pondering that, he went to the door. He wanted to know where the hell he was and when he could leave. If they found out that he was a runaway foster, they'd throw him back at the athorities and he'd be stuck in that same hell hole that he had finally escaped from before that damn forest fire explosion. 

He twisted the handle and pushed against the door. Nothing happened. Frowning to himself, and feeling slightly embarassed, he pulled the handle. Still, it didn't budge. 

What the hell...?

So, he wasn't completely incompetent when it came to opening doors, but why wasn't this one opening.

He pushed and pulled with all his might, but it seemed like the door was glued shut. 

He was locked in.

He banged on the door. Maybe a nurse was outside and they would hear him. 

"Hey!" he screamed, pushing uselessly against the door again. 

Silence answered him.

He cursed, stepping back panting. There were no windows in this place. Not even a noticable vent he could escape from. 

"Hello? Anyone there?" he yelled again, trying to hear some kind of responce over the pounding of his heart.

Still nothing. 

He pulled his hand through his hair, which was longer and shaggier than he remembered. 

Okay, he thought, there was a doctor and he came to visit me. So he knows I'm here. That means he'll come back. And he'll know I'm stuck here.... 

He planned to give the doctor a mouthful of what he thought of this stupid hospital when he came in but the only thing he could do now was wait.

So, he plopped himself back on the bed, with a good postion to watch the door and waited.

They came for him a little while later.

He was dozing off after staring at the same white wall for hours, when the sudden sound of stomping feet jolted him awake. 

He stared at the door. Were they coming to get him out? Or was that the authorities. Suddenly, a thought popped to mind that made his blood run cold.

Did they figure out who he was and ratted on him? Maybe that's why they trapped him here. 

That thought made him angry and terrified at the same time. 

He prayed that it was just some stupid door problem and that they were coming to fix it. But when the door opened it clearly wasn't that.

Two men, dressed head to toe in black security outfits marched in and yanked him back on to his feet.

He let out a startled "Hey," as they grabbed him by the arms and dragged him out of his room and down an unfamiliar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter