☼ eight pt. one

Candy Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun was practicing her life away, they had an important event coming up and she didn’t want to mess up. She was a perfectionist at best. Her steps were always so close to perfect but something was always wrong in her mind. Momo had to come over after ten minutes and stop the girl, she had been practicing for an hour longer than the others who took breaks to preserve their energy for the plans they had within the day, as the group made more music, they became popular, it felt like a lot to uphold, JYP put all his time into them so each felt like they had to keep up all their hard work and prove to him and everyone else that they could achieve it and that girls can be amazing and powerful just like the males within Korean pop music.

“Dahyun, you look perfect, stop worrying so much.” She was a vocalist but still felt like she needed to prove otherwise, she wanted to be a golden member, it was nice getting those types of compliments from people and her own members, Dahyun never settled for less.

“Thank you but we don’t want to mess up; you know how people are towards us.” She sighed softly taking the water bottle that was being handed to her, taking a large drink and setting it down next to her feet where she soon sat. “It’s like people love us but hate us at the same time.”

“That may be true but as long as our fans are happy that is all that matters, in life we can’t please everyone.” Nayeon sat next to her younger member, patting her back gently before rubbing it and handing her back the water bottle. “Drink more and relax.”

Dahyun was given permission to relax as everyone else practiced more, she kept sneaking into group formations but was forced to sit down at least until the second practice with singing, people always judged them based on that, singing while dancing was extremely hard and with some groups they would set the bar so high and everyone below would get ridiculed and would be forced to meet the standards or go beyond them. These realizations really upset Dahyun which is why she would end up going so try hard during the practices.

“You know one thing I love but hate to hear...” Dahyun stood up placing her phone next to her jacket on the floor while getting into formation with the other girls who looked over in curiosity. “It is very nice people think we are beautiful but we have more to us than that.” Everyone turned around thinking of the statement, of course their fans found them to be amazing but others would criticize from one small mistake, it was truly unfair. They practiced their hearts out after the motivation, well somewhat motivation from the small talk they had with Dahyun. They didn’t want to be mediocre.

“Good job girls, I’ll see you all tomorrow, don’t be bummed out, you are all amazing.” Their choreographer was a female, she made sure they knew their worth and how amazing they were, sometimes being a female in the industry was hard and she realized that.

“Lia Kim is seriously awesome, she’s my new goals.” Jihyo smiled widely and began picking up her things as everyone else did the same. They were all heading home to shower and prepare for the rest of the day, they had their whole day planned and so far the schedule seemed to be easily followed.

Dahyun couldn’t keep her head up. She was so sleepy, so much dancing and so little sleep from the night before. “Hey!” Her head quickly snapped up, her eyes wide from the small scare she received. “Sleepy?” Nayeon smiled playfully and pinched her squishy cheeks the action producing a wider smile from her.

“Ah…not my cheeks Nayeon!” She whined and frowned holding her arms simply letting her play with them, she was not that upset and liked to see her members smiling, Dahyun wasn’t one to get irritated quickly. “Are you done now?” Nayeon nodded, pinching her cheeks once more before leaving to the other girls, her happy attitude somewhat rubbing off on her.

---

“What should we eat today?” Dahyun questioned as she scrolled through her phone, looking at different menus. “I’m thinking pizza.”

“Pizza?” Jihyo sighed then laughed at the mention of pizza, they had it last time and the time before that. “What is your obsession with pizza Dahyun?”

“I don’t know, it’s just good and simple.” She smiled widely and shrugged once more but decided to stop calling pizza every time they could choose what to eat. “Okay let’s actually get something delicious, soon we will be eating salads only, comeback diet fun time.” She grinned, sarcasm heavy in her tone. “I think that’s a good idea.” Her left hand meeting her right as she high-fived herself causing the others to laugh at her antics, they were happy she was happy now.

“Yes I do agree with your food choice for once. Should we get steak?”

“I don’t know, I think a simple Korean meal would be nice.” The others nodded quickly thinking of a nice home cooked meal, but they were pretty far from their mothers at this point and didn’t want to suddenly ask them to cook for them. “Maybe a restaurant would suffice.” Jeongyeon picked up her phone, turning on the internet and began looking up a restaurant that will have what they want at the best quality.

“Here.” She leaned forward and handed the phone to their manager who typed in the address to his gps.

“Do you all agree on this?” He looked back as they stopped at the red light.

“Yes!” They all screamed in unison causing him to flinch.

“Okay…” He chuckled and turned around rubbing his right ear praying he didn’t go deaf in it.

The girls were all doing their own thing, either watching videos on their phone, texting friends or family, and other activities to pass the time. Their location was far in comparison to their studio where they practiced that day. Dahyun’s head was back against the head rest, she didn’t want to keep looking at her phone but she was really bored, she talked to her parents the night before and didn’t want to harass them again with her talkative nature. “Who to call, who to text?”

Sana looked at her friend, noticing she was talking to herself and peeked down at her phone. “What are you doing?”

“Trying to figure out who to text.”

“Hansol.” D

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter