☼ one

Candy Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The night was getting darker, the time almost midnight as the hip-hop unit sat together in the recording studio backs against the wall finishing up their pieces of a song they worked on. All parts split up.

“Are you finished?” Vernon placed the cap of his pen back on before peeking at the pages of everyone else, scribbles filled the white paper. “We should start using pencils.”

“The effect isn’t the same.” Seungcheol chuckled and folded his paper gently getting it out of Vernon’s viewpoint nodding his head towards the younger’s paper. “Look at yours.”

“Dude, mine is neat!”

“We should all stick to the computer,” Seungcheol smiled and looked at Wonwoo and Mingyu. “I think they are done.” His eyes wandered the paper of the two younger guys while they folded their papers following in the steps of their older friend. “Focus on yours.” Seungcheol laughed along with Vernon as everyone placed their papers in front of themselves, deciding to take the person next to them so they can edit the verses written down.

They all followed the verses with their pens thinking about them if they would make sense in combination with their own.

“Can I write on this?”

Hansol’s pen marked the page in the corner, small so the marks weren’t too big on the page. He mumbled through the lyrics and placed his verses inside here and there checking the flux. His mind wrapped around the lyrics grinning only slightly at the concept behind them.

“What? Are you in love?” Hansol nudged Seungcheol as he chuckled. “This is pretty deep.” He looked and read some of the lines aloud.
 

“Yah! Chill!” He pushed Hansol back and chuckled along with his friend while he folded the paper and checked the time. “Let’s do this another time. It’s almost one a.m.” He stood up and stretched opening the door for the others who sat inside with him. Wonwoo and Mingyu followed after looking back at Vernon who sat, legs crossed continuing his analyzing of the work he had in front of him.

“Are you coming?” Vernon looked up at and shook his head waving them away.

“No, I’ll be out in a few minutes, just go on.” Mingyu looked at him confused.

“We take the same car.” Vernon nodded slowly not really paying attention, his focus primarily on the music in front of him. He was the main one who made the raps; he was kind of like the leader but not really. He promised to always work hard on his rapping and that is exactly what he planned on doing.

“I’ll just take the bus home then or call my parents or something.” He looked up and smiled nodding his head towards the door. “Don’t worry about me. I’m 18 years old, I’ll be fine.” He put his focus back on the music again humming possibly melodies to the background. It could be an upbeat song with a fast tempo or an R&B song, with a slow tempo. His mind filled with possibilities as he pulled out his phone playing on the music app adding sounds here and there.

“He’s too focused.” Wonwoo looked at his two other members before locking the door of the recording studio and leading them out as they entered the managers car who they called beforehand to pick them up. Vernon looked up once hearing the door close and went back to the music.

These lyrics are too deep…is it that serious?

He scrunched up his eyebrows deep in thought as to why these lyrics are the way they are. Sweet memories, what memories? He leaned back against the padded wall, his back started to hurt and now he needed a break to rest his eyes, the ones that read through raps and analyzed.

---

His head slowly lifted up as he thought about the lyrics in his dreams, he was that invested in finding the meaning. He actually didn’t understand anything about it and now he was in the room that had no light pouring in because there were no windows.

“Ah! What time is it?” He picked up his slowly dying phone while checking the phone, noticing the bright display of 6 a.m. Crap

Hansol’s hand immediately went to the messaging app.

Message to Seventeen Bros: Desperate need of a ride

Message from Joshua: We have a schedule today! What happened?!

Message to SB: sleep happened! Tell manager pls

Message from Scoups: We are definitely getting in trouble.

Message from Hoshi: Yup…

Message to SB: I’m sorry but can you tell him real quick, my phones dying.

Message from Jihoon: Okay calling him now.

Hansol’s mind wandered to the trouble they were definitely getting into, all because of some lyrics he could not seem to grasp. Why were they so hard to understand, as a rapper or idol, the best way to make music is to relate. You can’t feel anything without that con

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter