Best Friend

If You Knew

Wonwoo came to the school where Gina went to. Only to pick up Seokmin and Mingyu; and hopefully get more answers about her. He saw both of them coming out of the building and they were both surprised about his arrival.

"Hyung, What are you doing here?" Seokmin asked him surprisingly. 
"Well I'm here to pick up my favorite boys." He said and went in the middle to out his arms around both of them. 
"That's such a lie. Earlier this morning, you just said you wanted to disown us." Mingyu replied. 
"Well that was this morning." He said and kept looking behind him. 
"Alright, who is this girl?" Seokmin asked and went in front of him, with Mingyu following next to him. 
"Do you guys know a girl name Choi Gina?"

Seokmin and Mingyu looked at each other in displeasure.

"No way, you're talking to her?" Mingyu asked him. 
"Well kind of. I don't know, she's so complicated." Wonwoo finished, with both Mingyu and Seokmin saying the last word with him. 
"Well of course its complicated. Its Gina." Seokmin replied. 
"Ok, but why though?"

Seokmin shrugged as Wonwoo looked at him. Then he turned to Mingyu, who shrugged also.

"Maybe you can ask Jae Hee. Thats the only friend she enjoys talking to and she's right there." Mingyu pointed at her as she was standing in front of the school.

Wonwoo ran up to her, and she got a little jumpy when he went in front of her.

"Hi?" She gave him a questionable greeting. 
"Hi Jae Hee. Its come to my intentions that you know Choi Gina?" He asked her. 
"Yes, what about her?" 
"Why is she so complicated."

Jae Hee gave him a disapprovingly look for asking that question.

"Why are you asking this?" 
"Because its hard to figure her out. I'm very determined that she's acting like this for a reason."
"I'd tell you to go away, but you're really determined about this."
"Yes I really am."
"Ok look. Gina and I are like very close friends. I knew her to be so complicated. Honestly I don't know why she's like that. She doesn't like to go in detail about herself. But her attitude kind of has this self motto, like 'if you can't handle it, then don't be friends with her at all'."
"Are you sure she doesn't have a disorder or anything?" 
"If she had a disorder she would be bi polar about everything. She's just a tough one to crack. But I have hope that you could actually find out what's wrong with her. I got to go now. Just please, if she does have an illness or not, help her." Jae Hee told him and walked to her car.

Seokmin and Mingyu came up to him after Jae Hee left.

"So, let's go to the cafe so you could buy us drinks?" Seokmin asked him. 
"Sure, why not?" Wonwoo said.

******

Gina went back to the cafe, only to see her best friend again. She saw him working again so she decided to make small talk again with him.

"Hi best friend!" She said happily to him.

He told her to wait one minute. So she stood there looking at him. He was wiggling his head mask off and there it revealed a the guy  smiling at her.

"So, I'm guessing you're a 95 liner, you actually moved here from America, and you are such a sweet and nice person who felt sort of guilty for not telling me who you really are." 
"All of that is true. I don't believe you've actually met your 'best friend'. I'm Hong Jisoo." He said and put out his bear paw to shake her hand. 
"Choi Gina." She replied and accepted his handshake. 
"You know, my shift is about to end, so maybe we could grab some ice cream, after I'm done with all of this."
"That sounds great. I'll just wait for you right here." 
"You don't want to wait inside?"
"No, in fact don't put the mask on anymore. Let me just take this in that you look like a real-life anime character." She teased. 
"How ironic, but I have to go put this suit back. I'll be right back." He said and walked into the cafe.

Gina was waiting for him until Wonwoo, Mingyu, and Seokmin bumped into her on the way inside.

"Oh Gina, I was just about to text you." Wonwoo told her.
"So you give hyung your number but not us?" Seokmin blurted out. 
"Maybe I just gave you my number but you lost it." She told him.

Seokmin pulled out his phone right away, and scrolled through his contacts to see if she was messing with him.

"Seokmin, don't. She's just confusing you." Wonwoo told him. 
"Apparently that's what I do."

Wonwoo motioned both of them to go inside. They both got the hint and went inside the cafe.

"Gina, look. I spoke with your friend Jae Hee today." 
"I wonder what you guys were talking about." She asked even though she knew exactly that he wanted answers about her.
"I just wanted to ask you, is everything ok?" 
"Yeah everything is ok. Its always been."
"No I'm serious. Like with you. Are you ok? You're not taking any medications or anything?"
"Wonwoo, I'm fine. I mean I told you, I'm regularly like this."

Their conversation got cut off when Jisoo finally got out of the cafe, not wearing his bear suit but being his regular self.

"Hyung, your shift ended already?" Wonwoo asked.
"Yeah it did. You can go-" 
"Yes I'll go inside, nice talking to you Gina, bye." Wonwoo said quickly and ran inside. 
"That was weird. But we should go." Gina told him. 
"Yeah let's go." Jisoo said and they were on their way to the ice cream shop.

******

They came in and Gina was looking at the choices of desserts they made. What caught her attention was the promotion they were doing on banana splits.

"Hey could we get one of those?" She pointed out. 
"Sure, what flavors do you want? It comes with three."
"It doesn't matter. You can choose."
"Plain flavors it is."

They ordered their banana split and Jisoo ended up choosing strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate as his flavors. After getting it, they sat down and started eating.

"So being the person you are, to figure out people easily, why did you not know who I was under the suit?" Jisoo asked her. 
"I don't know, but I was close." 
"Honestly, you were. But then you had to see my face to connect all the pieces."
"Now that I see it, are you sure you didn't come out of anime TV show?" She said poking his cheeks.

He just gave out a laugh.

"I'm sorry, you're just so cute." She said without feeling embarrassed about it. 
"Thanks, you are too." He complimented back. 
"Thanks. I can actually believe it without guys just saying it to talk to me." 
"Wait so why do you have that attitude thing where you confuse everyone?" 
"Am I confusing you right now?" She asked. 
"Actually you're not. But why do you do it with other people." 
"If only you knew then it'd help this conversation much better." 
"Come on. There has to be a reason behind all of this." He said and looked her straight in the eyes which made Gina melt a little, so she looked down.

Inside, Gina wanted to tell him everything. About her lifestyle and the way she likes to confuse people. There was reasoning behind it but she just didn't want people treating her differently.

"You know what. There is a reason behind all of this. But isn't there a reason behind everyone's actions, even if its so little? Like how the reason I'm talking to you is because you seem like you'd understand me more." Gina told him as she looked down, throwing the other topic away.

Jisoo chuckled at the way she let the other topic go.

"Is that true? You really think I understand you more?"
"Yes I do."
"If you think that way about me then you'd be able to talk to me about why you're acting like this." 
"You know, you have a way where I could actually just tell you everything..." Her sentence trailed off. 
"Why don't you tell me everything? Start from the beginning." 
"Just promise me... You won't feel the need to pity me or feel sorry for me. Because that's the last thing I'd want a person do to me." 
"I'm not going to promise anything, but the least I could do is try."

She gave a huge sigh, believing that she would tell him everything that has been going on with her life.

...

A/N: So obvious who it is LOL