Befriending

If You Knew

Gina was at school just being her normal average teen girl. Of course she looked liked one, but did she act like one? It was hard to figure out because her attitude towards people seem to be different to them that they can't point their finger on it. Although it was mostly the guys who couldn't figure her out.

She went to her locker to take out a few stuff, and when she closed it, there it was. Another guy, standing in front of her locker, planning to ask her out.

"Hey Gina." He said to her. 
"Hi Seokmin." She said so plain, without any emotion. 
"So like, I'm just going to be straight forward with it. Do you want to catch a movie with me sometime?" He asked her. 
"Nope." She said straight forward back.

His smile went down to a frown.

"Whoah, whoah, whoah.... Whoah." He said constantly, not believing her answer. 
"What is it?" She asked him. 
"I thought we were kind of into each other."
"Maybe I am? Maybe I'm not? I don't know, you figure it out." She said and walked out.

And there he was left so clueless by her to figure out the feelings she has for him.

*****

Gina was with her friend, Jae Hee after school. They were sitting in front of the school steps waiting for her ride. Gina saw another guy walking up to her, and she knew exactly what was going to happen.

"Hey Gina." He said as he came up to her. 
"Hey Mingyu." She said not so happily. 
"Don't act like you're not happy see me."
"I'm not acting. I'm just regularly like this towards you." 
"Well anyways, there's the fair this Saturday and I was hoping that maybe we could-"

Before she could let him finish his sentence, she stood up and walked away with Jae Hee who stood up behind her. Gina looked back and waved at her goodbye and hopped into the car. Mingyu was left there confused about what had just happened.

"I'm guessing that's a no?" He asked Jae Hee.
"I'm sorry about her. She's a really hard person to figure out."
"I thought she was into me?" He asked confusingly. 
"You should know her by now. She really likes to make guys clueless about her feelings."

*****

Gina decided to go to the cafe downtown in Seoul. She walked by the guy in front of it, wearing a bear costume because it was their mascot. She decided to take a good look the person in the mascot outfit. There he gave her a flier talking about their new strawberry pineapple smoothie.

"Do you like your job?" She asked him very curiously.

Of course all he did was nod his head and didn't say a word.

"Are you an old man?" There she said asking questions.

He shook his head no.

"A high school student?" She asked another question.

Again, he shook his head no, moving the bear head with him.

"I got it now, you're a kpop celebrity who hasn't debuted with his group yet." She took another guess.

The guy in the character suit was really shocked when she heard about who he is, since he's in a bear suit.

"I'm right. Its probably the new group, Seventeen, because you're not old, but you're also not too young. Just graduated about 1-3 years ago right?" She asked him.

He just stood here, not believing what she just said. Yes its true. He was in the new group seventeen but hasn't debuted yet.

"Hmm, I think I know who you are. You're probably from the 95 or 96 line huh?"

Still the guy just stood there looking at her through the suit.

"Well your buddies seem to have a hard time figuring me out. I should get into the cafe now. Nice talk with you. I'm going to talk to you more often." She said, gave a wink at the mascot and walked inside.

Another boy just ran up to the mascot and gave him a bro handshake.

"Hey Hyung, I'll be right back, just let me order something." He said and walked in too.

He stood behind Gina who was waiting to order. She saw him talking to the guy in the bear suit. As he came right behind her, she turned around and looked at him. She was observing him head to toe.

"You're from seventeen too." She blurted out to him. 
"Too? You know more of us, i'm guessing." He replied back. 
"Yeah that guy in the bear suit. He's in your group too. Also you're Jeon Wonwoo, one of the rappers of that group. You think you know everything about a person, just to realize that there was more."
"Woah, you know that from one glance?" 
"One of my specialties." She said and smiled. 
"I bet from looking at you, you're the chill and cool type."
"Hah, at least one part right. But there's more about me to figure out, you just can't."
"Are you serious? Of course we can't figure you out, your attitude is-"
"Confusing?" She finished his sentence. 
"Yeah, like we'd have to spend a lot of time with you just to see what type of person you are."
"Well good luck. I don't think you can manage a girl like me."

While she was done talking to him and ordering her drink, Wonwoo was left in thought. He thought to himself that this girl is really hard to figure out. The way he was talking to her was like does she want to be friends or is she just doing this to lead him on. So many thoughts were racing through his mind about her. He decided that he should follow his instincts.

After she was done getting her drink, he got out of line to walk with her.

"And so he follows me." She said and chuckled.
"I can figure you out. You're just someone acting cool just so you could lead someone on. Or you're interested in me."
"All of that may be right. But then again, you can't really figure me out just by looking at me like what I did to you."
"You know what. I didn't get your name."
"
Choi Gina ."
"Choi Gina . Also the girl that is confusing. You're interesting. I'm going to spend time with you just to figure out your whole personality, other than being chill and cool." 
"Wow, you also don't go down without knowing everyone. You can try. But I don't want you to see you with your hopes down after getting all your answers incorrect."
"No my answers will be correct about you. Just wait. This will take time."
"You're on, Jeon Wonwoo. So this starts a lovely friendship. Trying to find out who I am, or if this is even a friendship." She said trying to throw him off guard about being friends. 
"We are friends. Don't try and confuse me about it."
"I didn't say I was trying to confuse, did I?"
"Well you sound like you are."
"I sound like it, but doesn't mean I'm actually trying to confuse you now, am I?"
"Oh Choi Gina , you are going to be a tough girl to figure out..."

....