Confusing

If You Knew

It was finally the weekend and Gina's phone was getting her phone blown with texts from Wonwoo. He really wanted to hang out with her but she kept ignoring his texts and just got out of bed to get ready for the day.

Gina walked down the stairs very quietly to make sure she didn't wake up her parents. When she went past the living room, she saw that they had been drinking and smoking all night. She nodded her head in displeasure and walked out.

*****

She came into the cafe by herself, still getting text messages from Wonwoo. She looked at all the notifications but her decision was to still not answer. The bear mascot came out of the back and she decided that they need to talk again.

"YAH! Best Friend!" She yelled. 

He still walked out but then she followed him outside.

"Best friend, how are you?" She asked him.

He just stood there and passed a flier. She took it but crumpled it and threw it behind her.

"Come on, I said I wanted to talk to you more."

Still the same bear face looking straight at her.

"Ok you're listening. So like your pal won't stop bothering me." She said as she scrolled through her notifications, showing all the text messages he left.

He looked through the notifications, but still kept staring at her.

"Well since you're staring at me, I guess I'm just going to assume that you're listening. So do you think that its a good idea that im hanging out with him?"

Still the same bear face looking at her.

"Well I-"

Her sentence got cut off when she realized Wonwoo wasn't sending text messages anymore.

"Finally, now I could tell him to meet me here. I'll see you later best friend." She said and walked into the cafe.

She sat down and waited for him to reply. Her phone rang, and it was a reply saying that he would meet her in 5 minutes.

Wonwoo being eager to see her actually came there in 3 minutes. Gina saw him storm in and sit down right in front of her.

"Wow you got here pretty quick." She said as she was looking at him out of breath. 
"Because I-"
"You were so excited to hang out with me because you can't wait to figure me out." 
"Man, it's like I don't need to say anything to you because you know everything that's going to come out of my mouth."
"That's true. So you think you figured me out yet?"
"Obviously you don't like answering texts for one. I sent you more than 50 messages and you still don't reply."
"I was waiting for you to finish." 
"Wow. Maybe we should just start this day already. I can figure you out if I ask a lot of questions." 
"Ask away." She said and smiled at him. 
"So why is figuring out people easily one of your specialties?" 
"Because I look at the person and I think to myself about how they are. And my guesses turn out to be right." 
"Is that how you figured me out so great?" 
"Well what do you think?"

Wonwoo sat there for a minute thinking. But then snapped out of it because that's all she ever did to him; make him think.

"You love to make people think, don't you?" He asked another question.

She just shrugged. Wonwoo put his hand over her head, making it seem like he was out her personality.

"You think this will work?" She said and gave a chuckle and looked up on his hand that was on top of her head.
"Hmmm, you're an only child raised by both of her parents, you like to go to school just to get out of the house, and you're pretty addicted to music."
"Sadly, all of those are wrong." She said and took off his hand off of her head. 
"Ok then tell me what I got wrong."
"I have 2 brothers. My dad left us when we were really young. And also I actually like going to school and music isn't really my thing."
"Wow, then I got everything wrong."
"I told you that you would get frustrated." She said and smirked. 
"I'm not frustrated. It's just that everything is a bit confusing. How do I know you're telling the truth?"
"Don't worry. I'm telling you everything you wanted to know." 
"Ok, I'll take your word for it." Wonwoo told her even though he didn't want to believe it.

Her phone rang and she answered it.

"Jae Hee?" She said as she put the phone against her ear

Wonwoo was sitting there, waiting for the call to end.

"Ok, I'll be on my way." She said and hung up. 
"What's up?" He asked. 
"I got to go. But I'm guessing you're not done with me. We will hang out soon." Gina said and stood up from her chair. 
"I'll see you later." Wonwoo said. 
"Yeah, just text me and I will answer right away." She smiled and walked out.

As she walked and saw her "best friend" working outside.

"Best friend, to be honest, I figure a lot of people out so easily, but I can't seem to figure you out. I hope I can though." She told him and walked away.

He felt like he should've taken off the mask and reveal who he is. But he felt like the time wasn't right. With her talking to him like he was actually her best friend made him feel guilty because she was so upset of not finding out who he is.

...