MISUNDERSTANDING

THIS LITTLE TOWN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

         

He tossed and turned unable to erase Shin Hye from his mind. Rather than thinking about creative ways to get her to sleep with him, he found himself wanting to take her pain away. Taecyeon realized he had two people to prove something to; his father and Shin Hye. Not only did he have to make it on his own without his father's name helping to pull him along, he had to prove to himself that he had more to offer besides money and expensive things. Could he even get a girl to like him without all that? Am I good enough without being Ok Taecyeon? Perhaps there was some truth in what his father said.
    

Working the soil all day gave him the monotonous motions to allow his mind to wander where it wanted to. His body once again was killing him.
He decided to help around the farm on Sunday instead of taking the day off, and Roxie was very grateful for his help. She was getting too old to work like she used to. It bothered Taecyeon to see her working as hard as she did. She shouldn't have to work like this.

    

After a nice long hot shower, he climbed in his truck to head to town. He sat in the bar and waited. No Shin Hye. Another waitress approached him.
  

    "Good evening.What can I get for you?"
    "Is Shin Hye-ssi working today?"
    "Nope, she's off until tomorrow night, but she's supposed to come in and cover for me for an hour while I run up to the store. Saw her leave earlier, but I'm not sure where she went."She winked and smile at the handsome man.
    "Thanks anyway, but I'm just going to head on out." He couldn't wait to get out of there.
    

His phone rang as he left the bar.

  

    "What do you want, James?" He was sick and tired of having a babysitter.
    "I'm just checking on you, Taecyeon. Did you quit you job?"
    "No, I didn't quit my job."
    "Really? We were wondering how long you would last. I figured you would quit after two hours and your abeoji bet--" James stopped speaking and cleared his throat.
    "I don't really care how funny you and my abeoji think this is. What you can tell him is that I'm not minding this little town at all."
    "Very well. I'll call you in a day or two to check in."
    

Taecyeon abruptly hung up the phone. He was done talking to James; done with the games. He had only one person on his mind and she wasn't around. He was shocked at how worried he was about Shin Hye. He couldn't figure out why he even cared, but knowing how much she'd been hurt in her past really angered him, just like it did when he had to leave her feeling so sad last night.
    

Rounding the corner on the edge of town, he spotted her, and his stomach hit the ground. Shin Hye was standing there, embraced in another man's arms. She kissed his cheek, then climbed into the passenger side of a Corvette. Are you kidding me?? Taecyeon wasted no time in flying right up beside the sports car.
    

    "Hello, Shin Hye-ssi,. I'm so glad you're feeling better," Taecyeon said through his clenched teeth.
    "Nuguseyo?" asked the tall, blond-haired driver of the Corvette.
    "You like rich guys with nice sports cars? Is that it?" Taecyeon was so angry. What the hell?
    "Look, back off before I help you out." Blond Guy said threateningly.
  

But Taecyeon didn't stop. "You were so worried about me using you, and here you are using him. What you didn't want to do was come right out and tell me that I'm not the free ticket you wanted. Isn't that it?" He felt a rage building. He wanted Blond Guy to know he couldn't compete with Ok Taecyeon.
  

Shin Hye sat there, embarrased, pissed off, and hurt. "Get out of here, Donghee-ssi." My God, he's one of those jealous creeps? There was no way she'd get tangled up with someone with the temper problem, or with someone who was threatened so easily.
    

    "You heard the lady, leave."
    "You women are all alike, did you know that? You're not who I though you were." Taecyeon had to stop himself from completely losing his temper. She seemed so down to earth, and didn't give one hint that she was attracted to material things. He was trying hard to ignore the jerk with Shin Hye.
  

 Blond guy gave Taecyeon a dirty look and revved the engine of the his Corvette. 
    

"I'm going to go, Shin Hye-ssi, and you're right, I guess this never was a good idea." Looking Blond Guy in the eyes, he couldn't help himself. "Your car's a piece of ." He didn't dare say anything else for fear of exposing his identity, not to mention stepping out of his truck and kicking this guy's . He needed keep his guard up. Trying to conquer a challenge was clearly not worth it. If she wanted this pathetic guy in her life, she could have him. He tried to let his anger fill him, but sadness was unexpectedly creeping in.
    

Taecyeon drove back in the direction of the farm. His heart felt broken, and his head, confused. His mood was very foul. Wait a minute. She has to go back and cover for that waitress time in the bar. He wasn't happy with his thoughs or the obvious jealous rage that was flaring. He found out one thing; when it came to Shin Hye he couldn't simply walk away.
    

He raced his truck back to the bar. Inside he found the waitress that served him earlier. He approached her without hesitation. "So, I was kind of hoping you'd share a dance with me before you left, sweetheart." Taecyeon gave her a y smile, knowing how easy it would be to manipulate her.
    

"Oh my, you're just what the doctor ordered!"
    

Taecyeon watched her select a nice, slow love song. She wasted no time walking into his arms. She'd be no challenge at all. He turned her slowly so he could face the door. When he saw it open he pulled the waitress close to his body, whispered how y she looked, then buried his face in her neck. Her perfume was strong and suffocating.
    

Shin Hye stopped dead in her tracks when she walked through the door. He really is a pig! She tried to hide her hurt and anger and proceeded to the register like it didn't even phase her. She was heartbroken.What a bastard! She watched as the couple flirted and moved slowly on the dance floor. She was trying not to let the scene affect her as deeply as it was. Part of her felt he was paying her back for not giving him what he wanted.What a jackass.
    

He knew he was getting to Shin Hye. For a little added visual, he slid his hand down to the waitress lower back and squeezed her behind some. There were no feelings involved in his passes. In incentive was pure spite. All he wanted was to send a message to Shin Hye.
    

He knew his hand movements were surprising the waitress, but she didn't complain. She simply returned the y touch.
  

"Okay, you're back on and I'm out of here. Have a nice evening,..." Shin Hye yelled loudly over the music. What she wanted to do, was stand there and cuss him out. That, she knew, would humor him. If he thought she'd play this game, he was crazy. She knew the woman would hook up with just about anyone. And he takes advantage of people!
    

He watched as Shin Hye snatched up her purse and keys and stormed out. He wanted to run after her, but no way was he going to bend. His mission had been successful. "Well, I have to get some shuteye. Thanks for the dance.
    

"Anytime, I'll always have a dance for you, or anything else you might be interested in". She smiled, blushed, and winked at Taecyeon.

He was getting more turned off by the second. This woman, bleached-out hair, heavy makeup, and a perfume was getting to him. He couldn't wait to get away from her. All he wanted to do was confront Shin Hye. He had accomplished making her feel upset, probably jealous, but he wasn't feeling good about it at all now.The hurt in her eyes wasn't completely masked by her anger. He drove around for a while, trying to calm down and get the visual of Shin Hye, in someone's else's embrace, out of his head. It didn't work.

    

Pulling into the driveway, he spotted Roxie walking over to him.
 

"Donghee-ah, could you come in and change a bulb for me? It's too dark to haul the ladder in here, and I can't reach it on a chair."
"Sure, Eomeonim." He climbed out of the truck and headed toward the house. He'd never deny her help, but all he could think about was going to his room. The more time passed, the worse he felt. He'd never acted that way in his entire life. Ever.
    

Roxie spotted his mood quickly. "What's wrong is something happen in town?" Something was different about Donghee, and she wasn't felt she had to help him. Getting him to talk was the best thing. Maybe she'd make them something cool to drink, and talk it out.
    

"Nothing, I'm okay,Eomeonim." The last thing he wanted was to have her change her opinion of him. He'd have to keep the little childish game he played to himself. He felt nothing but shame. Yes, he was still very angry over how quickly she nuzzled up with another man, but he should have simply turned away. Why couldn't I do that? It's not like she meant anything.
    

She shook her head in disbelief and walked with him to the house. Roxie watched as he quickly changed the bulb and silently walked out the house to the barn. Part of her wanted to follow him and get to the bottom of things. She'd always been a caring, nurturing person, but something told her to give the young man his space.
    

The horses neighed softly when he entered the barn. He stopped to give them both some attention. At the moment, they were his two favorite females. They didn't talk. They didn't use him.They didn't play any games. "Since when am I, Ok Taecyeon, not good enough?" He went in his room and lay down on the bed. He wished he could just shut off his thoughts, but the shocking images of Shin Hye played over and over again. She was in my arms last night! A Corvette. Really?? Taecyeon began to question himself further. Without money and a flashy lifestyle, do I not have anything to offer?
    

The longer he lay there thinking, the more pissed he became. He walked out to his truck, climbed in the sputtering machine, headed over the bar. He wasn't finished telling Shin Hye exactly what he thought of her. Hopefully a good fight with her would make him want to throw her far out of his mind... or bring her to her senses. His insides were hoping the latter.
    

Blond Guy's Corvette was sitting in the parking lot. Taecyeon walked in the front door of the bar with his fists clenched at his sides. There was Shin Hye, standing at the bar with a beer in her hand. Blond Guy's arms was around her. Taecyeon couldn't help but notice how much she was laughing and smiling. The pulse in his temple was pounding again.

Shin Hye felt someone's presence behind her. She turned her head and saw Donghee about six feet away. She wasn't in the mood for another testosterone fight. Why do guys have to act like that? "I'm going to go upstairs. Are you coming?" she asked. The last thing she wanted was another public display.

"Yep, I'm just going to finish this beer, then I'll be up."

Shin Hye smiled, kissed his cheek, and left the bar.

Taecyeon went right behind her. It took everything he had not to punch the guy. He wasn't about to let them go upstairs together without him saying a single word. He was never someone to go running to a corner and hide. Screw that.
 

When she almost to the steps leading up to her apartment, she stopped and turned around. "Why are you following me Donghee-ssi?" They were the only two outside, and she was beginning to feel nervous.She knew she should have just ignored him and keep on walking.   

"Shin Hye-ssi, what are you doing? You were with me last night and now you're hanging all over that creep? Are you really like this? Was I completely wrong about you? He spoke firmly and was surprised he was able to keep his voice from raising. She stood there looking at him with a confused look on her face. This made him lose control.
 

"You have the wrong idea..."

"The hell I do!" Taecyeon yelled just as Blond Guy grabbed him by the shoulder and spun him around.

"I thought we straightened out your ignorant behavior," said the Blond Guy as he drew back his fist.
    

Taecyeon had enough. He blocked the punch and hit the poor bastard right in the face. "There you go, Shin Hye-ssi. He already lying down for you and everything. Sorry if he can't kiss you for a couple of days with his mouth all messed up."
  

 "Oh my God!Nolan!" Shin Hye ran over to Nolan's side and put her hands on his cheeks. She looked up at Donghee with fury.
 "Nolan...yeah, you have fun with Nolan. Just remember one thing, Shin Hye-ssi, I could have made you a very happy woman." With that, Taecyeon stepped over Nolan's sprawled out body and climbed in the truck. He knew there was no other option than to get the hell out of this town. Get the hell away from Shin Hye.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*

 

Taecyeon spent his days busting his around the farm,sleeping, avoiding James's phone calls, and sleeping some more. He vowed to never step foot in that bar again. Weeks had passed and he still couldn't get Shin Hye out of his head. He avoided going into town as much as possible. The last thing he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter