I CARE ABOUT YOU

THIS LITTLE TOWN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taecyeon found the mall and, with the help of a sales clerk about the height and size of Shin Hye, was able to pick out several items that would provide warmth for this girl who had occupied his heart and thoughts for so long. He purchased nothing that even hinted he could have ulterior motives. He bought her new luggage and even some warm winter boots. He picked up some candles and bubble bath and would have those delivered as a complimentary package from the hotel. Taecyeon wanted to do so much more for her, but was at a loss. He didn't know how to help her with her classes, but was certain he had to find a way. But if she'd already dropped out... then it hit him.

Digging out his mobile phone, he called James.

"Taecyeon-ah! Did you find Shin Hye-ssi?"

"I found her. I'm surprised she even let me speak to her, but so far so good. I need you to do me a favor. I want you to find the top school for fashion and design in Seoul. I need that information as quick as you can get, and I need the use of a  recording studio."

"Very well, but I have heard you sing, Sajangnim, and no offense---"

Taecyeon laughed and hung up the phone. He definitely didn't need to hear those comments to come out of anyone's mouth.

 

*-*-*-*

 

Roxie rode in the back of the limo with Timothy to go to the trainer's home. She was so excited to see Starlight and Angel, she smiled for the entire drive.

"Roxie, see? I told you there were other horses in the area. Several of the neighbors have race horses, very expensive ones."

"I can't wait for you to meet my girls. You're going to love them. Maybe they aren't the cream of the crop in some people's eyes, but they're my babies."

Timothy only smiled. He didn't want to let his feelings slip out. I'll love them because I love you.

The trainer, met them in the driveway and shook Timothy's hand, and tipped his hat to Roxie. "You have two of the best mannered horses."

"Thank you very much. Are you sure they're okay?"

"They're in great condition. My groomers have really enjoyed pampering them. Are you ready to see the ladies? I know they're ready to see you."

"Oh there they are!" She spotted the horses out in the pasture.

"If you wait right here I'll go get them for you."

Roxie didn't want to wait. She took off running through the gate. With her loud whistle, the two horses' heads went up and their ears were open and wide. They came running for her. Her love for her horses brought tears to her eyes. She felt so relieved to see them.

"Timothy, come and say hello!" She was grinning from ear to ear. Each horses was given kisses, pats, and hugs.

"They're so beautiful. I can't wait to get them home! It shouldn't be more than a few days, and then you can see your babies anytime, day or night."

There was some small talk between Timothy, Roxie and the trainer. The horse's coats were shiny in the sun. Timothy saw Roxie shiver and had to get her inside.

"Let's get the horses in the barn. I don't like you standing in the cold."

"The horses like it out here, and I'm okay." She gave him her best smile, and when she did, he looked into her eyes.

"Roxie, I know I'm lousy at this. But you are a beautiful woman. You're a good woman. I know I'm old and everything, but--"

"Old? Timothy, you're only a few years older than I am." She laughed.

"Okay here it goes. Would you like to go on a date with me? I can take you anyplace in the world, and we can have dinner, go dancing, see a play. Whatever you'd like, whatever you want, it's yours. Please say yes. I'm a good man who can make you so happy!"

"What I would like is some time alone in the kitchen. I'll make us a nice dinner, then we can go into the front room and you can dance with me. Would you like that?"

"Yes!" He threw his arms around this woman who fit so comfortably in his embrace, then without a second thought, he softly and briefly kissed her on the lips.

"I've liked you since I met you," she confessed.

He bent down and kissed her hand and felt twenty years younger. "I was afraid to ask you. It's been a very long time, Roxie." He thought he'd feel guilty pursuing Roxie. Timothy worried he was somehow being unfaithful to his late wife. But his mind felt nothing but peace. He knew it was the right thing to do.

She patted his shoulder, nodded her head, and then turned to say goodbye to the horses. She was trying as hard as she could to get her cheeks to stop glowing red. She wouldn't have believed in a million years that she'd have a chance at love again.

Timothy quickly stepped beside the limo and pulled out his phone.

"Taecyeon-ah? He couldn't keep his voice calm.

"Is everything okay, Appa?"

"She said yes!"

Taecyeon drove back through the campus traffic to the hotel. He'd had so much fun shopping for Shin Hye, and he didn't normally go shopping. Other people did it for him. He'd skipped all the simple things in life and ended up cheating himself of many things. His heart grew heavy even after the great news from his father. If I wouldn't have royally screwed this up, I could be making that phone call to you. I'd rather spend the rest of my life alone than go through it without her.

 

*-*-*-*

 

 

Shin Hye lay back in the warm bath, something she couldn't have done in her apartment, and let out a long sigh. The little complimentary bottle of bubble bath wasn't enough, but would have to do. The bathroom was large, bright, and decorated beautifully. She'd only seen hotels like this in magazines. Never in a million years did she believe she'd ever get to stay in one. He must be paying hundreds and hundreds of wons a night, if not more.
 

After forty minutes of soaking, she got out and put the lotion, also complimentary, all over her body, then combed out her freshly washed hair. Shin Hye sat beside the large windows and looked out over the city. He hasn't tried anything with me. Maybe he's really not a creep. He's had plenty of opportunities to try and get me in bed, or bring me physical harm. But he's been nothing but a gentleman. I can't let myself fall for him though. I can just see his rich behind jetting all over the world and sleeping with women. I'm sure a guy like him has kids he doesn't even know about. And all he wants in return is a song? He probably doesn't even like my singing.
 

She'd just closed her eyes to let her mind wander when she heard a knock at the door. Shin Hye let the towel fall and threw on a robe, another little perk from the hotel, and went to the door. When she looked through the peep hole, she couldn't see anyone. She turned around and went back by the window. She wondered if it was Taecyeon, but he wouldn't have knocked then left. She surprised herself by wishing he'd stop by.
 

Taecyeon had accidently dumped the wrapped packages in one of the bags on the floor when he knocked on Shin Hye's door. He hurried to pick them up before she saw him. He certainly didn't want to look like a disorganized cluster. When she didn't open the door, he became instantly worried. He knocked a little harder. Maybe she's sleeping. I should let her get some rest. He turned to leave when he heard the deadbolt click from the other side.

"Do you need something?" She gathered her robe around her neck, and felt herself drawn to him more.

"I picked up a couple of things for you. May I come in?"

"What kind of things?" Shin Hye didn't know what she should do. Looking at his wind-tossed hair, his red cheeks from the cold, and his dark eyes, made her feel things she knew would do nothing but get her into trouble. Just like last time.

"I can stand by the door if you'd like and we can leave it open."

"No, that's okay. Just give me a few minutes to put some clothes on."

Taecyeon watched the door close and heard the familiar lock click. He sat all the bags on the floor beside of him, as his arms were feeling the strain from carrying them all the way to the room. He couldn't believe his doing this. His thoughts quickly turned to Shin Hye. He tried to keep his mind on his mission to help her, but seeing her with wet hair and ima

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter