Chapter 2

A Love Yet To Be Realized

“Minnie~! Let’s eat lunch!” Luhan cheerfully calls out to Minseok.

 

“I have a lunchbox. I’ll eat here… And don’t call me that.” Minseok coldly replies.

 

Luhan pulls the chair in front of Minseok and faces it towards Minseok then sits. Luhan shows a plastic bag. “What a coincidence! I also have a lunchbox!” Luhan gleefully smiles.

 

Minseok sighs and stands up. “I’ll eat somewhere else.” And he leaves.

 

Luhan stands up and intends to follow him, but Minseok quickly turns around and says, “Don’t follow me!”, and walks away.

 

Luhan is left with a confused and worried face. He stands there thinking of what to do. Suddenly, he looks down and notices that Minseok forgot his spoon and fork. He grabs it and runs towards the hallway. He turns his head left and right as he searches for Minseok. Luhan runs along the hall in search of Minseok. Where could he be? Luhan ran, and ran, and ran, until he has been on all floors of the school building. He has also been in the cafeteria. He wasn’t there. He has searched for him at among the benches and around the open space of the campus. He wasn’t there.

 

He stops and heavily pants. He wipes the sweat dripping from his forehead. Where could he be?

 

And then it struck him. The roof!

 

Luhan quickly dashes off towards the school roof top. Of course, why didn’t he think of that? Minseok wanted to be alone so he would definitely go to the roof. There would probably be no student there.

 

Now he’s just three flights of stairs away from the roof. He can feel his legs give up. He’s starting to run out of breath. And he feels so hot and sweaty from running. But he’s almost there. Just one more flight of stairs. Three more steps… And the door opens wide as Luhan makes it on the school roof top.

 

He heavily pants again. He feels his knees become weak. He notices his uniform is soaked in sweat. And before he could drop on the floor out of exhaustion, he looks around the area to see if Minseok is there.

 

But he wasn’t. There was no one there.

 

Luhan drops on all fours. He can’t take the exhaustion he feels right now. As he feels his energy continues to drain, he realizes that he is a stupid person. What the heck did he just do? He didn’t have to run around the campus just to give Minseok his spoon and fork. He feels like laughing at himself but at the same time he’s a bit pissed at himself for foolishly spending too much energy. Minseok might have went back to class after noticing his spoon and fork is gone. That was recklessly impulsive, Luhan thought. Why did he even do that? Luhan wondered. But his tired body caught up to him and he collapses on the floor. Right now, he just wants to rest. And so, he rids himself of all thoughts.


 

Eventually, his head cools down. He doesn’t know how long he was lying on the floor, panting pathetically. But he does know that it’s still lunch time since the bell has not yet rang. So, after regaining enough strength, holding the spoon and fork on Luhan’s right hand, he stands up and walks back to their classroom.


 

After what seemed to be a long tiring journey to the classroom, Luhan enters their class and sits on his desk. Looking extremely tired, he rests his head on his desk. Just then he remembers the spoon and fork in his hands. He faces towards Minseok’s desk. And to his surprise, Minseok is sitting right beside him.

 

But then Luhan doesn’t have the strength to react to this shocking news. He wishes he had been more athletic so he wouldn’t have to be this weak. The only thing he can do now is to give back the spoon and fork to Minseok.

 

Luhan stretches out his hand, showing the spoon and fork. Without much energy left, he calls Minseok.

 

Minseok turns around and sees his lost (or stolen) spoon and fork. He quickly takes it and bewilderedly looks at Luhan. Minseok realizes that Luhan must have taken his spoon and fork to prank him. Maybe he wanted Minseok to look for it, but since he didn’t, his prank wasn’t a success that’s why he’s giving it back. Minseok thought.

 

“I’m sorry...” Luhan weakly said.

 

“Huh?” Minseok is a bit surprised and confused.

 

“You left it on your desk, and I was going to give it to you. I looked around the whole campus, but I couldn’t find you, and ended up taking it from you.” Luhan straightens his body and faces Minseok. He then does a small bow as a sign of apology.

 

Minseok feels a bit embarrassed, and couldn’t look straight at Luhan. “It’s okay. I’m done eating lunch anyway.”

 

So he wasn’t playing a prank on me? Minseok thought. He felt embarrassed for thinking of such a wrong thing about Luhan when he was just actually trying to help Luhan.

 

Just then, Luhan looks up and smiles. Despite being obviously tired, he smiled like he used to. He smiled like he has all the energy in the world, and says, “I’m glad.”

 

Luhan’s reaction brought confusion and wonder to Minseok. This person, is he alright in the head? Minseok thought. Why would he look for me around the whole school just to give me my spoon and fork? Is he a masochist? Minseok thought. Whatever Minseok thought, Luhan’s actions are clearly giving him a sense of guilt. Somehow he feels responsible with what Luhan did. Maybe because it’s his spoon and fork? Maybe because I thought that he stole it? Whatever the reason, he feels greatly indebted with the stupid little thing Luhan did, and he can’t shake off this feeling. And so, the only way Minseok thought to repay him and get rid of this feeling is…

 

“Th… Thank… you...” Minseok shyly said. He feels his face blushing and his ears turning red.

 

Ah! This isn’t right! Minseok thought. Why does he feel shy towards him now? Minseok thought. This is stupid! He is stupid! Minseok thought.

 

Luhan responds with his usual smiley face, but this time it looks like an even happier smiling face.

 

Minseok quickly looks away. He keeps on thinking how stupid Luhan is.