Chapter Eight: Getting on your Good Side

Save Me

Chapter Eight: Getting on your Good side 

During the drive home Taehyung pointedly ignored Jungkook, his body turned toward the door, eyes staring out of the window watching the cars go by. Jungkook ended up saying sorry to everyone at the shop and explained that he was a police officer and was handling some business. Jungkook had bought whatever he could remember Taehyung picking up with interest, avoiding the strawberries from memory. 

“I need to make a quick stop before we can go back to my place.” Jungkook said but Taehyung ignored him, only giving off a nod when Jungkook repeated himself. Jungkook pulled the car around the corner of a street before parking, just a few homes down from Jimin’s. He wanted to deliver the thumb drive as soon as possible so he texted his boyfriend that he would be leaving him something important and got out the car. Jungkook walked casually up to Jimin’s mail box, making sure no one was watching before delivering the thumb drive. 

When he got back inside the car he saw that Taehyung had his head lulled to the side, his lips parted as he sleep softly. The boy really did look much younger like this, just the same way he did in that office when he got scared during his questioning. How could someone so young be so willing to do something so dangerous such as being a e? 

“You’re life is so perfect,” Taehyung had said earlier, and while Jungkook’s life was far from perfect it probably did seem that way to someone like Taehyung. Someone who had to sell their body just to survive, they really were truly different from each other. 

As Jungkook drove them home he thought over different ways to get on the boy’s good side. Acting kind obviously didn’t work the first time, so Jungkook needed another tactic to get what he needed from the him, he just needed to figure out what it was. 

 

Jungkook could vaguely remember Jin telling him different tactics on how to speak to people in Taehyung’s situation. People like him were usually very untrusting but they also craved the attention as well. Jungkook needed to show Taehyung he was willing to grant him at attention, he just needed to do it properly.

Pulling up to his house he parked the truck in the garage, not wanting to risk someone trying to steal his vehicle. Jungkook might live in the better part of town but it still was dangerous at times, better to be safe than sorry. 

Taehyung was still sleeping soundly in the truck so Jungkook unloaded the groceries first and then carried the boy inside. Taehyung was light as a feather, the weight almost un noticeable by Jungkook who was used to lifting things much heavier than the teenager. Deciding to let the boy sleep as he cooked he placed Taehyung on the couch and went to work making steak. As Jungkook reached to flip the steak over he stopped his hand hearing a voice in his head say, “Leave it there for a bit longer…” 

Jungkook smiled at the memory if doing this with Hoseok back in their rookies days. Hoseok was the one to teach Jungkook how to do things like  cook steak and tie a tie. Hoseok was like a brother to Jungkook and he was stolen from him. Hoseok used to smile so bright at Jungkook when he made them dinner all by himself, patting his head and telling him words about how proud he was of Jungkook. Hoseok would have made a fine cop…

“You’re burning that.” A voice said shocking Jungkook from his head. Looking down, Jungkook cursed under his breath before throwing away the ruined steak. Taehyung stood off to the side as he watched Jungkook place another piece of meat on the pan. Taehyung had his fingers slowly rubbing over his wrist, in an almost figure-eight like shape. As Jungkook flipped the steak over he said, “You should really stop doing that.” 

Taehyung looked at the cop confused until Jungkook walked over and reached out for Taehyung. The boy flinched back at first, which made Jungkook move slower, as if Taehyung was a deer just ready to run at the drop of a pin. Taehyung watched on carefully as Jungkook took a hold of Taehyung’s hand which was much softer than he expected it to be. Taehyung’s hands were so much smoother than his own hands, rough from all the work he did. Jungkook supposed that Taehyung needed to be soft, it added to the boy’s wicked charm. 

“It calms me down when I do that.” Taehyung said, his dark eyes focused on his hand that was now in Jungkook’s much larger one. 

“You aren’t calm right now? I’m not doing anything to make you uncomfortable am I?” Jungkook asked, his voice soft but thick in Taehyung’s ears making the boy shiver a bit. 

“N…no, I’m comfortable.” Taehyung said blushing as he watched Jungkook turn his head around to look at the pan behind him, the veins in his neck large and visible. 

“Dinner’s ready,” Jungkook said, letting Taehyung’s hand fall from his gentle grip. Taehyung pulled his hand up to his chest and nodded, making his way to the kitchen table that doubled as a dining room table. Jungkook didn’t miss the faint pink that tinted Taehyung’s check as he prepared their plates. Perhaps getting on the boy’s good side would be much easier than he thought, he would just have to try out…a different sort of method.