Chapter Two: Jimin

Save Me

           Chapter Two: Jimin

 “Okay now the only thing you’ll need to do is take him to the clinic to get tested for STD’s and such. We’ll pay for all his testing and things and you don’t have to do it right this minute but to be on the safe side it’s best to do it now rather than later.” Seokjin said because of course a e might have herpes and if Jungkook invited the boy into his home he could also end up with a mouth full of herpes because these type of people couldn’t be trusted, just great.

            “Fine…I’ll need to borrow a car, I took my motorcycle to work today.” Jungkook said, pinching the bridge of his nose.

            “You are free to take mine, I’ll ride with Namjoon.” Seokjin said, eagerly taking is car key’s from his pocket and handing them off to Jungkook.

            “Well I’ll go call the clinic and tell them you’re on your way while you go meet Taehyung.” Seokjin said, rushing from Jungkook’s site to make the phone call.

            Figuring the sooner he talked to the kid the better he stepped inside the interrogation room, hoping to make use of the boy. Maybe Jin was right, maybe he could get some information from the boy. When Jungkook stepped inside the room the boy didn’t lift his head just yet, but did when Jungkook kicked the table leg.

            “Ow what the ?” He said glaring at Jungkook. Jungkook needed to show the boy that he wasn’t going to let the boy do whatever he wanted. He needed to show dominance now.

            “You were picked up tonight because you were with the Joker’s correct?” Jungkook asked, taking a seat at the table. Taehyung wasn’t cuffed and Jungkook kind of hoped the boy had some fight in him, he would love to release some pent up frustration on the boy if he tried to fight back.

            “Yea so a lot of people were there last night?” He snapped back, rubbing his forehead where he hit it when Jungkook kicked the table.

            “I want you to tell me whatever you know about what went down last night.” Jungkook said.

“What went down? Wow how old are you, thirty?” Taehyung said, scoffing. “The drop off…is “what went down” and all I know is that I got dropped off from one part of the city to this part.”

“You’re lying isn’t going to do you any good here, just tell me the truth.” Jungkook said but again Taehyung rolled his eyes.

“I’m a hooker, why the would I know anything. No wonder things are so easy to get away with here, you cops are ing stupid.”

“Stupid? If we’re so stupid why exactly are you the one sitting in the police station?” Jungkook asked but Taehyung just smiled and pointed behind him. Seokjin was waving for Jungkook to come out.

“See ya soon, bucko.” Taehyung said as Jungkook left the room. Bucko? He was not going to be able to do this!

“Okay well everything is all set for you to take Taehyung to the clinic and then you can go ahead and take the boy home.”

“Seokjin why can’t you take the boy, you are much better at handling these things than I am.”

“Jungkook you know I would but I’m currently fostering a girl at my house and Namjoon and I have a rule about fostering not fostering boys and girls together. You’re just going to have to it up.” Jin said.

            “Look you’re actually really lucky to get out of here so early. Most of the time we have to get lawyers for the children and go through all this paper work but Taehyung had said he’s do whatever we wanted. He’s really cooperating and I’d really appreciate it if you gave the same effort. Now I’ll go tell him what’s going to happen next while you get it together.”

            Get it together…yea easier said than done.

~Save Me~

            Once he arrived at the clinic Jungkook had directed Taehyung to the person who would be handling him and waited outside. It was a few minutes of silence until Jungkook’s phone started ringing and Jungkook sighed when he saw who it was, his on and off boyfriend Jimin.

            Jungkook had met Jimin because the boy had kept coming to the police station for statements, because Jimin was a local news reporter. He covered a lot of the crimes that happened around the city and while it was a dangerous job sometimes and Jimin got into more trouble than he probably should, the boy was good at his job. He was compassionate and Jungkook liked that about the man. After his partner died Jungkook had thrown himself into work only but Jimin helped keep his mind off things sometimes.

            “Jimin…” Jungkook said and waited for the man to speak.

            “Jungkookie are you okay?! I just finished covering what happened at the parking garage, you didn’t get hurt did you? Are you in the hospital? Why aren’t you at home?”

            Once again Jungkook had forgotten the little detail of giving Jimin a key to his home. It was more convenient to just give him the key when they were ing all the time.

            “I got stuck at the office, look I have to tell you something but don’t freak out alright?” Jungkook said but immediately Jimin started yelling through the phone saying, “That’s exactly the opposite of things you say when you tell someone don’t freak out. What the hell happened?”

            “Well the station brought in a lot of people last night, and you know how all the foster homes are packed full and my contract…”

            “You’re bringing someone home aren’t you? A joker though, are you people crazy? Why not send them to the juvenile detention center.” Jimin said, his discomfort easy to spot.

            “I asked, trust me I asked but everything is full and up until this point I haven’t housed anyone so I couldn’t get out of it. Seokjin said it should only be for a few days.”

            “Jungkook is it safe though, the Jokers are the worst gang in the city…”

            “It’s fine, they checked the boy’s record and he’s been arrested for being a e and theft, it’s perfectly safe. Besides, I’m going to want to question him to see what he knows, the boy is lying about not knowing anything. I need to figure out what he’s hiding…look I have to go I’ll see you soon okay? If you feel that it won’t be safe I wouldn’t blame you if you went home.” Jungkook said but Jimin was quick to reply.

            “No I’ll be here with dinner when you get back. I want to make sure you aren’t lying about being hurt, see you soon babe!” Jimin said before hanging up.

            “Jeon…Jungkook? You can come to the back now to speak with the doctor about Taehyung.” Nodding, Jungkook hoped the boy wasn’t infected with anything.