Tardy

Hankering
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Out of all the places Hyoyeon could have chosen for a double date, she chose the most common and cliché location: an amusement park. Not that Junmyeon minded amusement parks very much, he actually found them quite fun actually; however, the fact that they had come during the month of October which can only mean there is no way for him to avoid going inside at least one haunted house. Only the Gods know how many haunted houses the amusement parks put up when October comes around. On the other hand, he finds it amusing because the one guy he knows that is more of a scaredy-cat than himself will be the one and only Wu Yifan. Speaking of which, the head was late but when is he ever on time for anything? It was cold— freezing, actually, that Junmyeon had to wrap his large insulated jacket around Yuri's trembling body when he noticed a rosy hue creeping up her cheeks up to her nose. Glancing over, Hyoyeon decided to huddle up closely to Yuri's side as she blew hot air on her gloved hands.
"I'm seriously going to kill Yifan if I don't die first from hypothermia," Hyoyeon grumbles under her breath as she fumbles around with her jacket's pockets to fish out her phone, her fingers punching in numbers rapidly before holding the speaker right by her frozen ear and catching Junmyeon off-guard when she began to speak in an accented Chinese, "Hey, little brother. Listen, I'm freezing my off over here, could you maybe come out for a moment and buy us all coffee? My treat."
"She has a little brother?" Junmyeon raised an eyebrow, looking down at Yuri as that was the only Chinese he could understand from his narrow Chinese vocabulary.
"Yeah, didn't you know?" Yuri furrowed her eyebrows at him in confusion, her arms wrapped around his waist tightly as she struggled to keep warm with what little warmth Junmyeon could give off in the freezing weather, "He's a little less than a year younger than Hyoyeon but her parents adopted him when she was around twelve years old? He's Chinese, as you obviously already know now."
"Yifan is also Chinese," he nodded slowly before realizing that instead of commenting on anything about Hyoyeon's brother, he had to add something almost irrelevant about Yifan.
"Well, yeah! Actually, Hyoyeon met Yifan through her younger brother— though I've never met him myself, but she says that he always has girls drooling over him," Yuri shrugged nonchalantly, "I knew Hyoyeon and Yifan would date sooner or later; you don't have an opposite-gender best friend and expect not to have at least a little bit of feelings."
Well, that seems to answer a lot of questions for Junmyeon so he silently thanked the Gods that he had a girlfriend who would not stop talking the moment she opened ; it was something that he had always found charming where other people thought it was rather annoying and unnecessary. Meanwhile, Hyoyeon had gotten off the phone with her little brother and huddled back to Yuri's side.
"Have no fear kids, Luhan will be here soon with beverages to save our souls," Hyoyeon fist pumped halfheartedly before ceasing her movements. Junmyeon gazed at her with a strange expression, something that would resemble a fish's face, Hyoyeon noted. He knew a Luhan, actually, since they attended the same college and were partnered up for a group present at one point or another for the business-professional speaking lecture. This couldn't be the same Luhan that is Hyoyeon's younger brother, could it? If it was, then what a coincidence, don't you think? Hyoyeon never mentioned a younger brother to him before— but then again, she never seemed to talk much about her family. He didn't pry too much into her personal life unless she mentioned it first and vice versa for himself.
It seemed like a long time passed by until Luhan, a familiar fight to see in Junmyeon's mind, finally arrived with five coffee cups balanced in a cup holder and beside him was the man of the hour himself, Wu Yifan. Everybody shot daggers his way while he only flashed a dorky grin and draped an arm around a fussy Hyoyeon. He placed a loving kiss on her temple while Junmyeon mentally gagged on the sidelines, "I'm sorry, babe. I was buying coffee for all of us and bumped into this bumpkin."
Luhan looked up with his nose wrinkled, disgusted at having been called a bumpkin until he was distracted by the sight of Junmyeon, "Hey, you!"
"Hey, bumpkin," Junmyeon teased back as he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter