Perfidy

Hankering
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dinner passed by without a hitch, or at least that's what Yuri thought when she saw that Hyoyeon and Junmyeon would occasionally flash each other fond smiles but being as naive as she is, she thought that the two were still too shy to actually speak to one-another and nothing more. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Junmyeon kept fiddling with the sleeve of his wool sweater as he tried to keep his gaze fixed on the strange patterns printed on the piece of cloth that was draped over the dining room table to keep it from being dirty. Meanwhile, Yuri was rambling on beside him about a childhood memory of hers.
"I told Hyoyeon that she shouldn't ride the pony without a saddle but she wouldn't believe me!" She pointed an accusing finger towards the blonde female, "Then guess what?"
"What, baby?" Junmyeon shot her a barely-there smile, as if she would even notice his lack of enthusiasm anyways, but did it for the sake of making her think he was paying attention.
"When she finally got on the pony, it ran away so fast that she ended up falling backwards and landed in a pile of poop!"
Junmyeon chokes on the warm milk that he had been sipping on and Hyoyeon's face turns so red that it would rival the color of the spaghetti sauce in front of her. That was a story she never told him before when she had stayed by his side, he noted silently. He couldn't imagine why, if she was courageous enough to share the story of the time she had tripped on her way into her chemistry lab and "accidentally" pulled down the professor's pants as she fell. Well, maybe that story was just embarrassing for the professor and he's more than a hundred percent sure she had meant to do that.
"Anyways, I'm going to the bathroom so you two be nice and socialize while I'm gone!" Yuri gestured with two fingers from her eyes towards the two individuals still sitting at the dining room table as if to convey that she would be watching the two.
"Great," Junmyeon mumbled under his breath before returning his attention back to Hyoyeon, whom was still shifting uncomfortably in her seat across from him. He cleared his throat to catch her attention before speaking up, "How have you been?"
"Good. Good! I got the presents from Dr. Wu, by the way," she added in quickly as her cheeks returned to a dark red shade, "There were so many, I was beginning to think he had a crush on me and was lying about it."
"Oh, no, you're not his type," he shakes his head, not catching the offended look that flashed across Hyoyeon's face, "Speaking of gifts, there was this one I had been meaning to give to you but it never happened, so here."
It wasn't the typical expensive jewelry gifts that Junmyeon had given to her in the p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter