Ciao

Hankering
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Don't worry, the disease at this stage is not deadly if you regularly take your prescribed medications. Just in case, however, you will be required to be put under bed arrest. Not to worry, we have assigned our best nurse to take care of you," Dr. Wu explained to the short blonde male sitting across his office table.
Kim Junmyeon had visited Dr. Wu's clinic with the information in mind that he was the best doctor in the busy city of Guwol-dong; he had recently lost his appetite and as a result lost a lot of weight in the process. He thought the fatigue that followed soon after was a side effect of not having much to eat, but when he coughed and blood stained the palm that covered his mouth, he knew that something had been wrong with his body.
"Pulmonary tuberculosis," Dr. Wu had explained, "is a potentially deadly and serious infectious disease that mainly affects the lungs. It is highly contagious, which is why you must be put under bed arrest. The nurse taking care of you will be sure to be careful as not to catch it; she is a professional, of course."
Junmyeon knew he didn't have much choice by the way Dr. Wu raised an eyebrow as if to challenge him to protest against the proposed treatment plan. Instead, he only nodded and proceeded to head to his nearest pharmacy to pick up his prescription of anti-bacterias before heading to his million-dollar mansion. Normally, he doesn't brag about the amount of money he's made being a professor but when people first see him, they wouldn't think that he'd have much money anyways. In a way, it was good. It would save him from having to drive away gold-digging women that his colleagues would often complain about. In all honesty though, who would want to date a teacher and risk getting lectured about the science of covalent bonds on the first date? The answer: nobody. Which is why Junmyeon lives by himself and hasn't been on a date since he first entered college. It's been a couple of years since then and Junmyeon doesn't mind the emptiness that greets him everytime he returns home.
Junmyeon is so immersed in his thoughts that as he hops out of his Lamborghini and is unlocking the gate to his home, he nearly doesn't see the tall female patiently standing right by his side. He glances to the side, thinking a cat had wandered towards him, before jumping in surprise, not expecting for anyone to be outside at this hour. The female wore a simple hot pink dress with a sheer white button up blouse underneath, it looked almost like a pink tuxedo in dress form. A mask adorned half her face so Junmyeon could only see her piercing chocolate brown eyes that gazed at him expectantly, the blond curls that tumbled down to her shoulders a striking contrast; in her gloved hands, she clutched a large bag that contained God knows what. With a start, Junmyeon realized that this was the nurse Dr. Wu had been talking about earlier.
"Hello, Mr. Kim," the unnamed nurse spoke as if reading his thoughts, she bowed her head slightly before straightening up, "My name is Kim Hyoyeon and I will be taking care of you for the next month."
"Ahh, yes, hello—" Junmyeon bowed awkwardly back, unsure of how to function around anyone that wasn't his students or his fellow colleagues. The two stood out in the heat as silence blanketed the moment and Junmyeon figured that now was a good time as any to invite Hyoyeon inside. So he does, being the gentleman that his mother raised him to be, held the gate wide open for Hyoyeon to enter first before locking it and leading her into his home.
Junmyeon mentally thanked himself for finally getting off his lazy, fatigued last week to clean the place up. Though there really wasn't all that much to clean up or worry about. The mansion, although large, was not heavily decorated nor was that many colors present. The living room was furnished with two white leather couches that could sit up to four people each, a rectangular mahogany wood coffee table placed right in the middle with only a box of tissues occupying the space on top, a large flat screen TV was placed in front of the said furnitures although Junmyeon rarely liked to watch it. The dining room was nearly empty, furnished with only a small circular wood table with two white leather chairs placed across from one-another. There were around seven rooms inside the mansion, only one was occupied in the second floor by Junmyeon himself. The rest were furnished similarly with a California King-sized bed placed on a wooden bedpost that enveloped the oversized bed; the walls were painted a soothing cream color and several lamps were placed around the room for convenience. Not to get into too much detail, but all the rooms gave off the feel of staying in a five-star resort hotel.
Kim Hyoyeon was very new to experiencing such luxuries like the ones hidden in Junmyeon's home, so she could only stare with wide eyes as he led her around his home. Not that she was poor herself but she could never be bothered to live life like a first-class person. Staying as humble as she can, she's lived in a two-bedroom with her roommate, Kwon Yuri, since she graduated from high school and sent any leftover money she had no use for back to her parents.
As she thought, Junmyeon sat down on the couch and stared up at her curiously, wondering if she was normally so quiet. It would be disappointing if that was the case, he was hoping for there to finally be some noise and life since someone was going to be s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter