Estrange

Hankering
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The week after Hyoyeon left, Junmyeon decided to stop by Yif— Dr. Wu's office in hopes of being able to accidentally bump into her on purpose. If that makes any sense. It may seem like he was being desperate but in all honesty, Junmyeon just misses her company. The house certainly feels emptier without her around to fill it with her cheesy jokes and obnoxiously loud laughter that rivals his own. With his luck, however, Dr. Wu informed him that Hyoyeon was working with another patient, as in she would be gone another month to take care of someone else.
"It's unusual for you to ask about a girl first," Dr. Wu raises a skeptical eyebrow as he watches Junmyeon pace around his office anxiously, "Don't tell me that you like her?"
With that Junmyeon stops in his tracks and shoots the taller male a deadly glare that practically shouts that he denies that statement. Of course Dr. Wu knew better than that, they had been friends since the third year of college after all, when they met in medical school. That was before Junmyeon decided seeing guts laid neatly out in front of him "was not his style," as Dr. Wu would say, and he was allowed to call the freakishly tall male by his first name: Yifan.
"Alright, say that you don't," Yifan starts, "would you like her contact information?"
Junmyeon quickly shakes his head and instead hands Yifan a box similar to the one that he had presented to Hyoyeon the day she left, only this time is was smaller and much longer. Yifan takes the box from Junmyeon without a question and only nods his head in understanding as he stows it away in one of his over-stuffed drawers for the next time he sees Hyoyeon.
"Just tell her that it's a 'thank you' gift," Junmyeon doesn't say anything else as he leaves. Then that was that, he never came back to the clinic in hopes of seeing Hyoyeon again but he did come regularly because the vitamin drinks he bought apparently don't work to keep his body healthy, or maybe he's just aging like Yifan says, but the bastard is older than he is and he doesn't see his health deteriorating any. Occasionally, during his visits, he would hand Yifan another box containing expensive jewelry to give to Hyoyeon and Yifan was starting to find it a bit creepy how Junmyeon refuses to see the girl but still is determined to give her handfuls of "thank you gifts". Of course he knew Junmyeon was stubborn and never brought it up as he continued to pass the gifts along to Hyoyeon who was just as confused as he was but accepted them nonetheless.
The gift-passing continued on for almost six months until one day, Junmyeon was browsing through the fruits at his local farmers' market and bumped into a slender brunette name Kwon Yuri. Yuri was the exact opposite of Hyoyeon, yet they were similar. Where Yuri was brunette, Hyoyeon was blonde; where Yuri was tan, Hyoyeon was milky white; where Yuri was slender, Hyoyeon was athletically built; however, they were both full of life and positivity. He mentally made these connections back to Hyoyeon without even realizing it as he helped pick up the apples that Yuri had dropped when they accidentally bumped into each other while reaching for the last pomegranate.
"Oh, thank you, I'm such a klutz," Yuri laughs as the tucks her shopping bags securely at the bend of her elbow. She held up the pomegranate that was the cause of their encounter towards him as a peace offering, "Here, you can have it if you want."
"I'm not sure that's yours to give away but thank you," Junmyeon chuckles lightly as he gratefully takes the fruit from the tanned beauty, immediately feeling captivated by the exotic feel radiating off of her, "Unless, do you want to share it?"
"Was that a line or—" Yuri shakes her head incredulously as she chuckles in amusement, "I can just come back next time."
"I insist, I'm being s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter