Alone

Love Me Right (Abandoned)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan's POV

I walked back home alone. I couldn't tell if Sehun was mad because I lied or because I didn't get him bubble tea, but either way, I was going to be in trouble. Although Sehun was a year younger than me, he would still find a way to get back at me, which was something I didn't want to happen.

I had been humming a song when I spotted two familiar faces walking on the other side of the road. "Chen!" I ran across the street, which thankfully wasn't busy, and tugged on Chen's shirt. "Hey!"

He turned around with a surprised look on his face. "Jeez, you scared me," he said, knocking his hand on the side of my head. "What are you doing here?" Chen inched closer to Xiumin.

I couldn't help but feel a little jealous. Chen was able to hang out with Xiumin whenever he wanted and I barely knew the kid. I didn't want them to think I was just walking alone, so I said, "Oh, I just watched a movie with Sehun."

Chen smiled. "Oh, and you just let him walk home alone? It was just 'watch a movie, then go' type of thing?" he asked jokingly, but it still caught me off guard.

He got me, I thought. "Anyways," I said, deciding not to answer back, "what have you two been doing?"

"Nothing much, just hanging out." Chen put an arm around Xiumin's shoulders. I nodded, and we stood in awkward silence for a minute. "Uh, do you wanna have lunch with us?" I nodded again and followed them.

Both Chen and Xiumin walked in front of me and thankfully couldn't see the scowl on my face. Here was a kid that Chen barely knew for a week and he was already best friends with him. Best friends. No, Xiumin couldn't be Chen's best friend. I was Chen's best friend, and Chen was mine. That was how it had always been. Stop freaking out, Lu, I told myself. Chen can't replace you.

...Or could he? He seemed to be pretty close already. Every once in a while when Xiumin would slow down a bit, Chen would put his hand on Xiumin's back and nudge him forward. I rolled my eyes every time it happened. Suddenly, Xiumin stopped and I almost bumped into him. "Chen," he said, pointing at the building, "can we eat here?"

Thank god, it was Junmyeon's bakery. With any luck, he would be in there and I wouldn't have to feel like the third wheel. We walked in and Junmyeon was at the counter.

"Hey Chen. Xiumin. Back so soon?" I began to feel dizzy. Two things stunned me: one, they had been there earlier, and two, he didn't even acknowledge me. I couldn't tell which one dazed me more.

"Hello," I said awkwardly.

Junmyeon leaned to the side as if he hadn't seen me before. "Oh, hi there Luhan! I didn't know you came, too. It's been a while since you came."

That's it, I thought. I'm leaving. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and opened it. "Oh no! Sehun can't find his way home!" I snapped my fingers. "I knew I shouldn't have let him go after the movie. Listen, guys. I really have to go." I was going to say See you later, but decided otherwise. I just ran out the door and towards home.

What was going on with everyone? Maybe it was just me, but everyone seemed like they were ignoring me. Even the people on the streets turned their heads to look in the other direction. "Luhan, you're exaggerating. Maybe people are looking away because you're talking to yourself. Stop talking to yourself!" I carried on a little one sided conversation for a while, then sat at a park bench.

A voice behind me called my name. "Luhan!" I turned around to see a girl running towards me, her hand covering half of her face. "Luhan!" she called again, and I realized the girl was Eun Mi. My blood started to boil, but then I noticed the tears in her eyes. When she reached me, she looked down. "I'm sorry."

I sighed. How could I stay mad at that face? "I'm sorry, too." I walked around the bench to where she was standing and wrapped my arms around her in a hug. "I didn't notice how much I missed you until now," I whispered, and she shuddered. I honestly did miss her, and it was nice to feel her in my arms again.

"I've missed you, too." She buried her head in my chest and I ran a hand through her long, black hair. 

We stood like that for a while. I felt like a blade of grass, swaying every time the wind blew. But we didn't fall over because we had each other to lean on.

Xiumin's POV

"What's wrong with him?" Chen asked after Luhan had run out of the bakery.

"I don't know," answered Junmyeon, "but that was some pretty bad acting right there." They laughed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter