Episode 5

Romantic Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I WILL NEVER COME BACK HERE” 

As impossible as it seemed, Taeyeon was turning purple. Yoona looked at her with a disgusted face. After eating the wrong mushroom, she was being covered in weirdly neon pink spots that were bulging out like pimples. Yoona looked over at Hyo who was looking at the purple Taeyeon like nothing was wrong, seeming rather interested. 

“You know what's happening to her, don't you?” Yoona asked with narrow eyes and Hyo nodded, her arms folded, resting her chin on her hand. She examined Taeyeon for long before circling her and then finally looking at the brown mushroom. 

“She is infected,” she told them “she ate an old plumo mushroom. We almost forget they still exist since nobody used them because of their toxicity.”

“They are toxic?!” Taeyeon asked with horror filled in her eyes. 

“Um hmm,” Hyo hummed in a yes “if you are not cured within two days, your skin will forever be tainted purple and the plumo spots will keep oozing out of places.” she said pointing at the pink spots and Taeyeon gulped, looking at Yoona with wavering eyes.

“Yoona...” she called with a baby's voice, tears welling up in her eyes as she pouted. Yoona's mind was blocked right now as she herself had no idea what to do or where to go in this alien land. 

“I...I think we should go back to Sica.” she replied after taking her time to think. 

“No!” Hyo suddenly denied, receiving confused looks from the two “I mean, it will be a long way back to Visteria Garduns at this point and people often get lost on their way back. I think—”

“But you yourself told me Sica is the all knower! She would know the cure!” Yoona argued before she could complete her sentence. 

“I did say that but Sica is a mere with the knowledge of all things. The only person who can cure her is Doctor Tiffany.” Hyo explained but Yoona just narrowed her eyes at her. 

“I don't trust you! You were the one who misguided us and almost got us in a big mess. I'm taking her to Sica.” Yoona declared as she folded her arms.

“Even Sica will guide you to go to Doctor Tiffany because she is the ONLY DOCTOR IN SOSHILAND!” Hyo yelled at this “as for earlier lady, I have apologized. Believe me I would never troll a person in emergency. Trust me this once.” she told her, her eyebrows knitted at the accusation.  

Yoona stared at her for long and her expressions were sincere, then she looked over at Taeyeon who was busy staring at her own weirdly colorized skin, surely not paying attention to their argument. Right now the focus was to cure Taeyeon, and if what Hyo said was true, then they had to better hurry. 

“All right,” Yoona nodded “where is this Doctor Tiffany?”

“Uh...she lives in the forest of green Shelkwood trees which is after the Jungle of en which comes after the puddle of Juju that is after the Soshi port which comes after we walk a mile to the right after exiting Timberland of Passion.” Hyo looked away after telling her, Yoona's mouth parting and Taeyeon's eyes bulging out.

 

They knew they almost reached the end of Timberland of Passion because the pink trees started reducing in numbers. Yoona was going to miss this forest, definitely. How fascinating that she met Yuri again, and in such a fascinating place. She twirled around once again to take a final look. 

“How come your people keep sleeping in such a beautiful place? There's so much to admire.” she muttered to Hyo.

“Eh no no it is actually the effect of living here that they are so sleepy, you say that because you are new. The Timberland of Passion makes people fall into slumber time by time. That is why nobody manages to come out of here.” Hyo said creepily, sending a shiver down both of their spines.

“Why is it named 'Of Passion' then?” Taeyeon asked and Hyo gave her a questioning look.

“Because that is what it does! Makes people passionate!” she replied looking offended and Taeyeon's face was overflowing with 'what the hell?'

“Taeyeon, I have already told you to not judge Soshiland's vocabulary.” Yoona pushed her ahead before she could ask anything again. 

The exit of the forest was so decorated and broad, as if inviting people to get out. Unlike the rest of the place, it was a golden gate bordered with flowers that looked like lilies. 

“Why is it so attention catching?” Yoona asked.

“Oh so that people can find their way back since mostly everyone gets lost.” Hyo waved her hand in the air as if it were an everyday matter. 

“Is it that often?” Taeyeon and Hyo nodded. 

“Very often.”

 

 

 

..................................................

They had been walking on a long open path, possibly the 'a mile to the right' walk she mentioned in the long in twisted address. Yoona was tired, it felt like needles pricking the soles of her feet after walking in heels for so long. She looked at Taeyeon to see her condition; the girl was eyeing Hyo so intently. 

“What are you even?” she finally blurted out, receiving an offended look from Hyo for the nineteenth time and a mouth wide open from Yoona.

“Lady that is rude.” Hyo answered with narrowed eyes.

“No I mean...are you a werewolf?” she asked again, rubbing her chin in interest. 

“No.” Hyo told her, a questioning look on her face. 

“A vampire then?” Taeyeon asked again. 

She has definitely been watching a lot of teen movies...Yoona thought, facing palming herself in second hand embarrassment. 

“Certainly not.” Hyo denied firmly. 

“A shape shifter?”

“Oh no not at all.”

“Chesire cat?”

“Lady, will you stop calling me with such horrible names?!” Hyo was now fed up and it seemed Taeyeon still hadn't had enough.

“Taeyeon, let her talk.” Yoona tried to stop her but Taeyeon snapped her fingers like she got the answer.

“Oh I know! A witch! You are a witch aren't you?” she asked with a chime and Hyo's mouth fell open and Yoona just knew why.

“My oh my! A witch? I would rather be known by those strange names than be called a witch! Our Kingdom had—”

“Banished them a long time ago?” Yoona completed her sentences with what she had heard before. Hyo was surprised about Yoona knowing about this and nodded. “Does your Kingdom have some bad history with them?” she asked.

“Not really. It is just that they are soooo annoying.” Hyo stretched the 'so' which was enough to indicate how irritating those witches were to SoshiLanders. “Our great great great great King Yui the third did not like them, and they were not agreeing at any terms either, so he drove them away.” 

“He drove them away? Just like that?” Yoona asked in astonishment.

“No lady, do not pity them. You have not met one so you speak in that tone. It is the greatest good thing that ever happened to us.” Hyo told them by pointing her index finger left right in a 'no'.

“Where are they now?” Taeyeon asked.

“Now, they mostly reside in the Elf Island. Them islanders are kind people you see... and friendly... you will know once you meet one... at the port most probably.”

 

 

 

 

 

They had finished walking the long path when another orange colored one popped up. After walking along it further, they saw that is was perpendicular to the port although the base of the port was tiled green. Yoona rolled her eyes at the odd contrast of colors driving her wild, understanding what Yuri meant yesterday night. By night, she wondered what time it was since the sky was just as bright and sun as high as before. Only now she noticed that the sun was – square. She shook her head and looked ahead toward the port. The sea was strangely sparkly as if glitter sprinkled over. On the edge of the port, beautiful crafted ships were aligned, each oozing with creativity as different designs were detailed over the wood.

They were heading straight to their way, following the orange path running in the centre of the port – just why would they make the path through the port? – but Yoona's eyes landed on the familiar face as she halted and pointed her arm straight ahead at the man who was examining the goods being brought down form one of the ships.

“Donghae!” she yelled, running swiftly towards him.

He turned with a questioningly look as Yoona still held her arm in the sky, pointing at him all the way. He was wearing a blue coat that was embroided with golden thread, his hair let down and silky black and knee length boots covered up in some yellow gooey thing.

“Donghae!” she yelled again, stopping just in front of him “what are you doing here? How did you even get here? Were you following me too?” she asked in one go and he just raised his left brow in question. 

“Pardon, do I know you native?” he asked with a thick and heavy voice. Yoona narrowed her brows at his denial of knowing her. 

“Now now lady, you are not to talk to an Elf islander.” Hyo hurried behind her, bowing slightly to Donghae who did the same with a short quick smile. Yoona looked at her and back at him, not understanding it.

“An Elf islander? This guy?” she asked with a 'what' tone while pointing at him as if he were almost of no importance. He looked offended as he furrowed his brows at her. 

“And certainly not in this manner!” Hyo scolded her and shunned her finger down before Donghae could complain “let me introduce you to our trusted merchant from Elf island – East Sea.” she told her and Yoona gave her a very weird look hearing the name.

“He – but he's Donghae!” Yoona couldn't believe it yet. He looked like a ditto copy of the guy who had asked her for the first dance. 

“Yoona, do you know him?” Taeyeon asked following behind. 

“Yes.  Didn't you see me dancing with him? He was at the party!” she told her and Taeyeon's face was expressionless. 

“What party?” she asked, and Yoona's mouth fell apart. All the confusion made her head filled with straws and blankness. 

 “You…don't remember? We…were at the party?” she asked after some long pause and Taeyeon shook her head. 

“Is she not infected with the plumo mushroom?” Donghae, or more like this guy who looks like Donghae and his name is 'East Sea' asked, taking a close look at Taeyeon and Hyo nodded “oh then... it is affecting her rather faster than expected.” he said with a slight worry in his voice. 

“What effect?” Yoona asked.

“The person who gets infected starts forgetting easily. If not treated soon she will lose all her memories.” Hyo said quite quietly and Yoona gulped.

She looked over at Taeyeon and the girl seemed even more lost as she looked around the port as if she was at some new place – although the place was new. 

“How far is this green Showood tree terminal?” Yoona asked in a hurry as she grew nervous and panicked. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter