Episode 4

Romantic Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“People often forget that they, themselves, are a presence”

Visteria Garduns

Yoona and Taeyeon tip toed into Visteria Garduns, the name so much familiar to their language. It was a short walk before they were lead to the opening of a tunnel. It was a wide pathway with purple tiny flower vines hanging loose above it, covering it up. The flowers were like tiny violet and white bells. The grass was dark blue in color this time and the path was bricked, made comfortable to walk in. Among them, the arms just felt persuaded to reach up and touch the hanging vines and play with them. It smelled strongly of lavender and a mix of the smell of earth after rain. Both the girls couldn’t not lower their eyes, their necks were arched while they admired the tunnel with a flower covering. This place was ethereal, if that word could sum it up, and much more normal than what they had just come back running from. The girls circled all the corners as they walked, bumping into each other now and then, lost in admiring the place. 

 “I don't really see the point of naming it a garden.” Taeyeon muttered with a little saliva flowing out of the corner of her lips as she walked with agape.

“What if tunnels in Soshiland are called garduns?” Yoona replied, lost herself with her eyes screaming delight as they glistened.

“I could walk through this tunnel forever.” said Taeyeon and just then Yoona shot her head back down and looked ahead. 

“Isn't that what we are doing? How long have we been walking? And I see no sign of a person.” she thought looking around. 

“You are right. What if it isn't inhabited?” guessed Taeyeon.

“Who speaks of absence when two people are walking about? People often forget that they, themselves, are a presence.” came a familiar voice and the girls froze.  

“Who is there?” Yoona called out as Taeyeon, doing her job, hid behind her.

They saw the same toothy grin once again from behind the one of the vines and Hyo jumped out, landing like a cat. 

“Make that three.” she grinned as she walked towards them, her hands folded behind her back, looking even more mischievous than before.

Now that they looked closely she really did represent cat like features with her sharp blue eyes, pointy teeth and way of walking – so noiseless. Just as before, she has a gold touched skin and blonde wavy hair, wearing a figure tight hot pink dress andequally hot pink heels. She lulled her hips to the sides just like a cat when it strolls around in joy.

“Why are you following us?!” Taeyeon scolded her, finally coming out front as she narrowed her eyes towards the troll. 

“As of earlier, forgive me ladies. I just wanted you to have some fun.” she bowed and grinned again.

“Fun? We were going to be killed!” Yoona yelled and she started laughing.

“Do not worry. Those roccuuns shrink down once they touch something. Their huge exterior is just to scare people away,” she explained and Yoona and Taeyeon had never felt so tricked.

“But I am extremely thankful to you both.” she said finally closing her lips into a puckered smile. They exchanged glance, confused about what she just said.

“What for?” Yoona asked and she started laughing again.

“Oh I knew you would ask that,” she snickered “thank you for creating chaos in Lady Sookyu's house. She is extremely annoying and annoyingly haughty. I wanted to teach her a lesson." she told them and Yoona burned holes inside her.

“You used us?” she asked and Hyo nodded. Yoona stomped her foot with anger and clutched Taeyeon's arm while still glaring at Hyo “Come on, Taeyeon.” she said and started walking ahead leaving Hyo behind. 

“Hey wait~” she called, hopping behind them.

“Stop following us! Shoo~ go away!” Taeyeon waved her hand gesturing at Hyo and the weird girl only laughed further. She laughed a lot.

 

 

It seemed the tunnel had ended when they saw the floral roof long over. But instead, it just ended up into a chamber. It was a colossal room structured like a round bird cage, with the flowers they saw earlier covering it all over as well. In the center, a girl ten times their size was sitting lazily on a giant purple lotus. She was wearing a flower crown and her features were serene. Sleepy eyes, small nose and tiny lips. A perfect shape in general, just very large. She kept on playing with her brunette braid while holding a large hand mirror. Small fairies were flying around her in circles like she was their queen or something. 

“That is Sica, the all knower.” Hyo whispered as she stood behind them. 

“You here?!" Yoona yelled being startled by her appearance.

Taeyeon hushed her with a finger on her lips but too late, the giant girl seemed to have heard them and she really slowly turned her head in their direction, but all she had to do was lower her eyes to look at them. However, she didn't say anything, and returned to staring at her reflection. 

“She knows a lot about anything and everything...everything happening around the Kingdom.” Hyo whispered again and Yoona thought to hear her out this one time.

“Oh is that so? Will she tell me where Yuri is?” she asked folding her arms and Hyo nodded.

“She is the wisest.” she said and Yoona doubted as she looked back at the half asleep girl lying down on the lotus bed.

“Atleast give it a try, you moron.” Taeyeon shook her head at Yoona, telling her she's being the dumb one here. Yoona stared at the giant for long, before finally yelling out loud.

“Can I have your attention?!” she said in a high pitched voice, and Sica turned her head towards them again.

She stared at the tiny three infront of her. Her stare was unwavering and there was no movement as even the fairies stopped their pilgrimage. Finally Sica stretched her arm towards Yoona, picking her up in her huge hand.  Comparing sizes, Yoona felt like Thumbelina.

“Woah!” she gasped in amazement with wide eyes because she fit in her hand perfectly like it was a chair.

She clutched her arms tightly to Sica's index and pinky finger as the giant brought her near her face. She examined Yoona for long, and then eyed her mark which must be the size of a dot to her since Yoona was just as big as her right eye as of this close.

“A human?” she asked and Yoona nodded.

Without further communication or inquires she took a deep breath (which sounded like a powerful breeze) and started talking “there are three ways to leave this place and return to your world. Either you leave by the 'All Entrance and Exit’ door which I suppose is where you came from, or step into a Diofall, or—”

“No I don't want to go back! I have to ask you about something else! Though that was helpful too.” Yoona muttered at last while cutting her and Sica slowly blinked her eyes, taking a breath that took her a minute maybe, Yoona thought. 

“Not return? What else would a human want to do here?” she asked, taking a long time as she spoke lazily.

“Ah...I uh...want to visit the Palace.” she said and Sica just blinked.

“To the Royal House?” she asked, and was maybe thinking as she looked the other way “hmm...not much of a long journey. The yearly Queenly Delight Celebration is going to take place tomorrow, you can meet her there and then.” 

“Not the Queen. She wants to see the Second Princess.” Hyo said from below, rubbing the back of her neck as she said so. Sica looked back at Yoona with surprised, although it was hardly visible by her sleepy eyes.

“Oh well, even her. Every Royalty is going to be present there…everybody...the whole Kingdom.  It is an obligation,” Sica nodded and Hyo seemed to have remembered it just now as she nodded too “you can meet her there and then.” she repeated and Yoona smiled.

“But I highly doubt the Queen will be pleased by the presence of a human.” she said with caution and Yoona’s smile dropped.  

“So you mean it's a no no?” Taeyeon asked from down below too. 

“I would recommend going there as something you must avoid at absolute but if you are still fools enough, I have one way you can pass through.”  she nodded slowly.

The she stretched her arm back to the ground, letting Yoona step out and the girl was dizzy from this lifting up and placing back because she thought she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter