Crying

Random Normalcy

Where Taeyeon lends her shoulders to a crying entity that is not Tiffany.

 

Tearing her eyes away from the computer screen that she has been staring at for the past few hours, Tiffany notes that the room seemed a little brighter than before. A quick glance towards the window brings a frown unto Tiffany's already damp mood. The sky has darken and it looks like a downpour will soon follow.

 

It has to be the day when I didn't bring an umbrella. Tiffany sighs inwardly before saving the last of her documents and preparing herself to leave for the day.

 

There is a hint of annoyance as Tiffany shoved her keys, her packet of tissue, her phone and whatever she subconsciously deems necessary to bring along into her bag. With a last check of her desk, she switches off the monitor to her computer and slings her bag on her right shoulder with a huff. She vaguely thinks that she probably forgotten a brick in her bag but quickly dismisses the thought when she realises the hassle of clearing and reorganizing her bag.

 

Muttering goodbyes and flashing passing smiles at her colleagues, Tiffany makes her way to the lift lobby. As she waits for the elevator, Tiffany can't help worrying about the threatening sky.

 

By a of luck, or the lack of it, just as she steps into the glass elevator that she used to think was too extravagant for an office building, Tiffany spots a drop of rain against the glass and soon, join by many others.

 

For a split of a second, Tiffany feels like she is going to cry but she quickly recovers, well aware that she is not alone in the elevator. As the elevator makes its stop at almost all of the floors despite its limited capacity, Tiffany ponders if it is the gloomy weather or the bleak prospects of her deadend job that is affecting her mood.

 

When the elevator finally reaches ground floor, Tiffany finds herself getting sweep by the sea of the evening crowd towards the exit. Tiffany manages to stop short of the sheltered walkway as her colleagues brave through the rain with an umbrella in hand. Everyone seems to have somewhere to go to.

 

Realising that the heavy rain is not going to stop any time soon, Tiffany sighes again dejectedly. Head hanging low, she wonders momentarily if she should make a dash to the nearest bus stop and somehow make her way home. Just then, a pair of familiar looking shoes come into sight.

 

"Hey."

 

Tiffany looks up, evidently surprised.

 

"What are you doing here?" Tiffany speaks her mind.

 

"To deliver this." Taeyeon holds out an umbrella. "You left it on the table when you were in a rush this morning."

 

"And to pick you up for dinner," Taeyeon adds with a smile.

 

Tiffany is at a lost of words as she watches Taeyeon opens the umbrella and reaches out towards her to pull her closer.

 

"Sorry, I can't find a parking lot so the car is a bit of a walk." Taeyeon says with an apologetic smile.

 

Tiffany shakes her head and leans in closer to Taeyeon to clutch onto her waist. Taeyeon natually places her arm onto Tiffany's shoulder as they step into the rain. The walk is shorter than Tiffany expected, as she is overwhelmed by the warmth Taeyeon exudes. Tiffany knows she should be feeling cold against the howling wind but she feels otherwise. It is to the extent that Tiffany immediately misses the warmth as Taeyeon steps away to make her way to the driver's seat after sheltering her to her seat. 

 

Just as Taeyeon sits into the car and put aside the umbrella with a huge smile hanging on her face, possibly because they made it through the heavy rain, Tiffany notices the damp patch on Taeyeon's left shoulder.

 

"Your shoulder is wet." Tiffany quickly pulls out her packet of tissue for Taeyeon.

 

"Yeah, I felt bad for the sky," Taeyeon jokes. "She seems kind of down and so I lent my shoulder for the sky to cry on."

 

Tiffany pauses for moment when it strikes her that she no longer feels like crying and in replace, she feels complete as her heart swells upon seeing Taeyeon's silly grin. 

 

She shakes her head at Taeyeon's silly antics as she dabs the tissue gently on Taeyeon's shoulder.

 

"Well, I sure hope she feels better now," Tiffany plays along. Because I do.

 

And sure enough, the sky starts to clear up just a little.

 

-

 

A/N: Happy Taeny Day.