Invading Personal Space

Random Normalcy

Where Tiffany tries to save time while Taeyeon tries to save her modesty.

 

"Ugh."

 

Ploop.

 

Taeyeon sighs in relief and leans back comfortably. Just as she turns sideways and reaches out her hand, the door suddenly swings wide open. Taeyeon shrieks in surprise as she pulls her shirt down beyond its intended length.

 

"YAH!"

 

Tiffany blinks at Taeyeon and shrugs. She moves to the sink nonchalantly and picks up her toothbrush. Taeyeon watches in horror as Tiffany squeezes the toothpastes onto her toothbrush.

 

"Can't you wait till I am done?" Taeyeon asks exasperatedly. "And what happened to knocking?"

 

"The door isn't locked," Tiffany says before putting her toothbrush into .

 

"That's not the point!" Taeyeon exclaims. 

 

"Theug isug nothing I havemb seen," Tiffany says in between brushing.

 

"But those were intimate moments!" Taeyeon frowns. "There's nothing appealing with me ting."

 

Tiffany narrows her eyes at Taeyeon, abeit via the mirror reflection, before spitting out some of the toothpaste.

 

"Am I suppose to be find you appealing now?" Tiffany asks as she turns around with her toothbrush.

 

Taeyeon sighs in defeat as she tears the toilet paper from the holder. "Can you please stop looking while I wipe myself clean?"

 

Tiffany rolls her eyes, turns back to the sink and continues brushing.

 

Just as Tiffany hears the flushing of the toilet bowl, she immediately shifts slightly to the side to make space for Taeyeon to wash her hands. Tiffany eyes Taeyeon while Taeyeon silently soaps her hands. She wonders if Taeyeon is genuinely upset when she realises that Taeyeon is deliberately avoiding any eye contact through the mirror reflection. 

 

After Taeyeon steps out of the toilet, Tiffany quickly finishes up her routine. When she enters their bedroom, Taeyeon is already in bed under the covers. Tiffany turns off the light and slips into the bed but the silence is bothering her.

 

Tiffany sighes inwardly as she turns and shifts closer to Taeyeon. She sidehugs Taeyeon and leans on her shoulder, to which Taeyeon does not stop her and instead, opens her arm to hold Tiffany closer. Tiffany thinks it is a good sign and kisses Taeyeon's neck.

 

"Are you upset?" Tiffany asks.

 

"No, I am just being self-conscious," Taeyeon replies. "I will get over it."

 

Tiffany takes a moment to think of what to say.

 

"For what it's worth, I still find you appealing."

 

Taeyeon laughs and squeezes Tiffany's shoulder, silently telling Tiffany that she is really alright.

 

Just as Tiffany is about to drift into sleep, she feels Taeyeon's hand sliding down to her rear.

 

"Go to sleep, Taeyeon," Tiffany mumbles.

 

"But you said you still find me appealing!" Taeyeon whines.

 

"And you said you will get over it." Tiffany deadpans.

 

Taeyeon sighs out loud dramatically before moving her hand up to Tiffany's waist to hug her tightly. 

 

Tiffany simply grins and plants a chaste kiss on Taeyeon's neck.

 

"Night, Taetae."

 

"Hmm."

 

-

 

A/N: This is getting weirder by the seconds.