The Proposal

Janics One Shot Application & Compilation [Stop taking in request FTM]

Applicant 1:

 Song Naeul - Age 18. A Korean student that exchanged to Australia. Pretty even without thick make-ups and she dislike to put heavy makeups. Doesn't like people to control, even her boyfriend. Current goals: Studies and sports tournament. Love? Third place. 

 

Starring:

Choi Min Ho (SHINee) - Age 20. A Korean that migrated to Australia because his father got a better job offer in Australia. Very, very observant especially when comes to his girlfriend but sometimes could be very irritating. An overprotective boyfriend. Song Naeul is his and only one in his life. 

 

Description:

 Both Min Ho and Naeul are very well-known couple in their campus (university). Min Ho is extremely extraordinary charismatic while Naeul is really pretty. Both of them are uljjang back in Korea. In a relationship for 3 years. Everyone thinks that they should get married despite their young age and they even won 'The Best Couple' award during their junior graduation night. Min Ho also agrees that they should get married. However, Naeul doesn't want to get married at a very young age. But at the end of the day, will Naeul says 'yes' during the proposal? 

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

 

Artist : Choi Min Ho - SHINee

Title: The Proposal 

Words: 2936 words

For: Joonies - Song Naeul 

Picture: searched through online. Credited to google.com

 

 

Song Naeul walked towards a nearby Subway, thought of grabbing a sandwich before starting her revision. She was extremely hungry because she skipped her breakfast as she was rushing to class. Her friends asked her to join them for a short lunch together and follow them to a club that night but she rejected the offer although she would love to do it.

Two main reasons why she rejected her friends:

  1. Her final exam is around the corner
  2. Her boyfriend, Choi Min Ho doesn’t like her to go such place.

 

These are the HUGE reasons that kill her thought of hanging out with her friends. Don’t get things wrong, although Naeul love to club but that doesn’t mean that is a spoil brat.

When she walked into the restaurant, she took off her long grey cardigan and placed it on her arms. She walked to the counter and held her head up to looked at the menu board.

‘Good afternoon, Miss. May I talk down your order, please?’ A young waiter asked her with a smile.

‘Yes, please.’ She replied politely. ‘What’s today special?’

‘Chicken teriyaki, Miss.’

‘Okay. One chicken teriyaki. Honey oat bread, 6 foot inches.’

‘Okay, any side orders? What vegetable would you prefer?’

‘N-‘

‘She doesn’t eat vegetable. Additional bacon, please. And make it two. Barbeque and thousand island sauce.’ A voice echoed behind before she whips around. She smiled when she saw her boyfriend walking into the restaurant. She knew that was Min Ho.

No one knows her better except Min Ho.

‘Yes sir. Please wait for a moment.’ The waiter replied.

Min Ho walked towards Naeul’s direction and stood next to her.

‘Hey baby.’ He said, while planting a soft, light kiss on her forehead. ‘Hmmm. Did you wash your hair today?’

‘Hey. Yeah, how would you know that? Why are you here? I thought that you have class or something?’

‘I smell the scent of your favourite strawberry lotion. My lecturer took a leave today. No class today.’

‘Then how would you know I-‘

‘How do I know you are here? I’m your boyfriend. Whenever you are rushing for your assignment or preparing for an exam, you will just grab something from here and goes back to library. By the way, I heard that Ferny is going down to Seven tonight. Are you going with them?’ Min Ho asked while raising his left eye brow.

*Ferny is Naeul’s coursemate.*

*Seven is a name of club in Australia.*

‘Are you checking on me?’ Naeul asked while raising her voice slightly. She hated it when Min Ho checked or questioned her private life.

‘I’m concerning.’ Min Ho tried to explain back.

‘Right.’ She replied sarcastically. ‘I’m not going. I have to rush my assignment and my finals are next week.’

‘Good. You knew that I do not like Ferny. She is a bad influence.’

‘Hey! We’ve agreed that we should not interfere our social cycle right?’

‘I know. But you should know how much I dislike her. She is a clubber and she smokes. She can just make out with any guys she want and even-‘

‘Stop!’ Naeul rolled her eyes and tensed up her forehead that caused slight wrinkles. ‘Look, Min Ho. I’m not going to continue this if you are acting like this again. I’m going off now.’

Naeul turned around and made her way to the cashier. She took out 5 dollars from her wallet and gave it to the cashier. She grabbed the sandwich and walked out of the restaurant without looking at Min Ho.

Naeul is very frustrated whenever Min Ho talks about her friends with her. Min Ho will just criticize about her bad influence friends. Oh come on, Min Ho was just a nice but an over protective boyfriend. Good or bad, up to your perception.

Naeul went back to her university and sat on a bench near the school field. She opened her English Literature textbook and started reading while unwrap her sandwich. She enjoyed the moment of being alone despite that she had many friends and obviously her annoying boyfriend.

Soft wind started blowing, swiping the leaves on the ground. A chill shiver and goosebumps attacked her. Her hands automatically went to her bag and search for it but she found that her jacket was not there.

‘Aishhh !!’ She recalled that she felt her jacket at Subway. She placed her jacket on the chair when she was busy ‘arguing’ with her boyfriend.

She stood up and slightly bent down to pack her things, thinking to rush back to Subway collect her jacket. But suddenly soft cotton of cardigan was placed over her body.

‘You left it at Subway.’ Min Ho said while pulling out her long, wavy hair that was stuck in between her clothes.

‘Oh.. thanks.’ She said, trying to hide her surprise feeling that was written all over her face. She sat back down and opened her book again, trying to act cool.

‘Hey, I’m sorry.’ Min Ho murmured.  ‘I promise that I’ll never judge your friend again.’

Her anger went down to zero after Min Ho apologized. Who would still be angry at Min Ho after he has apologized, right?

‘It’s okay. Make sure that you don’t do it anymore okay?’ A wide smile was pulled on her face, releasing a set of white teeth. The wind blew towards her direction and caused her long silky hair in a mess. Min Ho used his fingers and pushed her hair behind her ears. Her natural beauty killed many males in her school but Min Ho managed to stand out of the crowd and won Naeul’s heart.

Both Min Ho and Naeul were voted as the best couple in their university and everyone thinks that they are destined for each other. Even Min Ho thinks that too!

‘Oh.. Mom asked you to come over this coming Saturday. She said that she wants to bake cake. She needs a helper. And daddy bought a new bottle of wine. He wants you to be there. I’ll go over to pick you up, alright?’

‘I cannot make it. I’ve baseball training this coming weekend. The competition is next month. My schedule is fully packed from this week onwards. Please tell Aunt that I’m sorry.’

‘Oh come on, she’s your future mother in law. Don’t you want to have a good relationship with her? You can always change your tutorial time. And you have an awesome boyfriend that is good in sports; he could coach you anytime you want. Plus, you can study in my house after that too. Isn’t that great, honey?’

‘Is there any reason for me to reject anymore? I’ll need to inform my coach first.’

  ‘Okies, I’ll pick you up at 1pm this Saturday. I’m heading to class now. Love you.’ Min Ho bided a goodbye.

‘Alright. Love you too.’

***

Two days later, Min Ho went over to pick up Naeul from her house.

‘You are early today. New flower dress and without manicure?’

‘How you know?’

‘I notice everything about you, don’t you know about that?’

‘You are such a huge stalker, baby.’

‘Only applies to you.’ Min Ho grabbed her waist and gave a kiss on her forehead. ‘Let’s go.’

When they were on the way back to Min Ho’s house, Min Ho hummed songs all the way and a huge smile was spread on his face. Naeul was thinking what was wrong with this boy, acting weird.  

‘Baby, are you okay? You look happy today. Not happy but very indeed.’

‘Nothing, I’m just very happy to see you. I miss you so much.’

‘Aww.. I miss you too.’ Naeul padded his face lightly while Min Ho flashed a smile when he was driving.

When they reached the porch, Min Ho turned off his vehicle engine, got down from his car and opened the passenger seat’s door. Both of them were chatting happily when they were going into the house. When Naeul walked into the house, popping sound of party pops were heard. Min Ho family members were wearing party hats and different colour of balloons were everywhere in the house.

Naeul was pretty shocked when she saw such a condition. A few questions were spinning inside her head when Min Ho family member threw a surprise on her.

 It is not Naeul’s birthday and so do Min Ho. Naeul assured that it was not even their anniversary.

‘Omo. What happened?’ She asked Min Ho while Min Ho just gave her a huge wide smile as a return.

Min Ho’s mother carried a bouquet of flowers and passed it to Min Ho. Min Ho turned around and flashed a smile towards Naeul. He shoved his hands into his pocket and took out a small heart shaped jewellery box and knelt to the ground. Naeul looked scared when Min Ho and his family members were smiling and laughing.

‘What are you doing? Get up!’ Naeul pulled Min Ho up but Min Ho refused to get up.

‘Naeul, I would want you to become my wife and I want to be with you for the rest of my life. I love you with all my heart and soul. Please believe me. Marry me.’ Min Ho confessed to Naeul, leaving Naeul felt lost and startled during that moment.

‘We agreed his proposal when he had this thought 2 months ago. We really hope that you will be our daughter in law. Marry him.’ Min Ho’s father commented.

‘Naeul dear, I’ll pass my son to you. Min Ho loves you and of course, we love you too. Agree to marry him,’ Min Ho’s mother held Naeul’s hand and passed it to Min Ho. Naeul eyes grew as big as ever and swallowed her saliva that caused a lump in . Min Ho was still kneeling to the ground while waiting for Naeul’s answer.

‘Urmmmm.. Min Ho, thank you for throwing such a huge proposal party but… I- I- I don’t think I can accept it. I’m sorry.’ Naeul ran out of Min Ho house after rejecting Min Ho.

 She likes Min Ho very much, as much as Min Ho likes her, but she thinks that it was way too early for them to get married. They are not even an adult yet; teenagers would be a better term to describe them.

 Min Ho that kneeled on the ground, startled for a while before he got onto his feet and chase after his girlfriend. Although his was really hurt inside, he wanted to know what was the main reason of his girlfriend rejected him.

Min Ho ran as fast as he could when he saw his girlfriend was running ahead of him. He increased his speed and he was able to catch up with his girlfriend and grabbed a hold on her right arm.

‘Stop running!’ He pulled her arms to stop her from running further. ‘Why?’ He asked.

The poor girl was crying. ‘I- I- sorry!’ She said.

‘You don’t love me?’ He asked.

‘Noooooo.. I love you but I don’t think this is a right time. We are still very young, Min Ho. I’m just only 18 and you are 20. I do not want to tie everything up in a marriage. You still have to depend on your parents and we still have to go to school. I don’t want to get married at this young age.’ She explained.

True enough, Min Ho is still a schooling boy that is still depending on his parent’s pocket money. They are still studying and getting into a marriage is not as easy as ABC or an additional chopstick during a meal. The responsibility was even bigger compared to going into a relationship.

‘Could you wait for me? Give me 7 years. I want to get married when I’m 25th. I want to focus on my studies and my career first.’

‘What? 7 years? Isn’t that is too long? I want to announce to the whole world that you are mine.’ Min Ho bargained.

‘I’m already yours three years back. 7 years would be fine. I’ll be 25 and you’ll be 27. We can get married on our 10th anniversary. Please.’ She begged.

Min Ho has no choice but to agree to the girl. Although 7 years are really long, but if they really love each other, 7 years would not be a barrier to them.

 

Four years later…..

Song Naeul went back to Korea after her studies and she got a very good job offer in her university. She’s now a lecturer that teaches English Literature and she’s involved in student exchange program. What about Choi Min Ho? He’s still in Australia, working as an engineer in an airlines company and more than 100 staffs are under his control. The next question is, are both of them still in a relationship? Certainly yes. Naeul does always travel back to Australia due to the work and Min Ho always fly back to Korea whenever he is free. They always go online together despite the time zone different. They are still strong in this relationship.

‘Hey dear.’ Min Ho waved to Naeul when they are on skype.

‘You’re punctual.’ She replied.

‘As always.’ Min Ho smirked while Naeul just flashed a smile. Min Ho’s egoistic flew up high when Naeul praises him.

‘How’s work? Are you coming down sooner or later?’ Naeul asked.

‘Tiring. But I’m fine. Nope, can’t make it. Peek season now. I’ve to be in the office.’

‘Alright. I’m not that free either. My students are having finals soon. Additional class and I’ve got to prepare exam papers. So much to do but so little time.’

‘Remember to take a rest when you are tired.’

‘Alright. Winter season is going to hit Korea soon. Put on your thick clothes before you go to work.’

‘Yes ma’am. I’m tired. Going to bed now. Chat with you tomorrow baby. See you soon. I love you.’

‘Alright, rest well. I’m going to bed after I’ve finish my work. Good night. Love you too.’

 

Such communication became their daily communication to keep their distance closer every day. However, Min Ho lied to Naeul. In 4 hours time, he is going to board on the plane back to Korea. He missed her so much.

 

The next day….

Min Ho arrived safely and went to the university that Naeul is teaching. He sneaked into the lecture hall when Naeul was giving her final lecture before the exam period starts next week. He hid himself among those students and Naeul could not figure him out.  Min Ho really had fun watching Naeul teaching in class

 ‘I believe that if you did follow my class all these while, you will be able to excel in the exam. Is there anymore questions?’ Naeul was about to end the class.

Out of sudden Min Ho puts up his hands and Naeul turned and looked at Min Ho. She was pretty shock when she saw Min Ho was sitting at the back of lecture hall.

‘Hi pretty lecturer, can I ask you a private question since today is the final lecture?’ Min Ho started.

‘Omo. Why are you here??’

‘I’m a student here. Of course, I’m in this lecture.’ Min Ho continued.

‘Choi Min Ho. Stop playing and get out of this room. Can’t you see I’m teaching?’

‘I know I know. But you have finish off your lecture right? But can I ask you a very private question, girlfriend?’ The class became chaotic when Min Ho called Naeul as his girlfriend in the class.

‘STUDENTS. KEEP QUIET! CHOI MIN HO, YOU BETTER GET YOUR OUT OF THIS HALL NOW BEFORE I’LL PLUCK ALL YOUR NOSE HAIR OUT.’ Naeul said angrily. Damn you for embarrassing me in front of the class Choi. Min. Ho.

‘I’m not unless you answer my question.’ Choi Min Ho stood up and walked to the front. ‘What if I propose in front of your hundreds of students right now?’

Naeul had no answer but gave a blank stare face to Min Ho. He used his right hand brush through Naeul’s hair and used his magic hand to turn a diamond ring out. He then knelt down to the ground and proposed to her again. Naeul’s students were looking with the jaw hanging when they saw a Mr Charismatic proposed romantically to a Ms Charming. Some of the students started gossiping and whispering around when they saw such scene.

‘Why are you doing this to me?’ Naeul asked.

‘I’m just proposing to you. I don’t think I could wait another 3 more years. I want you to be mine now.’ Min Ho uttered.

The students started cheering when such mushy words came out from Min Ho’s mouth. To a surprise, the students held up a piece of paper that formed two sentences.

Will You Marry Mr Charming?’

‘Please say, “I do”’

Naeul teared when she saw the students held up the play card to help Min Ho’s proposal. One of the students came out with a bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolate and passed it to Min Ho.

‘Will you marry me?’ Min Ho presented them to Naeul.

 Naeul’s tears could not stop flowing out because she was touched. Shee nodded to Min Ho’s proposal and said ‘I do’. Min Ho stood up and gave a hug warm to Naeul.

‘I don’t think I can wait for another three years to be your wife too.’ Naeul said and kissed on Min Ho’s soft lips.

She’s now ready to become Mrs Choi.  

****

 

I'm sorry for the delay. I've cope with other commitments and I was quite pretty busy for the past 1 week. This OS is specially for Joonies that applied under the name of Song Naeul. I hope you like it because I'm pretty loving the romantic idea of Min Ho flying back to Korea just to propose to Naeul in front of her students.

This is a more down-to-earth writing as this might happen in reality. I hope that such romantic scene will happen when your future husband propose to you. I hope you love this story. 

Well, gonna start with another one. Let's see who will be the lucky one next  ^^