[OS] My 'Disaster' Birthday

Janics One Shot Application & Compilation [Stop taking in request FTM]

 

My 'disaster' birthday 

“Saengil chulka haminida,
Saengil chulka hamidha,”


His voice echoed in my ears when I heard someone serenaded a birthday song before I whipped around. 

“Sa rang ha nuen Lee Kyuri,
Seng il chulka hamnida!!”


My jaw was half way hanging in the air. He looked like a manager of the restaurant when he walked out; pushing a trolley after he excused himself to go to the washroom.

He was wearing a black tuxedo with a white working shirt inside; a tie around his neck that was dark and light blue colour; and a pair of shining black coated shoes. His attire was perfect with extra touches by matching them with his favourite Damier Inventeur Louis Vuitton belt and a Rolex Blue Submariner watch on his left wrist. 

My all-time dream man. 

To match up with his attire, I wore my favourite long white tube maxi dress; pairing up with my 5 inches dark brown heels from Aldo, putting on a light make up and carried a Damier Azur Canvas Louis Vuitton dinner bag. I pinned my long, wavy hair up using a long chopstick; exposing my bare shoulders and a pair of white rose earring studs. 

My favourite classy dressing. 

Formal was the only dress code in this ultimate high class restaurant. A huge, beautiful chandelier hanged on the wall and a long red carpet when we made our way up to our seat as the decoration of the hall. Hall lights were dimmed and musicians such as violinists and a pianist were playing in the hall. 

Perfect. 

Perfect dressing with perfect atmosphere, and obviously, with a perfect partner, Kim Jong Hyun. 

On the trolley, there was a huge bouquet of white and red roses, a maroon hemp fabric jewellry box , and a pure white envelope that was written, ‘Happy birthday.’ He gave me his cutest smile ever, with his little small smiley eyes when he was pushing the trolley towards me.

“Happy Birthday baby,” he said and planted his soft moisture lips on mine. 

“What a surprise, huh? By the way, you look like the manager that is working here though.” I , trying to crack up a joke but he gave me a death stare in return. I chuckled at his annoyed face. 

“If I’m a manager of a restaurant, I guess the restaurant will be filled with teenage girls every day. By the way, this is for you.” Kim Jong Hyun picked up the bouquet of flowers that was placed on the trolley and passed it to me. 

“Aw.. These flowers are lovely. Thanks,” I stood up and placed my hands on his shoulder. I gave him a kiss on his cheeks while releasing a set of white teeth in return.

“Are these my birthday presents too?” I walked towards the trolley’s direction and examined what was on the trolley. I wanted more presents instead of just receiving a bouquet of flowers. It was my 25th birthday for goodness sake! 

“Nah…ah…ah don’t be greedy, okay? You have your flowers already and having me in your life isn’t the best gift on earth?” he stopped me from grabbing the present from the trolley. 

I looked at him with my raised eyes brows but he couldn’t care less. I went back to my seat, put both my elbows on the table and rested my chin on my palms. I pouted in silent.

“Aww… Come on. Don’t give me that look because you make me want to kiss you even more,” he teased me but I ignored him and continued pouting.

“Aww… My baby is angry but I don’t care. Merong merong.” He stuck his tongue out but I continued to ignore him. Gosh~ I fell in love with a kid instead. 

“Okay. I give up! Presents will only be rewarded if you passed my request. So, here is a small game set by me, your awesome boyfriend.”

“Again? You always do this to me, darling. I don’t want to play. Exception, please!” I tried to beg him but I knew that he will never give in.

“Alright, spill the rules. As usual, I’ll win at the end of the day.” I smirked while he gave his adorable smile.

“Hehehe.. This is a very easy game and I bet that you’ll do it good. Can you see the letter that is placed on the trolley? Pick it up and walk to the small stage where the pianist is playing her piano now. Open the letter and read it out. It’s so easy, right? Your favourite goodies are with me.” He tempted with my dream set jewelry, Chanel Diamond, South Sea Pearl white-gold earrings and necklace.

“You want to embarrass me, again? Why are you doing this to me on my birthday? You don’t love me anymore!” I will never ever want to embarrass myself especially on my birthday at this freaking 6 class hotel restaurant!

“Awww…. There are no terms in this world that could explain how much I love you and you should know it too, right? And there is no one in the restaurant besides you and I. Why are you panicking yourself? Be sporting, baby!”

“Baby, you know what? I really hate you!”

“But I know that you love me more.” He grinned evilly while I got on my feet, grabbed the letter and made my way up on stage. 

The place was totally empty because Jong Hyun booked the whole restaurant. My legs were shaking because I had stage fright. My racing heart calmed down a little after I saw no one was inside the restaurant besides Jong Hyun and I. 

“What kind of a jerk boyfriend do I have?” I grumbled. 

He smiled to give me a little confidence but it didn’t help at all. I looked away from his gaze because of his awful act, trying to embarrass me in public. I opened the letter and it was an A4 letter that was neatly typed out. When I was reading the content of the letter, I felt like getting off the stage to give a punch to his pointed nose. 

“Read it out loud,” he said.

I was yelling inside my heart but I took a deep breath before I started my speech. 

“Cool down, Kyuri. Cool down!” I said to myself. “Ahem….” I cleared my throat before starting my speech. 

[Those in italics was what in the letter]

“Hey everyone, thank you for spending some of your precious time tonight to celebrate my birthday.” I stopped and look at Jong Hyun that was attentively looking at my presentation. “Yahhh KIM JONG HYUN!! There is no one besides me and you in the restaurant! And am I bothering your precious time by celebrating my 25th birthday? Pffttt.” I asked.

“Hahaha.. Go on, go on. I’m listening.”

“I’m Natasha Eleena, better known as Lee Kyuri and I’m finally 25 today. This is the fourth year that I’m celebrating my birthday with my boyfriend and being with him is my biggest wish ever.” I stopped reading and looked at Jong Hyun, again.

“Yah, pabo! That WAS my biggest wish when you WERE still the lead vocal of SHINee but after today, this moment, NOT ANYMORE!” I said to him before continued my speech.

“I’ve been through many things after I got to know him (yes, this idiot) and my life turned upside down after I got together with him (yes, moron!). This is a little history on how I got to know him.”

Before I started reading it, I blinked my eyes harder and swallowed my saliva that caused a lump in my throat. 

“KIM JONG HYUN!! You are NOT doing this to me! Are you asking me to read out these CRAZY embarrassing moments of us?” I yelled but he nodded and chuckled. My hands were sweating and used my palm to brush along my forehead before reading that out loud, feeling nervous. 


‘This crazy boy spent one hundred and eleven thousand, one hundred and eleven seconds (111, 111 seconds) before deciding to go after me, twenty two thousand, two hundred and twenty two minutes (22, 222 minutes) to get my number. After three thousand, three hundred and thirty three hours (3,333 hours), I became his girlfriend. Our first kiss fell on the four hundred and forty four days (444 days) after I knew him and fiffty five months before I gave him, my…WHAT??” I widened my eyes when I saw this. 

“PABO KIM JONG HYUN!! I’M NOT GOING TO READ THIS OUT.” I shouted at him, again. 

‘I’ll help you then. After fifty five months (55 months) you finally gave your body to me.’ He spilled it out loud while he walked up on stage. My face turned really red as I felt the hot blood rushing through my veins and adrenaline. This blushing was so different as compared to the first time when he showed his 6 pack abs to me. 

“And on our 6th year anniversary (6th years), you are officially going to be my wife and the mother to my children,” he continued while he pulled out a shining diamond ring from his pocket and kneeled down to the ground. 

“Will you marry me?” He asked. 

I felt that my eyes filling with tears and a tear dropped. I didn’t expect that. 

I stood paralyse for quite sometimes while looking into his twinkling eyes. I knew that he would be a great husband and someone that I could rely on in the future. But before I said something, there was a huge chaos when I heard some laughing and chants that drew nearer to us. 

“Oh my god! KIM JONG HYUN! You set up this plan and embarrassed me in front of your friends. AND MINE TOO!” I pushed him slightly and he leaned back a little. He let out chuckles.

His friends came in pairs; Onew with Kak Has, Ki Bum with Janics unnie, Min Ho with Sandy and Tae Min with Anne unnie. My close friends such as Vin unnie, Joey, Dayana and others dropped by too. They kept on chanting and clapping their hands. I looked at Jong Hyun but he gave me a blank face and shook his broad shoulders.

“Kyuri noona, say yes! Marry Jong Hyun hyung. He has been waiting for ages!” Tae Min shouted when his left hand was over Anne’s shoulder.

“Yesh! Kyuri, please say, yes. Your JongJong boy is desperate for you, okay? And I’ll have another baby JinKi coming out soon from Has’s stomach. Jong Hyun has to be quick!” Onew teased and rubbed at Has unnie’s tummy. She was pregnant.

“Kyuri, I’m going to kill you if you don’t say yes because, Janics can’t get married to Key and I cannot ask Sandy to marry me!! Look at Sandy’s desperate face.” Sandy elbowed Min Ho and he slightly bent down while rubbing his chest. Everyone laughed when the two love birds were bickering. 

“Yes yes!!” Key and Tae Min added and everyone chuckled. 

I put my hands up to ask them to keep quiet. I wanted to say something.

“Ahemmm.. Thanks for all the comments. Haha. But can I blow my birthday cake first?” I asked but they gave me a stare as though as I did something wrong for wanting to blow my cake first.

The waitress pulled out a huge cake with a HUGE Mustang car photo printed on the cake. The forever shining SHINee boys leaded the birthday song. I closed my eyes and make a wish. 

“Kyuri, what’s your birthday wish??” Joey asked while she was hugging Kevin, her new boyfriend.

“I thought that I shouldn’t say it out? The wish will not come true if I say it out, right?” I asked for affirmation. 

“Just say only, Kyuri. Jong Hyun will do anything for you. He could even pluck the stars for you if you want.” Key teased.

“Ahemm.. I guess I’ll just say it out loud. It is not a secret anymore. My wish is to…….. Get married this idiot after six years of knowing him!” 

I threw myself at Jong Hyun and agreed to marry him. I closed the gap between both of us and gave a deep kiss on his lips. Everyone clapped their hands and gave their best wishes to us. 

Key suddenly raised his hands up and everyone looked at his weird action. He snapped his fingers and said……….

“AND THE PARTY DON’T START TILL I WALK IN” – Kesha’s song -Tik Tok was played. ‘The second party has just started!’ Key shouted again. 

The lights were off but the colourful spotlights were on. I took off my uncomfortable 5 inches high heel and danced like there was no tomorrow. The party had just BEGUN! I wrapped my hands over Jong Hyun’s shoulder while he put his hands on my waist. I could not stop looking at him the whole night and my cheeks were numbed because I could not stop smiling. That was my best birthday ever.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

“Baby, you know what?” Jong Hyun started a conversation.

“What?”

“You should throw away those 5 inches tall heels. I still prefer you to be shorter than me.”

“Just say you are short. SHORTY!” I teased.

“But you are in love with this shorty, right?” 

“Yes, deeply, madly and truly in love with you.” I pulled him closer to me. I closed my eyes and deepened my kiss to prove that I was really in love with him. 

“Wait!’ I broke the kiss. “What do you like about me? There are so many girls out there that are much prettier than me? Better than me in any sense, right? I’m just a little tiny fan of yours.’ I asked.

‘Are you sure that you want to know?’ He asked while I nodded with a serious look. I really want to know why he picked me instead of other girls out there.

"Hmmm. True enough, there are much better girls out there with y figures and angel looks. But but but……… I fell in love with the girl next door. The girl that loves to write but she is a doctor, a girl that love cars over flowers and make ups, a girl that loves to do magic but always fail, a girl that is calm and steady with everything but this girl doesn’t even know how to cook. I guess, I need to ask Key to give you some cooking lessons before you are officially my wife."

“Yahhh… you are really an idiot.” I wanted to hit his chest but he was able to grab it fast. He lifted up my hand and gave a kiss it and place a 14k diamond ring into my forth finger. 

“Marry me,” he continued and I nodded with tears lingering at the corner of my eyes.

‘By the way, since when were you are good in maths???’ I asked him.

He smiled and turned his head on his left and I followed him. Both of us were looking at Janics and Key that were busy making out beside us. He raised his eye brows to hint that it was Janics that calculated that because he could not never ever figure out such crazy mathematics calculation. He was blind in mathematics. 


Both of us chuckled happily and continued our non finished job. 

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This OS is for a friend of mine because today is her birthday. Happy birthday Lee Kyuri. Btw, she is a writer too ^^