Catch up

My Mistake

Jessica's PoV

"He quit?!"

"Yeah he left quickly leaving for another part of Korea or somewhere with his wife."

That bastard.

I was suppose to tell the father today. But i guess he felt too guilty to even come to work anymore.

Aish this poor kid, your father wont even know about you.

Maybe this was for the best, that bastard wouldn't be able to take news like this anyway.

Aish, what do i do now?

"Ms Jung should i leave the draft for the winter fashion line on your desk?" 

"Yes, leave them there thanks."

Is it okay for me to be working like this?

This job is too stressful, and maybe i should be going on a maternal leave.

 Tiffany walks in our departmnet with two cups of coffee in each hand. 

"Here Jessie have a cup of coffee we'll be here all day, Lee min ju wasn't too happy with the store displays and he wants us to redo the whole thing." 

Ugh that guy is never happy with anything we do. 

"Ughhh" I lay my head on my desk

"Oh your mom came by this morning, along with Krystal. I told them they could wait for you in our apartment." 

Mom already came? I should probably tell her i'm working all day, i'll just send her a text. 

Hopefully she doesnt go wondering around being nosy in the apartment. 

.

.

Yuri's PoV 

I gathered some of the things Jessica forgot to take, a couple of bracelets a few magazines, work books and was this her tshirt or mine?

I bumped into Bora today and she told me that Jessica was staying with them and since their place isn't too far from my university i thought it would be apropriate to drop her things off. 

*ding dong* 

No answer.

I ring the apartment bell again and the door opens. 

But its not anyone i was exepcting. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh mrs Jung." 

"Yuri-yah? Omo come in, come in" 

.

.

.

Well... this is awkward. I didnt expect to see Jessica's mom today.

"How have you been Yuri-yah?" We move to Tiffany and Bora's living room to talk. Are they not home?

"I've been fine mrs Jung" she hands me a cup of coffee and i gladly take it. 

"Mrs Jung? aish Yuri-yah you can still call me Omma like you used to." 

"Ah gomawo Mrs- Omoni" 

"Unnie i've missed you" Krystal runs up to me and hugs me. Its been ages since i seen this kid. 

"Wow your grew up really quickly Krystal!" I pinch her cheeks like i used to when she was still in elementary. 

"Much prettier dont you think unnie?" She grins. 

This kid haha. 

"Yah! Soo Jung stop bothering your sister in law!" 

Sister in law? 

I cough at the sudden title. 

Her mom knows we broke up right?

"I just came by to drop of some of Jessica's things." I quickly finish my cup of coffee and get up from the sofa. 

"Ah i see, stay Yuri-yah it's been so long since we've seen eachother." She tells me to sit back down and i do as i'm told. 

"Ah yeah, Omoni." 

"I know things have been hard, and i'm sorry my idiot of a daughter messed up your relationship." 

"Anni anni omoni, it wasn't her fault. Its nice that we get to focus on what we really want now. Jessica and I decided to be friends again." 

"Ahhh i see...So you talked with my Sooyeon did you? i'm glad she took my advice." 

"Ye Omoni, we properly talked." 

"Unnie~" Krystal runs up to me again and hands me a second cup of coffee. "Gomawo~" 

"It must've shocked you when she told you she's going to be a mom."  

WHAT. 

I spit back the coffee into the mug. 

A MOM? WHAT? 

"What's the matter Yuri-yah?" 

"Your daughter forgot to mention that part." 

"Aish, Jung Sooyeon that girl! aish" 

When i asked her if there was something else she needed to tell me she shouldve told me she was pregnant! 

"I think you need to talk to Sooyeon again Yuri-yah" 

I damn well will. 

"Yeah i should Omoni, and i also should get going now too" I put the mug down and get up from my seat.

"You probably have more classes to attend to" Omoni gets up from her seat and sees me out the apartment. 

"Lets talk again Omoni" I bow

"You too Kiddo" I lower my self to hug krystal. 

"See you soon Yuri-yah" Omoni waves from the apartment and so does Krystal "Bye unnie!" 

I walk back to the train station and take the next one that goes back to my place. 

a mom huh? 

Who would've thought. 

.

.

.

.

.

Jessica's PoV

Yuri: Do you mind if we meet up again and talk? 

Yuri wants to meet up all of a sudden, is there anything else to talk about?

Well, we did decide on staying as friends so i guess she just wants to meet up like what normal friends do.

but wouldn't she ask me more differently, the way she worded her text seems like she has something important to talk about. 

Perhaps i'm thinking way too deeply about one text message. 

What do i reply with? 

Me: Yeah of course

wait, no no no i should reply differently. 

Me: Sure, where and when? 

 

Is that too forward? 
oh what the hell i'll just send it. 

I get back to Tiffs and Bora's apartment or my temporary home to find Mom and Krystal waiting for me.

"Omma~" I run to my mom with my arms wide open and hug her, she hugs back but as soon as we move away from eachother she pinches my ear. Hard. Like she usually does when i've done something wrong.

"Ya! wench!"

"Omma~!"

I should've expected that.

Her oldest single daughter getting pregnant, im just glad she didn't slap the crap out of me. 

"You didn't tell Yuri-yah that you're pregnant?!"

Wait what, how does mom know that. 

"Yuri-yah came around earlier she left some things for you." She points to the sofa which has some of the things ive left at Yuri's apartment. 

"I had to tell the poor girl myself" 

"Omma you told her!" 

"Yah! You didn't tell her so she found out from me!"

"I didn't want to cause her anymore stress thats why!" 

I'm sorry again Yuri-yah...

Oh. Maybe thats why she wants to talk. 

"Its late now, so me and your sister will be staying at a nearby hotel. I'll see you again tomorrow young lady!" Mom picks up her bag and walks towards the door. 

"Bye unnie!" Krys shouts before leaving too. 

"That was a nice family gathering" I forgot Tiffany was in the room. How embarrassing. 

"Jessie i'm way too exhausted from today so i'm going to bed early. Sorry hun" 

"It's okay Tiff i think i might just go straight to sleep too." 

"Good night hun" 

"Good night." 

I sigh, that was a mess. I take the usual blanket and two pillows from the cardboard box i've been keeping it in and lay it on the Sofa which ive been sleeping on for the past few weeks. 

This is no way for me to live, i've really got to move out sometime. 

I walk up to the stuff that Yuri dropped off. Some bracelets...Two cosmopoliton magazines and some of my work books and...Isn't this her shirt? 

It's a black baggy shirt with Mickey and Minnie mouse kissing at the front. It was a shirt i bought for her, she loves mickey mouse. 

I guess this will have to do as pyjamas tonight. 

I slip into some shorts then slip on the tshirt. 

It still smels just like her. And i mean that in a good way. Its got that fresh coconutty smell from her favourite fabric softner she uses. I've missed this smell. I miss Yuri. 

"Uhhh... Jess what're you doing?" 

I was too busy smelling Yuri's shirt to notice that Bora had just come in from work. 

"Uhh...It smells good?" 

"Jess you can't be drinking alcohol!" 

"Im not drunk Bora, it just smelled good okay?" 

"Oh thank God, wait no thats still weird." 

"You know what just forget about it." 

"Anyway, Jess my co-worker handed me a baby book since i told them that you were pregnant."

"Great just tell the whole world." 

"It came up okay?" she hands me the book "Feel free to read it" 

101 things to know about your baby 

Great. This should become useful, since i know nothing about babies or being a mother. 

"Im going to sleep now, night Jessie" 

"Yeah night" I open up the first few pages in the book. First trimester...Placenta...fetus... i guess this will keep me busy. 

I turn off the lights and slip under the covers and pull the shirt up to nose.

kyahhh~ 

This isn't weird right?