Chapter

Nerium
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I forgot what it was like to go out into the city; I had forgotten how busy it was. My shoulder got knocked several times no matter how close I tried to stay to my new carer without invading their personal space, I shudder at the tight squeeze between people, feeling my heart stuttering nervously as I try my best to avoid touching everyone. 

There are many careless people, some on their phones, some reading, some listening to music and some are just walking carelessly Into others. If Yoongi had a tail I would be treading on it, I follow his movements, making sure the heals of his shoes are always in my view. 

"We are almost there" he turns around and talks to me, I stumble into him; surprised at the sudden stop in his tracks.

"I-I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" I burst out, shouting my apology as I take multiple steps away from him, I muscles in my body jerk to prepare myself for getting struck across the face. 

"Be careful!" He mutters urgently as he grabs the string off my jumper and pulls me forwards, I see that I was just about to stumble into a guy who is wobbling on the spot, blatantly drunk, I breathe a sigh of relief, but I feel the warmth of his skin close to mine, I feel my eyes prickle and i inhale a ragged breath.

"Sorry about that..." He lets me go, I look up to him questioningly, my legs quivering slightly "Don't apologise for stumbling into me, it was an accident alright?"

I nod In silence, pursing my lips together; we begin to cross the elongated road, I let multiple thoughts sprawl across my mind. He didn't hit me, does that mean that he will later? Or his he nice like he claims to be? Why didn't he shout at me for almost knocking him over?

I feel a scowl form on my fore head, but Yoongi guesses that it is there for all the wrong reasons "I know" he sighs "I don't think anyone likes school clothes but we have to go and get them" 

I tear myself from my personal thoughts and make my way inside, I wait for Yoongi to walk over to the right uniform, he leads me towards a rack of navy blue blazers with a white logo Imprinted on the pocket, he collects one of them in his arms and holds it out to me.

"This will fit you right?" He bites his lip as he looks at my body size and then the blazer, without a word I tug the blazer into my arms; looking away as I don't want him to be looking at me any longer.

My eyes eventually drift back to him, he has multiple white shirts and a tie that has blue and white vertical stripes; even a skirt that is navy blue, contrasting well with the rest of my uniform.

"Okay we are done!" He says, with a small hint of victory in his tone, he has a small smile on his lips as he collects the blazer from my outstretched grasp. I watch him in fascination as he pays for the clothing, I don't dare look at the price as the cashier bags it all into a purple bag.

I am confused to how he keeps his smile over such a small thing, he looks at me; a sweet pleasure swimming in his eyes. I feel my lips involuntary twitch upwards, his happiness rubbing onto me slightly.  

But as I feel something strange gushing through my veins; I immediately begin to switch off, letting my face drop and my eyes drift away from him. I begin to walk towards the exit of the shop, Yoongi follows shortly behind me, holding the door open for me.

"Thanks" I whisper as I step out into the hectic streets, I press my back into the wall to make sure no one barges past me. Yoongi then ushers me forward with a signal from his hand, I follow him like I did last time, treading on his heals. 

This all feels so strange...

In the car I pay attention more to the passing scenery more so to the point where I seem to forget where I am and the atmosphere in the car. 

"How are you feeling?" His voice echoes through the car, I am pulled away from my concentration of the window view, I look at the back of his head, trying to come out with words.

"I-I'm ok..." I mumble, gnawing at my lip as I look down to my lap, I hear a sigh come from the front of the car.

"We will be home soon ok? I'll show you your room the ill leave you to settle in"

I nod to his words, although the word 'home' glues itself to the front of my head, this is my home now isn't it? I'm going to have to get used to the idea of this.

I close my eyes for the rest of the journey, but they are soon open again as the car comes to an abrupt stop, I hear the gentle hum of the engine cut off as Yoongi takes the keys from their slot. I get out of the car and let my eyes be captivated by the house or should I say mini castle. 

To me this house is extraordinarily humongous, it looks like it has three floors, I can't help but let out a tinge of excitement; my hands curl up into happy fists.

"Here, take the keys, its the brass key" He smiles at me kindly, again, collecting the bags from the back of the car after he throws the keys in my direction. I easily catch them, clutching them to my chest. I stare at the hazel door which is now slightly intimidating, my hands begin to tremble as I pace towards the door.

There is a tree out front which is weeping its blossoms away, the pretty pink tears lay on the fresh grass, which is surrounded by shrubs and various different types of flowers. I find comfort in having such docile things to peer at, somehow a flower makes me less lonely than a human does...

I reach the door, lodging the key in the lock. With am easy twist the door clicks open, I pull down the handle and let myself in, taking the keys with me. I am greeted by the sweet smell of lemon, the house is scarcely decorated, yet it seems so full. Oak table at the door way, tiled floors, white walls. On the table there is a straw basket which I carefully place the keys, I spot a grandfather clock just beside the marble set of stairs which is accompanied by a railing.

I timidly step further inside, seeing a room to my left which contains a sofa and a television, a stack of games beside the television matches the num

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter