Prologue

Nerium
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-Prologue-

"Daddy? I'm home!"

I shout as I close the door softly, taking off my shoes and putting them on the cluttered shoe rack.

"Don't ing shout! Where do you think you are!"

I walk carefully into the darkness of the livingroom, a token of light coming from the television, I hold my suddenly shaking arm "I'm sorry"

I get on my knees and begin to pick up the empty beer bottles, as I pick up the ones from the couch they clatter, he shoves me by my chest

"Don't make so much noise! Didn't I tell you to shut up?!"

I fall back but catch myself on my hands, I immediately apologize, bowing my head in shame as I collect the rest and head to the kitchen to put them in the bin.

I ignore the slight pain in my chest from the force of his shove, regardless, it was my fault, I made to much noise. I grab a bottle of beer from the fridge, going into the livingroom to hand it him.

"What would you like for dinner?"

I ask, standing away from him, knowing he dosen't like my contact.

"Anything, Everything you make tastes like anyway..."

He mumbles as he drinks his beer, the liquid that dosen't quite make it into his gob dribbles down the sides of his mouth, pooling In his chest and staining his shirt, I can't help but stare in disgust.

"What the are you looking at me like at for you ing ! Make me food!" He throws a bottle at me, it smashes against the wall beside where I stand, I hide the tremor of fear that shakes through me as I go into the kitchen and prepare a microwave meal, just for him.

On my way in I clutch a dustpan and brush in one hand, his food in the other, I carefully tread over to him, placing his food on the arm of the couch, he kicks me away with his foot, I stumble and my arm smacks into the wall, I deserved that, I was in the way of his television.

I get down on my knees, sweeping up the broken g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter