Chapter 3

Playing the Part [hunhan AU]

My heart flutters in my chest as Luhan runs a hand through my hair and around my neck. He pulls me close, a wolfish grin on his face. I return it, my confidence building. His breath fans my lips and I lean in but he stops me with a finger on my lips.

I kiss his finger and he smiles softly before leaning in, our noses almost touching. I let out a breathy whimper to let him know I'm waiting and he's teasing me. He leans in further, replacing his finger with his lips and I smile before kissing him back.

His arms slide around my neck, pulling my closer. Hesitantly, I hold his waist in one hand and slide my other hand up into his hair, threading my fingers through his soft locks. He moans quietly against my lips, smiling.

"God you're perfect," he murmurs softly, so soft I barely hear it.

"Hm?" I ask.

"Oh... Nothing," he says quietly, smiling before pulling me back in for another kiss.

~

"Are you and Luhan-shii still a thing?" Kai asks.

I nod. "Yeah, I think so... We went out last night."

"Sehunnie... I... I think he slept with Xiumin-shii last week," he says quietly.

I wince. "R-Really?"

"I-It's just a rumor," he adds quickly. "Luhan-shii does his own thing, you know... But I think you know that. I just don't want you to get hurt."

I nod. "Yeah... Thanks Jongin-ah. You've been a really good friend."

He smiles. "No problem."

"So... What have you heard about Luhan-shii?" I ask, my curiosity getting the best of me.

He chuckles. "Nothing really, he used to sleep around a lot."

"Do you know what happened between him and his ex?" I ask.

"Curious, aren't you?" he says, teasingly. "I've heard a couple of rumors that it was Kris-shii and then I heard it was Chanyeol-shii so... I'm not sure."

"Apparently his ex hurt him really bad?" I ask.

He nods. "I'm sure it's still a sensitive topic for him, it was his first boyfriend. First love... You never really get over them."

I nod. "Yeah, I know what you mean..."

He gives me a sad smile. "You have an ex too?"

I nod. "Yeah... I swore off dating and never wanted to let myself fall for someone again."

"And what about Luhan-shii?" he asks.

"It's not... A definite thing. He's definitely a lot sweeter than I expected," I admit. "But I'm still not sure..."

He chuckles. "We'll see what happens."

~

I watch as a couple pass by, one boy much taller than the other. One of them has a cute, round face with large ears, the other with a cute, innocent face. I watch as the shorter does aegyo, putting his hand out in a v sign as he winks, opening his mouth wide. The taller laughs, showing off bright white teeth.

"That's Baekhyun-shii and Chanyeol-shii," Kai says, coming up to me. "They're known as Chanbaek."

"Which one's which?" I ask.

"Chanyeol-shii's the taller," he answers.

"Luhan-shii's..." I start.

"Possible ex? Yeah," he confirms. "It hasn't been confirmed yet... Only his group knows. The information never leaves the group."

"Chanyeol-shii seems kind of cute," I admit.

He chuckles. "Your boyfriend's ex... Besides, he and Baekhyun-shii are serious."

I shrug before doing aegyo. "Maybe he'll fall for this."

He sighs. "Once he knows what you're really like, no way."

I hit his arm. "Why? I'm nice!"

"After you run around, throwing all of my stuff everywhere and poke me all the time just to annoy me?" he asks, sighing. "Of course not, you little ."

I simply grin. "You know you love me."

He gives me a small smile, shaking his head. "You're lucky."

~

"You slept with Xiumin hyung that time we all stayed over?" Tao asks.

"Yeah," Luhan answers nonchalantly.

"But aren't you with Sehun-ah?" Tao asks.

"He's too innocent to do the things that Xiumin hyung and I do," Luhan replies.

I wince at the confirmation and lean into Kai. I stop in front of the door to the room, my eyes wide in surprise, hurt, and shock. Kai slides his arm around my shoulders and pulls me past the room. My anger and hurt starts to bubble up inside of me.

As soon as we turn around the corner, I push Kai up against someone's locker and kiss him hard. His lips aren't nearly as soft as Luhan's but they're full and have a roughness that Luhan's don't have. There are a few gasps and whispers that I don't miss. "Is that Sehun-shii?" "Isn't he Luhan-shii's boyfriend?" "He's so hot..." "Won't Luhan-shii be mad?" "I wonder what Luhan-shii thinks..."

I block out the voices and focus on Kai. When I pull away, he's looking at me with wide eyes. He pushes me off, shaking his head slightly. I can see that his body's shaking and I instantly think back to what I just did.

"Have you any idea... How bad Luhan-shii's going to hurt me?" Kai asks, looking up at me with eyes not full of rage but of sadness and hurt.

"I'm the one who kissed you," I say. "It'll be my fault, not yours."

"But can't you see?" Kai shouts, pulling me away from the other students. "Luhan-shii likes you. No matter what people tell you, I'm going to have to deal with the consequences, not you."

"He slept with Xiumin-shii, Jongin-ah," I say, my voice breaking. "The night we were all at Xiumin-shii's house, he slept with him. When we were dating. When I was his boyfriend. He still slept with Xiumin-shii."

"I told you, he does what he wants," he answers, voice cold.

"And the way he said it today, it sounds like he didn't regret it either," I say quietly.

"Oh Sehun-ah..." he says softly, putting his hand on my shoulder. "He likes you. Everyone who knows what Luhan-shii's like, knows he has a soft spot for you. It's obvious that he likes you a lot."

"No, he doesn't," I say.

Kai chuckles. "You're so oblivious."

"Am not," I say, pouting.

He gives me a sad smile. "You are... Because you have no idea what you do to me."

~

"Luhan-shii, Luhan-shii!" a group of girls shout, running up to him.

I back away, hiding behind the corner as I listen to the conversation.

"Hey," he says, flashing them a wide smile but I can tell it's fake and tense.

"Sehun-shii cheated on you!" one of them exclaims. "With Kai-shii!"

I wince and shut my eyes tight.

"Ah, did he?" he asks.

They all nod their heads. "Yeah, we all saw it!"

"Ah..." he says.

"What are you going to do about it?" one of the girls asks.

"Nothing," he answers before turning and starting to walk away.

The girls share a look before tapping his shoulder. Luhan turns to face them.

"Why? Don't you always punish the people who play with your toys?" one of them asks.

"He's not my toy," Luhan answers curtly.

"Well don't you punish people who try anything?" they ask.

"I cheated on him first," Luhan says quietly.

They all gasp. "Really?"

"Why are you surprised?" Luhan asks. "I thought that was expected of me."

"We... We just thought you really liked Sehun-shii and wouldn't do that," they say.

Luhan shrugs. "I guess you thought wrong."

And with that, he turns and walks away... Towards me. I go to hide but it's too late. He sees me. His eyes widen in surprise and he goes to turn the other way only to see the group of girls.

"Did they set you up here?" Luhan demands, eyes narrowed as he approaches me.

"N-No," I stutter.

He sighs and ducks his head. "I'm sorry."

I shake my head. "It's fine... We're fake anyways, right?" I force a smile onto my face.

He flinches and closes his eyes, sighing. "Yeah..."

For some reason, the fact that he was affected by what I said makes my heart break a little bit.

He looks up at me, giving me a tight smile. "I'll see you around." He pats my shoulder before walking off.

"Wait," I say, the words slipping out before I can stop them.

He turns to look at me. "Hm?"

"Are you going to hurt Kai-ah?" I ask, my uneasiness taking over.

He lets out a soft breath before shaking his head. "No."

"Thank you..." I say, letting out a breath that I didn't realize I was holding.

"You know... If you'd rather date him, just say so..." he says. "I'll let you go."

"Do you want to?" I ask.

"What?" he asks.

"Do you want to let me go?" I ask.

He pauses before letting out a long breath. "I... I gotta go..."

I watch as he turns and walks off. This time, I don't stop him.

"That went well," a voice remarks.

I turn to see Kris walking over with Tao.

"Were any of you even going to tell me?" I ask, unable to hide my rage.

"You really don't know, huh?" Kris remarks.

"No, obviously I know everything," I deadpan.

He chuckles. "You're going to have to figure it out yourself. No one's ever gotten as far as you have. So if you want to know, you gotta find out yourself."

"Kris hyung... Just tell him a bit," Tao says from his side.

Kris pulls Tao close and whispers something in his ear. Tao flushes before kissing Kris and walking off. Kris ruffles his hair as he passes by.

"We're not your average group," Kris says.

"Tell me something I don't know," I say with a sigh.

"We don't stay with one person... Well at least Luhan hyung doesn't. We fool around with... The people in our group," he says. "L-Luhan hyung... Slept with Xiumin hyung."

"I know," I say flatly, too tired to be angry or upset. "He did the night we all stayed over."

"He tends to sleep around a lot," he adds.

I sigh. "I had a feeling."

"But from what I know, he hasn't been with anyone since," he says.

I shrug. "Okay."

He sighs before putting his hand on the side of my face. "Hey, don't worry... In the end, he'll come back to you or let you go. It won't continue forever."

I look at him and he caresses my cheek before walking off.