Don't Get Mad, Get Even

Just Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Four.

Don't Get Mad, Get Even

 

Jennie scoffed before a wicked smile slowly appeared on her lips. “Here, you can have my salad.” Grabbing her tray, she dumped the content onto Saeyeon until the very last piece of lettuce was on her head. The whole cafeteria erupted into murmurs as Saeyeon gritted her teeth. It took all of her to not grab the from across the table and slam her down on the ground.

Leaning in, Jennie smirked victoriously.

“I’m the queen around here, and you got another thing coming if you think you can mess with me.” 

3354

 

 

 

As Jennie and her posse snickered and walked away, Saeyeon slowly stood up with her fists clenched. A part of her was mad at herself for letting that happen and not doing anything about it, but another part of her was calm and collected and already planning the ’s tragic demise.

Scoffing at the piece of lettuce on her shoulder, she dusted it off and grabbed her bag. With her head held high and chin up, Saeyeon walked out of that cafeteria as if nothing happened. In fact, she smirked. Jennie was right about her being at the bottom of the food chain, and Saeyeon had already expected that much. She didn’t simply just walk onto this campus, thinking she’d make everyone fear her. Saeyeon had to rightfully earn that fear. And just because she was at the bottom of the food chain didn’t mean she couldn’t climb up the social rankings. And climb she will. As the new girl, she already had everyone’s attention in the palms of her hand. Saeyeon just needed to put it into good use and have it benefit her in the long run.

And she had the perfect idea.

But first, she needed a shower, pronto. Saeyeon didn’t need to touch the top of her head to know that she was completely drenched in Italian vinaigrette. She could smell the stench perfectly fine, and ugh, how she wanted to get out of this stained uniform. Glancing at her phone, she looked at the time. There were about thirty minutes left of lunch if she remembered correctly, and that was plenty enough time for her to shower in the locker rooms and get cleaned up.

Now if only she remembered where exactly they were.

She remembered Youngjae showing her, but sheesh, why was the school so freaking big??

Ignoring the whispers she received while walking down the hall, Saeyeon turned a corner and abruptly fell down on impact. “Oomph.”

“Watch where you’re going,” the person snapped.

Saeyeon narrowed her eyes and looked up to see probably the last person she wanted to see her in a state like this.

“Saeyeon?” When the stranger realized who she was, he changed his tone immediately. “What happened to you?”

“Bobby,” she tightly smiled in recognition. “What a pleasure.”

Not.

Bobby awkwardly offered his hand, which she rolled her eyes and reluctantly took. He then examined her in concern as he realized she was a mess. “I, uh, didn’t realize it was you. I’ve been trying to look for you all day. What happened to you?”

“Well you found me,” Saeyeon shortly replied, brushing her skirt.

“Yeah, and you’re a mess. Who did this to you?” he asked, reaching out to pull off a piece of lettuce in her hair.

Saeyeon pushed his hand away. “What? Are you going do something about it?” Bobby remained silent, and she dryly laughed. “That’s what I thought. Now if you excuse me, I have to go find the locker rooms.” Stalking off, she turned a corner.

“The locker rooms are actually that way,” Bobby hollered, pointing to the opposite direction that she went in.

“Damn.” Saeyeon shut her eyes and exhaled. Slowly, she backtracked and walked the other way with a plastic smile. She tried her best to ignore the fact that Bobby was tailing her like some freak stalker, and she did for about two minutes, but his steps were purposely mimicking hers, and it was irritating to say the least.

“What do you want, Bobby?” she curtly asked, spinning around to face him.

Bobby feigned innocence. “What? Can’t I use the hallway? I’m just walking to class.”

“Really? And what’s that?” Saeyeon inquired, not believing him. She watched his lips curved into that cheeky smile that once—. Shaking her thoughts away, she waited for an answer.

“Gym,” he replied. Just then, Bobby walked to the end of the hallway and pushed open the exit. “Well? Do you want me to show you where the locker rooms are at or not? Or do you have some other person who can show you?”

Saeyeon stared at him in contemplation.

“Fine,” he shrugged, walking out the door.

Rolling her eyes, Saeyeon darted forward to catch up.

“Here’s the girl’s locker room,” he said, when they arrived to an open doorway.

“If you’re expecting any ounce of gratitude, you’re out of luck,” Saeyeon sighed. Was she thankful? A little. Was she going to tell him that? Nope.

“I’m actually feeling pretty lucky right now,” he admitted. “I mean I found you, didn’t I?”

Uninterested at what he could have possibly meant by that, Saeyeon glanced past him to see an identical doorway to the one in front of her. “Huh.” Without a word, she strode over and entered that one.

Alarmed, Bobby ran after her. “Uh, Saeyeon, this is the boy’s locker room.”

“Yeah, I know, I saw the sign,” she uttered with a nonchalant nod. Immediately she walked further into the locker room and made her way to where the showerheads were located.

“What are you doing? You’re not supposed to be in here,” he knitted his brows together.

“Isn’t it obvious?” she stated with a ‘duh’ look.

Removing her shoes and pulling off her overalls, Saeyeon started ing her uniform in front of him. She didn’t fail to notice at how Bobby didn’t even bother to look away and raised a brow. With a slight smirk, she then pulled out her tucked shirt and took it off as if it didn’t particularly matter that the person standing in front of her was a hormonal teenage boy who was currently slightly aroused.

“What do you think I'm going to do in the locker room, idiot? I’m gonna take a shower,” she told him. Just about as she was going to unlatch, Saeyeon stared at him. “Well are you just gonna keep gawking at me like a complete idiot or are you gonna go keep watch?” she inquired, placing a hand on her hip.

Rapidly blinking, Bobby stuttered. “I, uhm, yeah, I-I-I’ll be right outside.”

As Bobby walked away with his head lowered, Saeyeon watched him repeatedly smack his forehead (probably from embarrassment) and chuckled. There was just something so empowering about being able to tease someone, and not in a bully kind of way, but in a hormonal-damn-I-need-you-girl kind of way. Guys were too easy to manipulate. They were all pigs and wanted one thing, and one thing only.

“A towel would be nice too!” she hollered.

And lucky for her, Saeyeon was capable of giving that one thing. Or at least teasing at it to her advantage.

The shower was refreshingly short and sweet, but overall, it was exactly what she needed to clear her head and clean her hair. Bobby had been the perfect gentleman, bringing her a towel, some scented shampoo, and even an extra pair of clothes (if his gym clothes counted for anything). He had slipped in and wordlessly left it by the doorway, standing guard so no freshmen of some sort would accidentally walk in on her.

He was being nice, but for Saeyeon, that didn’t change a thing.

Turning the knob off, she wrapped herself in a towel. As she was about to put on her clothes, something caught her eyes. From afar, she could see the outline of a person and immediately Saeyeon scoffed at the lurker in the shadows.

So much for guarding the door, Bobby.

Without a word, she slipped into her spandex and into the large white t-shirt Bobby gave her. The hem of the shirt reached a little higher than her mid-thigh, and Saeyeon looked down, satisfied, because damn, she looked good. She was almost thankful for Jinny or whatever for doing what she did. She hated that uniform anyhow. Ruffling her hair with the towel, Saeyeon then glanced back to see the creeper in a different spot.

“Wow,” she muttered. “Enjoy the show, ert?” Saeyeon directly asked, grabbing her clothes.

Eyes widened, the stranger backed away, caught. “It’s not w-w-what it looks like.”

“Well I think it’s exactly what it looks,” she countered, walking towards him.                       

The boy with perhaps the chubbiest of cheeks and widest of eyes lowered his head in shame. “S-Sorry. I didn’t know anyone was in here. I mean, well I knew someone was in here… I just didn’t know that that someone was a girl and had I known I would have…”

“Would’ve what? Would’v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter