Something Wicked This Way Comes

Just Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Two.

Something Wicked This Way Comes

3103

 

 

 

 

The car ride to Club Nokia was an uncomfortable one, but Saeyeon concluded that Hanbin’s discomfort was ultimately her joy, so she didn’t really mind the awkward silence between the two of them. She simply looked through her phone to pass the time.

To think… that she had spent the last five years planning for a moment like this with Hanbin, and here she was doing absolutely nothing. You’d think she’d be more productive, but Saeyeon was no fool. There was a precise plan, and she had to stick to it, so scroll down her feed she must.

No matter how much she wanted to unleash Hell onto the person currently next to her.

“So when are we leaving?” Saeyeon chimed when they finally arrived to the location.

“There is no we,” Hanbin emphasized, getting out of the car. “I’m leaving on my own time. Don’t come looking for me.”

“Well then how am I supposed to get home?” she countered with a corked brow.

Hanbin shrugged, not even attempting to hold back his lack of sympathy. “That’s none of my business, now is it?”

Saeyeon scoffed at how he childishly mocked her using her words. “Are you serious? We had a deal.”

Hanbin stopped and looked back at her, uninterested. “I said I’d take you here; that was the deal. I never agreed on having to take you back home. Find your own ride.”

“Wow.” Saeyeon snorted in disbelief. “How mature, big brother.”

“Yeah, yeah, so was what you did this morning.”

“Still bitter?” she inquired tauntingly.

Hanbin ignored her. “Have fun being alone, sis. I hope you know how to hail a cab,” he smugly said before walking towards the entrance and leaving Saeyeon behind.

Unaffected, she tilted her head and smirked. “Who said anything about being alone?”

Loud music played through various speakers, sending the walls in to vibrations as Saeyeon entered the club. The smell of alcohol, cigarettes, and sweat lingered in the air as bodies moved, rubbed, and grinded against one another to the pumping beat.

Club Nokia was known for its lively nights and student attendees, so the fact that half of Daewon High’s student body was present tonight was of no surprise.

Saeyeon scanned the vicinity and immediately spotted Hanbin making his way towards what she assumed the V.I.P section. There, she noticed familiar faces, and instantly, her stomach churned in disgust. She watched him greet his friends and laugh at something that probably wasn’t even remotely funny before she turned her heels and made her way into the crowd. The disgust Saeyeon felt only fueled the fire within, and slowly the anger took over.

Effortlessly, she strutted forward.

There was someone she had to look for, but Saeyeon had a strong gut feeling that somehow he would end up finding her.

Let the games begin.

 

 

--

 

 

“What the hell took you forever, man? Did you go to Japan or something?”

That was the first thing Hanbin’s right hand man, a.k.a his best friend Bobby, asked him when he finally arrived to their closed-off sitting area.

Slumping into his seat, Hanbin laughed at the irony. “Actually, it was New Zealand,” he joked. “But nah, Saeyeon was taking a ing millennium to get ready.”

“Your sister?” Bobby raised his brow, instantly pushing the nameless girl off of his lap. Interested, he sat forward. “You mean she’s here?”

Reluctantly, Hanbin nodded, downing the nearest alcoholic beverage he could get his hands on. “Yeah. The blackmailed me to bring her here. I had no choice.”

“Saeyeon did that? Damn, I haven’t seen her in forever,” Jinhwan commented, setting down his drink. “I don’t think I even remember how she looks like.”

Half-listening, Bobby glanced around the thick crowd. “Where, uh, is she anyways? Your sister.”

“Probably looking for Junhoe or something,” Hanbin huffed, downing yet another shot. “I don’t know, and I don’t care. I’m gonna go look around for Jennie before I head to the bar. Want anything?”

Bobby swiped his thumb over his bottom lip in contemplation and shortly after shook his head. “Nah, I’m good, man. I’m, uh, gonna go check out the dance floor. Catch you guys later.”

Hanbin furrowed his brow, giving Bobby a strange look as he walked away. “What’s up with him?”

Jinhwan only shrugged. “Hell if I know. But hey, I’ll take some scotch.”

Rolling his eyes, Hanbin left.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the club, Saeyeon took haven at the bar. After escaping from the mess that was the blob of terrible dancers, she decided that she needed a drink, pronto. She wasn’t exactly in the dancing mood, especially after being squished by random strangers, but she figured that with the help of a drink or two, she’d be on that dance floor in no time. Now if only her drinks were finished.

“Are you sure you’re old enough to be in here?” the bartender scrutinized, pouring some gin into a metal container before screwing the lid on. “You look a little young to me.”

Amused, Saeyeon chuckled, crossing her legs. “Is that supposed to be a joke? An ice breaker?” she mocked. "Are you a concerned samiritan?"

Slightly offended, the bartended refuted. “As a matter of fact, I am.”

“And yet here you are serving drinks to minors. How honorable of you,” Saeyeon sarcastically spewed.

“Courtesy doesn’t pay the bills, or my tuition, but I do nice things here and there. Out of human decency. Ever heard of it?” he remarked with a sigh, shaking the container. Opening the lid, he poured the content into a glass full of ice cubes. “One dry martini on the rocks, here you go.” Placing the drink in front of her, he then went on to making his next customer’s beverage.

“You’re lucky you’re cute,” Saeyeon took a quick glance at his nametag and sent him a friendly grin. “Kyungsoo.”

“I’m also gay,” he added (just in case she was hitting on him).

Unfazed, she smiled and slid him a hundred dollar bill. “Even better. Here.”

“This isn’t what you owe,” Kyungsoo frowned, immediately setting down the mixer.

Saeyeon shrugged matter-of-factly. “I was never good at math anyways.”

For a moment, Kyungsoo said nothing, but he momentarily let out a chuckle. “Well looks like someone does know human decency,” he said, sounding amused. “Thanks.”

A sly smile lingered on her lips.

The poor bartender had no idea the bill had strings attached.

Grabbing her drink, she turned around and browsed the crowd for her target. It didn’t take long for Saeyeon to stop her search when she felt someone eyeing her from afar. In the center of the dance floor, a stranger sent her a confident smirk.

Today must have been Saeyeon’s lucky day, because she was absolutely positive that the stranger staring at her wasn’t, in fact, a stranger at all; with his small eyes and protruding nose, Goo Junhoe was nearly impossible to misidentify. She took in his every feature and noted how tall he had become over the years. Puberty served him well, Saeyeon would admit that, but it didn’t change what he did to her and what she was about to do to him.

So she sent him a flirty smile in which he instantly reciprocated with a shameless wink. Sipping on her martini, she waited for him to approa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter