Apology

Just Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Fifteen.

Apology

3137

 

 

 

 

Anger in the male specimen was supposed to be terrifying, but to Kim Saeyeon, she only found it to be either two things: an amusing past time or so ing hot.

Sometimes it was both.

"Are you two really going to keep this up?! It's ing been three weeks," a loud voice snapped.

Song Yunhyung seemed to be an exception, though. 

Saeyeon loosened her grip on the broom she was holding and glanced his way, making a beeline with her gaze to the person whom the boy was apparently angry at. Bobby was simply standing there, his face void of any emotion. In his hands was a broom just like hers, but instead of mimicking her loose grip, his grip tightened, and she could see his knuckles turning white. 

Oh boy, this is going to be fun, she sarcastically thought. 

Just like Yunhyung said, it indeed had been three weeks, which meant the detention sentence she and the rest were given was now over (thank God). Detention with thirteen boys, all who clearly detested the other's presence, was no walk in the park, but it was manageable to say the least. There seemed to be a mutual, deafening-silent agreement between both groups, Saeyeon included, to go through the punishment together as civilized and undisturbed as possible. But still, that didn't stop the occasional insults and rude remarks they threw at each other. 

As tedious as the punishment was, she benefited from it. She knew better than to cause any more ruckus, especially after assaulting the director's daughter of all people, so whenever detention rolled around and she was stuck in that dreaded room, Saeyeon simply observed. 

From that, she concluded several things on her own. 

One, there was an obvious rift between Hanbin and Bobby. 

Two, that rift was beginning to affect their entire circle of friends. 

 And three, it was all because of her.

She was pleased.

With a light hum, she continued to half-heartedly sweep the gym floor. Although detention was done and over with, the group of students still had cleaning duties for yet another two weeks. To think they were chaebols and all, the future of South Korea, yet here they were cleaning Daewon High's gigantic gym on a lazy Tuesday afternoon.

It only seemed to serve as a big reminder that they were, after all, still teenagers.

This part of their punishment was different from the former. Saeyeon couldn't simply just observe anymore. She actually had to engage in physical activity, and instead of having all thirteen of the students together, they were splitted into three teams. The team she was randomly placed in consisted of her, Youngjae, Bobby, Yunhyung, and Donghyuk. If she was given a choice, she would've chosen to be in a team that consisted of a majority of GOT7 members. She'd rather be with them than any of iKON (she learned that dumb-and-dumber title about a week ago).

Oh how she hated the concept of randow drawings. At least she had Youngjae. 

Although... Saeyeon wouldn't have mind being on a team with JB.

The two of them had gotten closer ever since that night where she had dinner with his family. She went over once more just last week, and to simplify, things between them were becoming much more comfortable. They were definitely getting close. And it was only natural that they'd get close, Saeyeon would tell herself. They hung out at school and were next-door neighbors after all. The boy had definitely gotten a lot bolder with this playfuless, and she, unknowingly, had gotten much more open to it.

A loud bang snapped her out of her thoughts, and she turned to look for the source. 

Bobby still had his broom in his hands, which meant...

Her eyes stopped at Yunhyung. About two feet away from him was his mop; it was surprisingly snapped in half, but Yunhyung didn't seem to particularly care that he had just damaged school property. His eyes were far too busy glaring at a certain someone. If looks could kill, Bobby would be, needless to say, dead. Without another word, Yunhyung stormed out of the gym with a desperate, conflicted Donghyuk following him right after. 

"What the actual ," Youngjae cursed under his breath. "I'm in charge of turning in the equipment and that just went and—" 

Drowning out as what she knew would be the beginning of one of Youngjae's many usual rants, Saeyeon earnestly watched Bobby continue to sweep the floor as if nothing happened. This made her furrow her brows, and the crease only deepened when she realized his knuckles were still white.  

Huh.

"—who does Song Yunhyung thinks he is?! Who the hell do any of them think they are? Don't they realize I could ruin all of them with all the dirt I have on their entitled, stuck up, stupid-asses?! I'm not the Gossip Keeper for nothing! And I—" 

"Youngjae," Saeyeon calmly began. 

"What?!" he hissed, causing her to slightly chuckle. 

See, it is amusing.

"Breathe," she advised with a teasing grin. "You're going to pop a vein at this rate, hon." 

He didn't respond which amused her only more. 

"I heard counting down backwards from ten works." 

Youngjae scoffed and glanced at her. "I was the one who told you that." 

"Then take your own advise, dork." 

All signs of anger were soon wiped off his face, and he groaned. "I ing hate them." 

"You and me both, Youngjae. You and me both." 

"God, I swear if I get in trouble.." 

"If anything, we're all going to get in trouble for the broken mop," Saeyeon corrected.

Youngjae sighed. "I better go put this away before Mr. Son finds out. You coming?" 

Saeyeon didn't answer him as she watched Bobby set down his broom, stuff his hands into his pockets, and walk towards the exit. 

"That's a no, huh," answering the question himself.

She sent him a quick grin before handing him her broom. "Sorry, Youngjae. I have to go do something real quick. Tell the guys I'll see 'em tomorrow." 

Unamused, he scoffed. "What? What do you have to do?" 

"If I tell you, I'll have to kill you," she shrugged.

"You're already killing me, woman," he rolled his eyes. "Remind me, why are we friends again?" 

Saeyeon feigned hurt and gasped as she swung her backpack over her shoulders. "Is that the sound of regret, I hear? It's almost been month, Choi Youngjae, you can't back out being my friend now. Don't say such hurtful things." 

"Okay, okay," Youngjae muttered in acknowledgement. "Just go. I'll see you tomorrow." 

"Huh. Look at that. You're already trying to get rid of me," she narrowed her eyes accusingly.

Youngjae raised the mop in his hand and pretended as if he was going to hit her. "Yah, just go already, will you?! If not, then help me put away this , you walking paradox." 

"You know you love me," Saeyeon sang with a chuckle before darting towards the exit. 

Once she was out of the gym, the friendly smile on her face slowly faded, and she turned the corner.

It didn't take long for her to catch up with Bobby. He didn't seem to be in any rush. 

Still, he was a good several yards ahead of her, and that was because Saeyeon still didn't know exactly how she was going to approach him. All she knew was that she needed to. The rift between Hanbin and Bobby needed to be greater, and she planned to make it so.

So she was, for lack of better word, following him. 

They were almost off school grounds when Bobby turned around, as if he knew she was close by. 

She stopped her tracks, caught. Her breath nearly hitched at the intense eye contact. 

Instantly, her phone went off, and she broke away from his gaze to answer the call. Her brows furrowed when she realized it was Bobby who was calling her. 

Curse the cleaning duty instructor for forcing them all to exchange numbers.  

Nonetheless, she picked up. "Yes?"

"Hey."

"What?" 

There was a moment of silence before he spoke.

"Are you free right now?" 

"Depends. What do you want?" 

"I'm hungry, and I want to talk. Want to gr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter