The Blind Date, Part Two: Noona, You're So Pretty

Just Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter Twelve.

The Blind Date, Part Two: Noona, You're So Pretty

3645

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you sure this is going to work?”

“It’s practically bulletproof. Are you doubting me?”

“Yes.”

Saeyeon gave the boy a pointed look. Did he really just say that?

Chanwoo immediately gasped and clamped his mouth shut with his hand. “S-Sorry. I get really honest whenever I’m nervous. It’s like I have no filter. I just say—“

“Just go over the plan once again,” Saeyeon interrupted, rolling her eyes.

Chanwoo cleared his throat before repeating the instructions she had given him like an obedient child. “I’m going to, uhm, pretend to go use the restroom, and after a couple minutes—“

“Three minutes,” she corrected.

“Three minutes,” he repeated. “After three minutes, Saeyeon noona, you’re going to pretend to spill water all over your skirt and walk away as if you’re going to go clean yourself up, and by that time, I’ll be by the entrance and we’ll ditch the restaurant without my mom’s spies knowing.”  

Saeyeon snapped her fingers, almost proud. “Bingo. You ready?”

“I’m going to be in so much trouble when my mom finds out,” Chanwoo muttered, already imagining the consequences.  

That made Saeyeon reach out to pat him on the shoulder for encouragement. For her plan to work, Chanwoo had to have the right mindset (and some faith in himself). “Live a little, young one,” she advised as if she was a far more experienced (and wise) teenager. “What’s life without a few risks? Don’t worry. It’ll be worth it. I’ll make it worth it.”

For some reason that seemed to have comfort Chanwoo and he instantly gave her a firm nod (what an attitude change). “Alright. See you in three minutes.” Without another word, he got up and headed towards the bathroom.

Saeyeon watched the men eye Chanwoo all the way until he had entered the restroom; unsuspicious, they then turned their attention back to their food. Saeyeon glanced at her timer on the phone, waiting. Once her phone vibrated from the set alarm, she sighed. Now it was her turn. Here goes nothing (sigh… the things she did sometimes). She waited until the waiter with the rolling cart reached her table and instantly she jerked her knee up, consequently spilling her cup of water all over her skirt as if it was his fault. Internally Saeyeon cussed. That wasn’t supposed to happen. It was only supposed to pretend to spill, emphasizes on pretend.

Her reaction was as genuine as can be, and she instantly shot up and shrieked a little.

The waiter immediately apologized but Saeyeon simply grabbed a few napkins and her purse before scoffing and walking away from the table. Everyone in the restaurant turned their attention to the scene, and from the corner of her eye, Saeyeon could see the spies tilt their head in confusion. She watched them glance to the table and back at her a couple of times before slowly getting up from their seats.

She quickened her pace before swearing. “,” she muttered. Dropping the napkins, Saeyeon slipped out of her heels and started running towards the entrance. Sensing the situation, the men began to run after her. She could see Chanwoo hiding behind a plant (although it really did him no justice) momentarily stepping out to mouth what was wrong.

“Run!” She quickly zoomed right past him as he hesitantly followed her.

“Hey! Stop right there!” the men shouted.

The two were now out of Si Hwa Dam and on the busy streets of Itaewon. It was heavily crowded, and Saeyeon had expected to easily lose the people chasing them. But the men were still on the two high schoolers’ tail (truthfully, Saeyeon and Chanwoo stuck out like a sore thumb due to their choice of apparel). Chanwoo, who was a lot slower than Saeyeon, boldly turned back to see how close his mother’s men were and his eyes widened in fear.

“Noona, they’re going to catch us!”

Saeyeon smirked. “Not if I can help it.”

Without another word, she grabbed the younger boy’s hand and with adrenaline pumping in her veins, she ran even faster. They bumped into numerous pedestrians along the way, shouting a few short apologies here and there for it. Their chests heaved from all the running, their breaths becoming short. And despite all of that, somewhere in the midst of the chase, the atmosphere became lighter, fun even. Chanwoo was now up to par with Saeyeon’s speed, and the two were laughing like there was no tomorrow.

“Are we still being chased?” Saeyeon asked in between breaths.

Chanwoo glanced back, huffing and puffing. “I don’t think so.”

Instantly the two stopped in front a store; if they weren’t being chased, then the two didn’t need to run any longer than deem necessary. They shared a few glances, slowly realizing what they had just done. And as a result, Saeyeon and Chanwoo laughed once more.

“Well looks like your plan worked,” Chanwoo pointed out.

“Like I said,” Saeyeon smugly proclaimed. “Bulletproof.”

Chanwoo was about to thank her when his eyes scanned her down and he noticed her feet. She was practically barefoot. “What happened to your shoes?”

Saeyeon glanced down and absentmindedly tapped them together. She was so focused on running that she had forgotten she left her heels back at the restaurant. “I could run better without them,” she said with a shrug. Her stockings were partially ripped and dirty from all the running. Parts of her toes were exposed, but she didn’t care. That was perhaps the most fun she had had ever since coming back (this definitely beat locking Goo Junhoe in a room at the club… wait… okay almost beat, locking up Junhoe was pretty ing fun).

At that moment, Chanwoo looked right past her and wordlessly pulled Saeyeon into the store they were in front of without an explanation.

“What are you doing?” Saeyeon questioned.

“You said you wanted me to accompany you wherever you wanted to go tonight. Set aside our differences? Might as well be comfortable, right?” Chanwoo asked, referring to their clothes while glancing back at her. Saeyeon instantly looked down to her outfit and then at his. Chanwoo was wearing a semi-formal, deep navy blue suit. His hair was done nicely (in the slightest ruffles and waves), and his shoes were a polished black. It was at that moment that Saeyeon then noticed how the boy easily towered her. He must’ve been at least six foot, at least.

It was hard to believe the boy was only sixteen.

“Your point?” she finally said, tearing her gaze away from his appearance and to his face.

Chanwoo grinned. “Pick out something you like, noona. I’ll pay for it.”

“No thanks,” she replied bluntly. “I can pay for it myself.”

“I know, but I want to.” Chanwoo charmingly smiled. “Come on, Saeyeon noona. I’m going to buy you a set of clothes and a new pair of shoes regardless of what you say since you helped me escape, so you might as well pick out something you like. Consider it me setting aside our differences.”

Saeyeon raised a brow. It still felt weird to be called that term, noona, but nonetheless, she folded her arms. “Are you sure? Because I’m not the type to reject an offer twice,” she taunted, “and you better not take back what you said after I’m done picking out the most expensive of clothes or else I’m giving you back up to the spies.”

It was a friendly warning (although she meant it as a joke).

Chanwoo’s smile remained unmoved. “I won’t.”

“Fine, considering me accepting your offer as setting aside our differences too.”

Without further ado, Saeyeon took a look around the store with Chanwoo trailing behind her like an eager puppy. She eventually pointed out the things she deemed comfortable: a gray hoodie, black Adidas sweats, and a pair of Nikes.

Chanwoo merely nodded in approval at her selection and glanced at the worker who was following them. “I’ll take two of each please, one in her size and one in mine,” he told her with a wide grin.

Nodding, the worker quickly got the items and made her way to the cash register. As she scanned the items on the counter, she glanced at the two of them with an overly eager smile. “You two make such a cute couple! You must feel really lucky to have a boyfriend who takes care of you and buy you clothes,” she said to Saeyeon.

Flustered, Chanwoo blinked at t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter